August 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I think I love this more than my Maybelline one!

This a super black and smooth eyeliner and you get so much for the price (around $3 if I recall correctly).

I did some winged eyeliner one day and it stayed nice and dark all day with no smudging. Even when I was working a Saturday shift at a retail job and I was running around and sweating like crazy. This stuff is amazing.

This is my HG gel eyeliner. I would buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by FrankenDucky

I absolutely love this product. I picked it up one day [in black] at Ulta on a whim and have never turned back. I used to use the Maybelline gel liner but it seemed hard and clay-like. The Essence liner is so creamy and glides right on. I have oily lids and this stuff will not budge once it's dry. Right now, I use it almost daily for tightlining with an Elf concealer brush. It's such a strong, deep black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is my first gel eyeliner in a jar. I find this product especially easy to apply with a sharp-angled brush, same as used for filling in my brows. The consistency of the gel itself has enough fluidity to glide across the lash line. And at the same time, it is not too much of a liquid to make it drip.

The color is really black. After testing out Bobby Brown and Laura Mercier gel eyeliner in Sephora, I can say that Essence matches up. Perhaps this eyeliner is not as long lasting as Tarte clay eyeliner. However, I found no problems getting this to last for 8-10 hrs in a heated environment. It may be not quite as blackest black as MAC fluidline gel eyeliner or the aforementioned. But it fits the bill.

And for $3.99 a LARGE jar. This stuff is literally as good as it gets. For a make up lover, it fits the bill of making you look beautiful. For youtube gurus with pricey products rolling their way, I can see why this one gets no mention. Much more product than any other gel eyeliner on the market in the pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful product! Last so long! Super inexpensive and is just perfect. :) my HG gel eye liner forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner is really something special. It is the only liner, in any form, that lasts on my waterline. And I mean all day, from when I do my makeup at 7:30 am to when I get home from the gym at 8 pm.
It glides on nicely (I use the Maybelline eye studio gel liner brush) and works well for tightlining too. I wish I could find it in other colors than black!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Christinegem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS. Incredibly black, long lasting, pigmented, smooth, easy to work with and is easy to take off if u have a makeup remover or moisturizer would do too. Overall I love it and it's perfect and cheap so give it a try or u'd be missing out aha only downside is that ur eyeliner brush gets all crusty when it dries and when u take off the eyeliner it's crusty but really no one cares about that and it's no big deal at all aha BUY IT NOW it's awesome. I find it better than the maybelline gel liner because it doesn't transfer to my eyelids (the maybelline I had wasnt waterproof but it still shouldnt transfer) just go buy the essence now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by oatmeal15

Best eyeliner I've used.. it lasts all day, with good pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have this in the shade "midnight in Paris" aka black. I'm not a big fan of gel eyeliner but I like this one. The consistency is very smooth and easy to apply but I can only apply it on 2/3 of my eye because when I apply it on my 1/3 inner corner it will smudge,no matter what! I tried to set it with a black eyeshadow but it will still smudge hence the 4 stars. Maybe because i have watery eyes idk. The price is great,it last a long time. I've had mine for almost a year and still going strong,no drying whatsoever. Yes,I will buy it again and again. I don't see the point of spending $9 &up for a drugstore gel eyeliner,might as well pay the extra bucks and get a high end one. Get this one instead for $3 and your wallet will thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Many jars of this later I am still in love with it I only wish they would do some more fun colored ones maybe some neon ones. Formula is epic and for only 3 dollars at ulta it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely freaking love this product. So far, it's my holy grail eyeliner.
Most eyeliners smudge on me. Regardless of the formula, whether it's a pencil, a gel, or liquid, it won't last on my extremely oily skin. It'll smudge or flake, even melt at the corner of my eyes sometimes. So far, this stuff hasn't. It's lasted over 6 hours on me, still looking as perfect as it was when I applied it.
I have the colour Midnight in Paris and it's a nice, dark black. I don't think this is the blackest gel liner, but it's still very dark. It's pretty pigmented too, but not 100% opaque in one swipe. The texture of this is sort of light... It's smooth and creamy, yet has a slightly fluffy texture reminiscent of a mousse. It's very easy to work with, but it's this texture that makes it difficult to get a completely opaque line without a couple more strokes.
I apply this by taking an angled eyeliner brush and scooping a small amount of the product onto the back of my hand. I then sweep the brush through the glob of liner to coat the brush, and remove any excess. From there I draw my winged liner. It dries VERY quickly. I find that this is easy to remove off of the brush afterwards (unlike the Maybelline gel liner.. that stuff doesn't wash off my brushes :/) but the glob left on my hand takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get off. You can certainly tell it's long lasting!
The only thing I don't love about this product is the packaging. It's okay. It comes in a small glass jar with a plastic lid that has the brand, the product name, and this rounded square motif on it. Yes, this product is dirt cheap (got it for about $3 from Shoppers Drug Mart for 3g), but that doesn't mean it has to look like its price! The cap looks cheap and reminds me of children's makeup. The choice of font doesn't help either... Oh well, at least it's not wet n wild-esque. Thumbs up for a glass jar though. Keeps the product from drying out as fast.
Overall, definitely going to repurchase this when I run out, and recommend this to anyone who's looking for an awesome gel liner.