December 21, 2014 | 1874 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by PerfumeMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely gorgeous deep red. A neutral red, which is hard to find..believe me, I have tried lol. This is very long lasting and stays on even longer if you use a liner underneath.

Not too pink, cool or brownish .... again, it's the perfect dark red and works well in day or evening as you can tone it down (or up) accordingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loke the lip butters in general. Nice smooth, somewhat sheer, moisturizing. This color has a special place in my heart though because it drives dh crazy with lust hahaha! I normally dont wear reds, I like a more natural look. But this red looks ok on my somewhat fair face. And like I said, dh loves it on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wrote that I would repurchase this, although this particular color doesn't suit me so well. I would buy it again, just in another color, probably Cherry Tart. The formula for the lip butters is great! I have dry lips and these are nicely moisturizing and soft, while having decent staying power. I like that they are pigmented but not intensely so. They make for nice everyday lippies.

Now, this color is pretty but doesn't quite work for me, it's a little too brown, I think. I need something a little softer or brighter. I think I'm a little too fair for it, I have extremely fair skin, neutral but leaning warm, probably between an NC10 and NC15, and a smidge darker than Nars Siberia. I couldn't quite pull this off, so I gave it to my mom, and it was PERFECT on her. She's much darker than me, would probably be an NC25, and it almost turned a little plum on her, but it was so pretty. A perfect soft, but deep, pummy red. If that sounds like you, this is worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Perthro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS:
Nice deep red
No irritation
Minimal drying
Buildable color

CONS:
I needed to touch up after few hours, but I didn't expect this to be long-lasting anyway since it's a tinted balm

Overall, nice product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ONLY CON:
The packaging, (to me), looks sort of tacky.
PROS:
The color is gorgeous and rich.
The formula is delectable and moisturizing!
It's like a gloss and a lipstick all in one.
No scent.
No taste.
Can work as a stain too.
The color makes me feel confident AND sexy.

I recommend this, yalls, but, sadly, I have other formulas that I prefer.

PEACE OUT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It's a beautiful color and its really pigmented. It doesn't dry out my lips or anything like that either. Also, you could really play it up or down. I usually just dab it on my lips to give them a tint but you could make it super bold. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

I am so in love with this shade. It's the perfect red for my skin tone. I love that it doesn't dry out your lips either, since it's more of a balm than a lipstick. It's a little more sheer than traditional lipstick as well, which is nice. I am obsessed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by rosieex3

I love this product! Such a nice everyday lip color for the fall and winter. (Although I do rock red lips in the summertime too, heheh). I am so happy that I discovered this while browsing through walmart. I was actually so desperate to buy it, that I purchased the last one even though the seal was broken, since I started reading raving reviews of it online from my phone while debating on whether to buy it or not. :x I have pale skin, brown eyes and hair. Bright cherry reds do not look good on me, so I have been searching for a noticeable red that I could wear and this is it. It's not over-the-top or anything, just a beautiful deep neutral red. I am in love with it. One light swipe will give you beautiful but subtle rosy red lips. Adding multiple layers will give you that retro , classy, genuine, deep-ish red color. I normally prefer matte lip colors, but this is slightly glossy and hydrating looking - which I do not mind at all in this product. It's easy to throw on before work. I expected this lip color to feather on my lips since the formula is so creamy, but it stayed put. I recommend this product to anyone! Although I probably will try and find this exact color in a matte lipstick for days where I'd prefer a matte lip (I hear black cherry by NYX is a more matte alternative very similar in color). I highly recommend red velvet to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful and moisturizing brick red. It can be worn sheerly or layered for a lipstick look (one of the more opaque of the butters). My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long on the lips (even without eating). It fades and I find it a little annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not understand why people don't LOVE these lip butters as much as me. I buy soo many lip products, they're my favorite thing to buy, and this lip butter is probably my HG. Its so pigmented and the texture is phenomenal, very slippery and buttery but doesn't rub off quickly which is my favorite part about it. I don't wear this color in it's full-on opaqueness like in the pictures, i put it on and then blot it and it leaves a beautiful natural looking rosy red finish that lasts a really long time because of the particular texture. And it never gets dry or leaves your lips looking rough like lipsticks do over time if you don't touch them up, but the shine does go away after a while. I would strongly encourage people to try this lip butter blotted and muted down a bit for everyday wear, its so pretty.