September 2, 2014 | 1353 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mickansley123

This is my holy grail lipstick! I am so in love with the hydration, shine and color it gives to your lips! Crazy pretty and fun to wear:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just meh for me. Similar to the other Lip Butters, I find the texture too thick and cloying on the lips. Like other reviews have said, this shade is very close to "natural" for most people so it's basically a tinted lip balm. The packaging is annoying - the base is very short so it's hard to grasp it to get the lid off. Also, the swivel mechanism stopped working after only a few uses. Overall, I've found Revlon Lip Butters to be either underwhelming (like this one) or overwhelming (too bright and garish, e.g. Cherry Tart). EDIT: this dries out my lips badly.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by MamaChoobie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite go-to lip product. I wear it over other lipsticks for extra shine and moisture, and it looks very nice by itself. Feels great, smells yummy. I'm going through these like crazy; Revlon: don't stop making these, please!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by imasocalgirl

I'll pass. Too brownish for me. Poduct works more like a color lip balm. I may purchase it again, but in a different shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by wickedful

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It's a balm and lipstick in one!! It goes on so smooth and the color is perfect. The perfect mix of pink and nude and it will go with any style make-up I put on. I also appreciate the fact that it's not shimmery.

I sadly ran out of it already and have been trying to get as much as I could out of the tube with my lip brush until I buy another one. So my only thing about it is that I wish it did stay longer on my lips throughout the day because I think this is why I ran out of it so fast.

It is a little bit on the pricey side for a lipstick (paid about $9 at Walmart; I saw it for $12 at London Drugs today whoa) but it is worth it. I wish there was a huge sale on it sometime so I can buy like 3 of them!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think i've finally found my HG MLBB shade. Love the color, love the moisturizing formula. This is the only lippie i've ever finished. Ever, in my 31 years on the planet. I've repurchased it twice now. I wish it were a little longer-lasting, but that's my only critique. i'll buy this over and over again forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This colour enhances what nature gave you. So pretty! It's a sheer tint of colour like a lip gloss, but moisturizing like a balm, not sticky. It feels really nice on the lips, not drying. Even after the gloss is gone, there is still some colour. Bought on sale for $4.97 CDN, it was a very good buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by sunshine824

I don't wear much makeup so it's rare for me to write a review for it. However, this has become my HG lip color. I first tried it on a whim about a year ago after reading the good reviews. I've been using it daily ever since and have repurchased several times. Before this the only 2 products I repurchased consistantly for the "my lips, but better" look was Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey and Lip Smacker's in Dr. Pepper flavor(lol). I prefer this lip butter over both because the color is perfect on me, the quality falls between the prior two, and it stays on longer than the Clinique while costing less.

Pink Truffle is the perfect shade of pink with a slight tinge of brown to keep it from being too artificial or neon colored. It's so perfect and natural looking on me that I didn't realize just how pigmented it is. I thought the lip butters were like tinted balms, and they're not. I purchased a couple of different colors and was shocked when the colors were rich and vibrant like lipstick. The whole time I thought Pink Truffle was semi-sheer, but it isn't. It's just a perfect match for my lips & skin.

It's not drying at all, doesn't have shimmer(thank goodness!), and lasts a long time. I usually only reapply after eating or once more during the day. The price is reasonable and it's easy to find. I will repurchase this as long as they make it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw this shade on a blog of a lady with my same coloring (hair, skin, freckles, etc) , she loved it so I thought I'd give it a try. I really like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Awijemi

The packaging is cute. The colour is a very natural looking pink/brown on your lips. This one has no shimmer in it. It smells nice, like cupcakes! Actually all of them smell like that i think : )