November 28, 2014 | 1593 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Dark Spot Treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I've been using this for about a month and it hasn't done anything for my hyperpigmentation. It did help fade some acne scars a little, but not enough to sell me on repurchasing. It smells nice, that's the main thing it has going for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by lolliepoppies

Didn't help diminish my dark spots at all

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by griffo74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided that I wasn't that impressed with this, but decided to use the whole tube up. It was as I got about 70% through it that I started to notice a difference. It has definitely reduced hyper pigmentation (along with using SPF) and does give my skin a more even tone and nice glow. It's good value for money and quite often on offer. I would recommend giving this a chance by allowing enough time for it to do its job. Reducing/fading dark spots usually takes time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

Been using this for over a month and it did nothing for my dark spots. Don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After using this for a few weeks I have noticed that my skin feels much more smoother and hydrated and my makeup goes on very nicely without clumping up or causing any rough flaky patches. So far i have not noticed much of a difference in my dark spots fading but i will continue to use until i see some kind of an improvement. My dark spots are mostly from acne scars and a few sun spots. I am hoping that scars are not too deep and the treatment is able to reverse the signs of scarring. For an over the counter spot treatment i think this works very well but just may take additional time to heal and reverse signs of aging on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Googobbs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this as I did notice a fading of my acne scars. It's a nice cheaper alternative to high end dark spot treatments. I got my first one for $17 at Priceline australia and 2nd one on sale for $10. I use this as a daily moisturiser after cleansing morning and night. Its a nice lightweight moisturiser and is absorbed into my skin pretty fast. It leaves a nice smoothness to my face and smells pretty good. Even if it didnt work as a dark spot corrector I would still buy this as I like it as a moisturiser. The reason I took one lipstick off is because it didnt magically remove all the discolouration from the acne scars which is a bit fussy but relevant. Overall really like this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

For the first couple of weeks using this I was very impressed. My skin looked brighter and my dark spots seemed to fade a little (but not much though. I do still have 2 huge age spots on my forehead which are very noticeable). This product was like a gel-cream and sunk into my skin easily, and smelled really fresh. However, after a couple of weeks the effects seem to come to a stop, which was a disappointment. The packaging was messy too. The tube cracked and the product ended up oozing out, while around the cap the product wouldn't stop coming out and I had to quickly put the cap back on to stop further leakage. This left a lot of mess which had to be cleaned up each time I used it. Not a bad product, and I would be interested to see whether I would still get the brightening benefits again if I started using this after a break. Probably wouldn't purchase again though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by calooza

I was very pleased to see this kind of treatment from a drugstore brand, and i really wanted to try it out the first time i saw it.

I have oily skin which is acne prone, for reference.

I have a few bad experiences with some products, so i always make sure they are oil free and non comedogenic, so it's less risky to get breakouts. And this product claimed that, so i thought it was secure to use it...

I have a few dark spots on my cheeks due to past breakouts, so i was looking for something to help with that.

I think the packaging is ok, it's a metalic tube and you have to squeeze the product.

It has a perfume smell and it's strong, but kind of pleasant. A few minutes after i apply it i had an oil film on my skin, so i only used it at night. Plus, when i tried to apply foundation over it, it made my skin feel tacky, even with powder on top, so i gave up using it during daytime.

I used it for over a month, maybe 6 weeks total, and i'm really ashamed of myself, just because i should have "listened" to my skin.

After the first week i started to breakout really bad, but i thought it was my skin adapting itself to the active ingredient, so i insisted. The breakouts were tooking a really long time to go away, but i insisted...

So, a few weeks later, i finally saw how far my skin went. It was looking really bad, not healthy looking at all, it was dull. And i had bumps under my skin all over my forehead, chin and around my mouth. My skin texture felt soooo rough, and my makeup looked horrible on, you could see the bumps everywhere. So i made my best decision and STOPPED USING IT! I wish i read the reviews here on MUA first :-(

So, it's been less that two weeks since i stopped using it, and OMG, my skin has recover so well!!! I came back to my clinique moisturising gel and my jojoba oil, and the texture and breakouts have improved a LOT! My skin feels really soft and it looks more radiant and healthy. The bumps are almost all gone by now...

So, i do not recommend this product at all, i don't wanna take that much of responsability.. I was left with even more dark spots (BIG dark spots) on my cheeks due to the breakouts this product gave me, so what's the point???

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lex16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was using kiehls vit c fader and now use this for the mornings - it's so cheap and the packaging craps all over kiehls; its in a great opaque, aluminium tube so keeps the active ingredient - vitamin c - active. I use this for over all brightness enhancing, it's smoothing, softening and gives good glow and sinks into your skin instantly, not greasy at all. I use it as a serum under my SPF 30 moisteriser after morning cleansing. I don't know if it fades freckles but it helps with fading my pimple scars post break out. Will purchase again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by jassimcmae

I found that this product is actually quite good! It hasn't caused me to break out, it's very refreshing and doesn't leave my face feeling oily. It's also really good to apply foundation straight after, as it allows it to glide on your face smoothly instead of having to pull at your skin too much to apply the foundation. I've been using this product for a week now and my complexion does look brighter and my spots have faded just slightly. This is a cheap product too and you get heaps of it !