April 17, 2014 | 1905 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Alright I bought this in the blue compact, the gold one and an extra refill. The lady seemed intent on making me buy the blue one for "at home", whatever I figured I'd like it. I hate it. No matter what I do it looks like I rubbed chalk on my face. The only way for it to look nice is to put so little on it's like it's not there. I bought it because I liked that it was for a dryer skin type, which I am now that I'm using glycolic acid and BP. All it did was accentuate EVERYTHING and be chalky.I cannot by the laws of nature and physics blend this. Seriously, I've used dollar compacts that were better. In fact, one of the girls mentioned NYC powder and that stuff is FAR better than this will ever be. If I have a chance, which I know I won't, I'll be returning the blue compact and extra refill. I'm keeping the gold one because that's what I originally wanted just for the sake of a cute gold compact. Gr, this makes me so upset.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I bought this pressed powder in the small Golden Alligator Compact. The powder lasts a long time and the compact is refillable. I lightly apply it with a brush over the cheek areas to which I've applied concealer. It sets the concealer without a heavy, powdered look. I also use it on my brows after I've used brow pencil and brushed my brows. It sets the color so there's no rub-off or smearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetie02

I just LOVE this product!
I've been using Estee Lauder's press power on and off about four years now. I've tried out Chanel, Calrins, Lancome, Clinique, Shiseido inbetween, but after awhile always came back to this product. I usually only apply my sunblock cream (Shiseido Anessa), which is slightly tinted, and afterwards lightly apply this powder. This routine brightens up my face without making my skin looking cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I find Lucidity E.L. powder to be the best for me. I have tried many other brands over the years, high end, and over the counter, but all eventually turned orange on me, and some actually felt like dirt on my face. Not Lucidity. Lucidity applies so smooth, and feels like silk on my skin. The Lucidity is not for people with oily skin however. Ask the E.L. consultant to show you the other products for your skin type. Lucidity is for people with drier skin and ladies who want to cover up the signs of aging. This powder has reflection agents included to reduce the signs of wrinkles. I really do notice a difference when I have Lucidity on. I use the light - medium coverage now. I tried the medium coverage at first at the suggestion of the consultant, but found it was way too dark for me. I switched to light-medium and it is the perfect shade. It is a building type coverage if you need it to be. Some days it takes just a little swipe to do the job, and on the days when I have worked long hours all week, I build up my coverage so as to hide that tired look. It never feels thick, or caked on. My face always feels so soft and smooth, even my husband notices the feel of my skin. The smell is stronger when you first get a new compact, but it quickly settles down to a light, clean fragrance. I keep the big blue compact in my makeup bag for my daily application. I appreciate the fact that it is so big and I get so much powder for my money. It last forever! I keep a lovely collector edition in my purse for touch-ups and show. ;-) Like some of the other ladies have stated, I take it out and touch up my nose, but actually it is just for show, and the smell of the powder. My Lucidity never needs a touch up. I apply in the morning and after an 8 hour shift, it still looks great!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RachelFay81

This is very odd on a lot of levels. It did not seem to set well, was more of a dewy finish, and even the translucent was too much color and seems to lighten to a ghost like look on my ppp skin. Tried with a brush and it looked a lot better than with the sponge. But neither worked well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by shonasky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE:). This is my HG powder. I use it to set my Clinique City Block SPF 25 stuff. Together give me a flawless, glowing complexion. I have some acne around my nose, but with stuff, the redness is toned down and barely noticeable. Gets rid of the oilies too! Will definitely repurchase. The smell, by the way, is strong at first but now I barely even notice it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by GoddessGreenEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this powder. I used to use loose powder until I came across this one. It sets makeup beautifully, and its velvety texture and its makeup-setting properties last ALL day - even though I look in the mirror occasionally and do touch-ups around my nose and under my eyes because I'm used to doing that with other inferior powders. The sponge this comes with delivers the powder very evenly, which I really like, and you don't have to keep re-applying as you put it on. One swipe into the powder covers the entire face quite well. This one's a keeper. I have extremely pale skin, and this one actually has a color that matches my skin without making me look yellow or dead. Kudos to EL for keeping this one in the lineup!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a small, collectible compact in gold and it's super cute plus the powder goes on velvety and invisible. Just used a couple times so I'll have to see if I love it as much after a few wears as I do now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 7:57:00 AM More reviews by andal

This powder is just GREAT. Translucent and lightweight, it glides on smooth and evenly. Ideal for touch-ups during the day. I have shade Medium (03).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2007 6:47:00 AM More reviews by gupalsmurthpadacal

Pros:
Good for pale skin,
goes on smoothly,
works well at keeping everything in place,
doesn't agitate sensitive skin.

Cons:
Can separate slightly if you have greasy skin,
the pad it comes with isn't the best for application.

Overall: I really like the product I have really pale skin and find it hard to find products that don't turn me orange!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No