Garnier Dark Spot Treatment

3.2

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid (Pure Vitamin C), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Potassium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Sodium Styrene/MA Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Alcohol, Benzylsalicylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Carbomer, Citral, Retinol, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Gentiana Lutea Extract/Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Geraniol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Arbutin, Limonene, Linalool, Nylon-12, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium, Anisate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance

on 6/18/2013 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

**I'm an american born middle eastern js**
I wasn't sure whether to buy this or not, considering it was expensive for something out of a drug store.
But I was pretty desperate, because of some pretty bad dark spots and scars left over from acne. (back when I popped them, Ew)
I like the smell of it, and the packaging is only bad because the foil type tube keeps the vitamin c fresh. Though I'm not sure if this did much for my skin to be honest. I used it religiously for a month and a half before I realized it wasn't doing anything. And I noticed my skin had actually broken out more. So the past week I stopped it and my skin has improved alot!
I really wish this worked because all the good reviews got me excited, but no :(
To be honest, I have bad acne and scars on my face so I'm giving up and going in for microdermabrasion. The splurge with be worth it! Groupon has good offers on it locally!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this on my back daily to fade pigmentation from acne scars for 5 months now and up to my 8th tube. My back is definitely brighter and even toned, whilst this has not gotten rid of the more deeply pigmented scars this has definitely faded them and has approved the overall appearance of my back. I am no longer afraid to wear backless dresses.

I use a exfoliating seaweed soap daily in the shower and then apply this cream generously straight after. For the price it works really well, as I said previously you can still see some acne pigmentation but only professional laser treatments or high strength peels can fade pigmentation at that severity. I have used everything from expensive 4% hydroquinone which was $50 a jar! Neither have not worked as well and were a waste of money.

The only thing I would recommend with this cream is do not wear nice tops after applying it as I noticed it has started to fade some of my pajama tops.

I hope this product is never discontinued.

on 6/12/2013 5:25:00 AM

I purchased this for my acne scars. i love popping the random zits i get and a few bad ones left disgusting dark brown almost purple spots. Have to say I was skeptical due to the price (drugstore brand) but seeing that nothing else really worked I gave it a shot and I am SO glad I did. I used the garnier dark spot peel and this moisturizer after washing my face twice a day and after one week saw results. I also exfoliated and my acne scars weren't too old. All within the year as I recently have started to break out more often. Any zits I popped (i know, i know, gross! but i cant help it) while using this regimen were strangely healed in like 3 days with no scarring whatsoever. ( probably all the vitamin c in the moisturizer) BOTTOM LINE: love!! Worked beautifully for me

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for about a month and it hasn't done anything for my hyperpigmentation. It did help fade some acne scars a little, but not enough to sell me on repurchasing. It smells nice, that's the main thing it has going for it.

Didn't help diminish my dark spots at all

on 4/22/2013 8:32:00 AM

I decided that I wasn't that impressed with this, but decided to use the whole tube up. It was as I got about 70% through it that I started to notice a difference. It has definitely reduced hyper pigmentation (along with using SPF) and does give my skin a more even tone and nice glow. It's good value for money and quite often on offer. I would recommend giving this a chance by allowing enough time for it to do its job. Reducing/fading dark spots usually takes time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Been using this for over a month and it did nothing for my dark spots. Don't waste your money.

After using this for a few weeks I have noticed that my skin feels much more smoother and hydrated and my makeup goes on very nicely without clumping up or causing any rough flaky patches. So far i have not noticed much of a difference in my dark spots fading but i will continue to use until i see some kind of an improvement. My dark spots are mostly from acne scars and a few sun spots. I am hoping that scars are not too deep and the treatment is able to reverse the signs of scarring. For an over the counter spot treatment i think this works very well but just may take additional time to heal and reverse signs of aging on the skin.

on 4/14/2013 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I liked this as I did notice a fading of my acne scars. It's a nice cheaper alternative to high end dark spot treatments. I got my first one for $17 at Priceline australia and 2nd one on sale for $10. I use this as a daily moisturiser after cleansing morning and night. Its a nice lightweight moisturiser and is absorbed into my skin pretty fast. It leaves a nice smoothness to my face and smells pretty good. Even if it didnt work as a dark spot corrector I would still buy this as I like it as a moisturiser. The reason I took one lipstick off is because it didnt magically remove all the discolouration from the acne scars which is a bit fussy but relevant. Overall really like this product.

on 3/25/2013 9:41:00 PM

For the first couple of weeks using this I was very impressed. My skin looked brighter and my dark spots seemed to fade a little (but not much though. I do still have 2 huge age spots on my forehead which are very noticeable). This product was like a gel-cream and sunk into my skin easily, and smelled really fresh. However, after a couple of weeks the effects seem to come to a stop, which was a disappointment. The packaging was messy too. The tube cracked and the product ended up oozing out, while around the cap the product wouldn't stop coming out and I had to quickly put the cap back on to stop further leakage. This left a lot of mess which had to be cleaned up each time I used it. Not a bad product, and I would be interested to see whether I would still get the brightening benefits again if I started using this after a break. Probably wouldn't purchase again though.

Popular Treatments (Face)