April 16, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lips - Revlon - Color Burst lip butter - Cotton Candy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

I recently went through my Lip Butter collection and fell in love with this one again. Cotton Candy is a beautiful slight yellow pink with golden shimmer. Doesnt look harsh like some frosts can. It's a sheerer version of MAC Fabby lipstick. LOVE lip butters for their hydration effect on lips and super sexy packaging!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color is pretty but expensive. I'll only try the lip butters when they are buy 1 get 1 half off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by ObcessedWithMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this color, and Im in love with it ! I had to go back to get another as an back up.
The color is a nice light pink with some sheen in it. When i saw the packaging I thought the color would be highly pigmented, but as you apply it to your lips it'll lighten up. This product is buildable and the color looks amazing ! It glided on my lips, and feels hydrating but the word " lip butter" is kind of over exaggerating the product because it didn't moisturize my lips that much.The downside is that the color seems to fade after a few hours, and the hydration lasts for a few hours too. I have to reapply it to get that hydrating feeling again. Overall, this product has colors and does hydrate the lips for a few hours, and the packaging has a nice weave and it's not flimsy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ktkemp33

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in Sweet Tart and LOVED it. CVS had a special - $6.00 for the Lip Butters - buy $12.00 and get Extra Bucks of $4.00. That put them at $4.00 each. I LOVE these lip butters. I got Cotton Candy and Cupcake this time. I usually stick with pinks, but I am sure they are all fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love it. I love the Revlon lip butters I think they moisturize really well and have decent staying power. I like this color personally it is frosty but I have black hair and green eyes and like the pink or lilac frost for me, but could be tricky to pull off with different coloring.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Never thought I could pull off a pink as it always manages to look ridiculous on me but this is sheer enough that it doesn't look garish but pigmented enough that it shows. It's a great balance, indeed. I like how moisturizing it is, and though I wish it had a bit more lasting power, I'm not holding that against this product because it never did claim to be longwearing. I'm all over this product and will buy this and Brown Sugar for as long as they're in production. I do enjoy wearing a couple swipes of Cotton Candy and one swipe of Brown Sugar over it. I find that to be the best, most flattering color in the world for me. Hope that helps for all you caramel divas reading this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh...it's OK. It was not as buttery or moisturizing as I had expected, but I've grown to like the color

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really dying to try these lip butters because they were being raved about & every one I have tried has disappointed me. When I tried this color I looked like I had on play makeup a 5 year old would use. Actually, they all look like that on.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by xosandy

After months of stalking my local drugstore, I finally found a lip butter. Needless to say, I'm quite disappointed after all the hype. The color is simply too sheer for my skin tone. It doesn't look like I'm wearing anything on my lips. Read: pigmentation is terrible. In terms of staying power, the wear is okay. Since you don't get much product, I tend to use it quite sparingly. This really does feel smooth and buttery on your lips though. I do like that it's very moisturizing. The packaging is also cute and chic! I really like that there is a window so you can see the actual color of the product. Price-wise, there is pretty expensive for what it's worth. I do like the other Revlon lip lines so I had high hopes for the lip butters. Unfortunately, I won't ever repurchase Cotton Candy again (waste of $8) but I'll still give the more pigmented colors a chance.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Many people seem to rave about these Lip Butters, but I don't see why. The texture feels just like rubbing a stick of butter or wax on my lips -- yuck! It doesn't stay on, and then my lips feel drier than if I hadn't bothered at all. Also, I did not care for the Cotton Candy shade. I have a light skin tone, but even on me, Cotton Candy is lighter than my natural lips, making me look washed out as a result. I like the texture & colors of Cover Girl Natureluxe Lip Balm better -- and it's basically the same price.