October 22, 2014 | 2032 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by loverofgrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this and some other shades of Revlon Lip Butters and I love it!!!
This color is perfect for spring!
Very moisturizing.
This particular color has long lasting pigments and has buildable color to it.
Color pay off is amazing too.
The texture is smooth and not grainy like the Maybelline's Whispers line.
Overall great product and I'm not a lipstick girl so this is great!
One bad thing would have to be that the product would melt down if it was summer (because I live in SoCal) and the melted parts or bits slide out which can become messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

NOTE: The only reason I won't be repurchasing is because I seldom wear makeup and I've already bought three different Lip Butters. I've compared them to the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It's not too heavy, but I think it's noticable when you're wearing it, especially if you apply a thick layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $7 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. This color is a very bright red and is slightly orange-toned, so I feel it could suit a lot of different skin tones. I feel it would look best on me with a nice tan since I have olive skin, I'll be testing that theory out soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just love these lip butters! I also have it in Pink Truffle (a good MLBB) but this one just steals the show! What a lovely warm red this is! Too bad the other colors don't suit me, but I'm completely happy with the 2 I have :)!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by SwingDancer87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Candy Apple is a warm, sheer red color with a satin finish. It feel like a lip balm on my lips, but the color is rather pigmented like a lipstick. The color is not a true red. I see a hint of coral on me. It's a perfect everyday red color that is not too striking or glamorous. I like to apply it heavily for a more opague look but it can be applied for sheer coverage. The formula is very soft so I'd be wary about leaving it in my purse or car during the summer. It feels nice and moisturizing at first, but when the lip butter starts drying on my lips in a few hours, the moisturization ends but the color remains strong. At that point I will apply a regular lip balm or another layer of candy apple to keep the moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by colleenkelley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG red - finally! I have fair/medium, yellowish-olive toned skin (NC 35)...the blue-reds just don't cut it on me. I've been searching for a good wearable red for-freaking-ever. This is it. The texture is lovely; it goes on smooth and isn't drying. It's got a nice amount of pigment, so much so I usually blot for daytime wear to keep it from being overwhelming. It's a good idea to be sure your lips are completely smooth first, though, because any chapping or dryness will be obvious. Staying power isn't the best, but as it only takes a little bit to get a good amount of color, I don't mind reapplying several times throughout the day. I will definitely buy this one again, and probably even try some other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by annieface

This color looks absolutely lovely on warm skin tones. It brightens the whole face and I love it with a neutral eye and some winged liner. It doesn't have fantastic staying power, but it never leaves my lips feeling dry. I have quite pigmented lips and this shows up on them when I can't say many lip products do, so I certainly wouldn't call this a sheer wash though you can wear it that way by tapping it on and then blending it out with a finger. I have a lot of red lipsticks, but I must say this is one of my top 3!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by adm71csu

i love this lip butter so much! my first lip butter i got was peach parfait and though i liked it, i wasn't in love with the amount of sparkle it deposits. this one isn't glittery and just a really nice red. i love how i can wear it very sheer to just add a nice tint to my lips, or build up the colour and really make it pop. the only thing i don't like is the packaging because it has kind of a cheap feel to it with the plastic cap, but it's not a big issue at all so i would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Hezmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm definitely a new convert to the Revlon Lip Butters! For those who like a sheer wash of color with some moisture and don't want to deal with a wand of glop, thse are great. I'm a fair/medium warm/neutral with chestnut hair and olive eyes. Lips are thin and I definitely need some pigment so they don't disappear... nudes are not for me, but neither are too-dark shades because they tend to make my mouth look severe. I tend to like reds, plums and corals, but historically (until I found the now discontinued Clinique Bare Brilliance line) wore plums because reds are so tricky. This Revlon Candy Apple Lip Butter is a lovely true warm-leaning sheer red with an almost matte finish--the first wearable true red I've found since . the discontinuation of the Clinique Bare Brilliance! Color is buildable and wears down to a nice sexy bitten flush. My HG lipstick was the now-discontinued Clinique Bare Brilliance in Ruby Glass, a warmish sheer red with sparkle. If I layer the more coolish sparkly Cherry Tart (which is a lot like the old Clinique BB Cherry Quartz) over this, I get a really good approximation of the old BB Ruby Glass. Also Pink Truffle--cute pinkinsh-brown shimmery shade but I think it might look better if I have a bit of color in the summer--right now it washes me out. Based on reviews will probably also purchase Red Velvet (a deeper 40's red) for evenings and Tutti Frutti (orange/coral with shimmer) for summer. So glad to have these available at the drugstore for half the price of what I used to pay at the Clinique counter! Now, if Revlon can only create one more shade by adding shimmer to the Candy Apple, I'll be one hundred percent happy...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is agreat red lipstick from Revlon. It feels great going on and the red is the perfect true red shade. It's a fun, bright sort of red even on my dark (NC50) skin without looking clownish. It's not the most sophisticated shade but it is fun and young and buildable from light stain-like coverage to va-va-voom full-on starlet red.

The staying power in all honesty isn't as great as with the Colorburst Lipsticks and this will need to be reapplied during the day, but it's no problem because it feels so good and luxurious on the lips like a really high quality lip balm. This does mean that you cam go through tubes of this stuff pretty quickly but that's not enough of a low point to stop me from repurchasing this as i constantly do. Everyone I've introduced to it loves the color and the shade. It's a definite staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a major problem, and that's that I've never found a red lipstick I've ever thought looks halfway decent on me. Firstly, I've never found a red that didn't pull too berry toned or orange toned. Did people just forget to make any wearable mid toned true reds? Being asian, red lipstick always seemed to wash me out, making my skin look paler, my lips look redder, and inevitably I would end up looking like nothing more than an old school geisha with unbalanced makeup. It's not a good look.

This is my first foray back into reds, and Candy Apple is the perfect red for the novice who freaks out at scary colors on her face. Wear it lightly for a sheer wash of color and glossiness, wear it heavier for a bright, true red. You can control the color intensity, and it's pretty neat how far the range can go with this color alone if you just change how many layers you put on. I thought I hated reds but after building up the color with this out of curiosity, I realized this particular red looks amazing on me! (NC37) If you're one of those people who have never looked good in a red lipstick, I can't stress how much you should try this one. It will change your mind

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No