April 16, 2014 | 2118 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It's a beautiful color and its really pigmented. It doesn't dry out my lips or anything like that either. Also, you could really play it up or down. I usually just dab it on my lips to give them a tint but you could make it super bold. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

I am so in love with this shade. It's the perfect red for my skin tone. I love that it doesn't dry out your lips either, since it's more of a balm than a lipstick. It's a little more sheer than traditional lipstick as well, which is nice. I am obsessed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by rosieex3

I love this product! Such a nice everyday lip color for the fall and winter. (Although I do rock red lips in the summertime too, heheh). I am so happy that I discovered this while browsing through walmart. I was actually so desperate to buy it, that I purchased the last one even though the seal was broken, since I started reading raving reviews of it online from my phone while debating on whether to buy it or not. :x I have pale skin, brown eyes and hair. Bright cherry reds do not look good on me, so I have been searching for a noticeable red that I could wear and this is it. It's not over-the-top or anything, just a beautiful deep neutral red. I am in love with it. One light swipe will give you beautiful but subtle rosy red lips. Adding multiple layers will give you that retro , classy, genuine, deep-ish red color. I normally prefer matte lip colors, but this is slightly glossy and hydrating looking - which I do not mind at all in this product. It's easy to throw on before work. I expected this lip color to feather on my lips since the formula is so creamy, but it stayed put. I recommend this product to anyone! Although I probably will try and find this exact color in a matte lipstick for days where I'd prefer a matte lip (I hear black cherry by NYX is a more matte alternative very similar in color). I highly recommend red velvet to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful and moisturizing brick red. It can be worn sheerly or layered for a lipstick look (one of the more opaque of the butters). My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long on the lips (even without eating). It fades and I find it a little annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not understand why people don't LOVE these lip butters as much as me. I buy soo many lip products, they're my favorite thing to buy, and this lip butter is probably my HG. Its so pigmented and the texture is phenomenal, very slippery and buttery but doesn't rub off quickly which is my favorite part about it. I don't wear this color in it's full-on opaqueness like in the pictures, i put it on and then blot it and it leaves a beautiful natural looking rosy red finish that lasts a really long time because of the particular texture. And it never gets dry or leaves your lips looking rough like lipsticks do over time if you don't touch them up, but the shine does go away after a while. I would strongly encourage people to try this lip butter blotted and muted down a bit for everyday wear, its so pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by redhead1982

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dry, dry, dry! I LOVE the shade, but the texture is so dry it needs a lip balm underneath or a clear gloss on top, which makes the staying power non-existent. I much prefer Clinique's Butter Shine lipsticks for texture, but have a problem with staying power there as well since they're SO moisturizing. I guess I should just avoid any lip product with "butter' in the name. *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Radmosaic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous 1940s rust red. I'm light olivey with brown eyes and hair with henna red in my hair which Red Velvet compliments beautifully. Its a burnt leave autumn red glowy lipstick. Sheer with one layer. Not too shiny but feels moist. Blotted it leaves a red stain matte look. Build up the layers and its a deeper brown red. But caution with any chapped areas because then the color is uneven. Must buff lips!
A very pretty and classic red with a modern moist twist! I love the packaging too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by klumsy

I had bought 3 Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters when they were first released because I was so excited about the variety of colors. I do love the classic red color that Red Velvet gives to the lips however, it does take me a couple of applications to get a deep red color. This lipstick is light and creamy which is nice but the color does not last very long. I love the range of Revlon Lip Butter colors and the moisturizing texture of this product but because the color doesn't last long and the color payoff is a bit weak, I don't think I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I feel like ever since Fall hit, there have been so many more reviews for this shade. Probably because this is a great Fall color! I purchased Cherry Tart in early summer and it is the perfect red for me. Not in your face, but red cupie doll lips...loved it. Well fast forward to full on autumn and when I went to put it on with a white shirt and a pair of jeans, it felt a bit too summery on my NW20 complexion. I thought..."hmmm this isn't quite right anymore...let me try Red Velvet." And bam! It transformed my simple look from a seasonally inappropriate feel to autumn perfection. Now I had Red Velvet in my reserve pile because when I tried it in the summer it felt too dark. I am sure Cherry Tart will look nice with some outfits in the colder months, but I love having Red Velvet as my fall/winter red (w/Blushing Bride blush). And Cherry Tart as my spring/summer red (with Tipsy blush). The only red I am still having trouble working on me from the Lip Butters is Candy Apple...it skews a touch too orange on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the colour, I must admit. It's a nice tone of red, dark aswell. But my true disappointment is how the colour vanishes easily. It never stays on me much. But I guess that's too much to expect from a lipbutter. This is my least favourite in Revlon's lipbutters.