October 2, 2014 | 1849 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

I came to write a glowing review about this mascara and am so surprised by all the negative reviews here! I am blessed with naturally long and curly lashes and over the years, have literally tried hundreds of mascaras in the search for 'the one'. Well - I am pretty sure I have found it in this one! I HATE clumpy mascaras...I like well defined, thick and full lashes! This delivers just the perfect amount of product onto my lashes. It holds my curl all day and I never experience any flaking or smudging. It makes my lashes look even longer than they are naturally and very voluminous. I have no complaints and have actually just purchased my second tube of it today as I've just finished my first one, (and I have honestly never liked a mascara enough to buy it twice).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

This did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. I don't recommend this at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was thoroughly disappointed with this mascara. I purchased it on sale with Maybelline's Rocket Express volume formula, because I am out of my Bare Minerals The Voluminzer mascara (which I adore, but have to mail-order). This mascara did absolutely nothing for me in the volume department. It has the traditional fiber-like mascara brush (which I typically like better than the new plastic ones), but it picked up and dispensed almost no product onto my lashes, even after several coats. My lashes ended up very "well defined", aka long and spindly. I wasn't looking for the long and spikey-defined look; I like thick, powerful lashes and this does not deliver. I'm a mascara junkie, and this rates down there with some of the pathetic CG formulas I remember using as a make-up inexperienced teenager.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Natalka1999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is my favourite from the drugstore so far. My eyelashes are very short, thin and I don't have very many. I purchased this product when it first came out and I love it! It is on the dry side but it's very build-able so I can go for the natural look or dramatic look. The mascara makes my eyelashes long and gives a bit of volume, but it does not hold curl so i find my eyelashes looking straight after a while. My favourite thing about this mascara is how easy it comes off, I can remove this mascara simply with a couple swipes of water. The brush is curved and is the plastic bristle one which I normally would never go for but I find the wand works great on my lashes coating every single one :) The packaging is also very cute and slim. One last thing is that it does smudge on me- but that is most likely because of my very oily skin. I would and will repurchase this product but this time in waterproof. Love this mascara!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by lashenova

I don't know why so many people gave negative reviews for this mascara. I personally found it to be great. My lashes are already decently long, have a natural curl, but they are not very thick. Since I am blonde my lashes are super blonde, and you can hardly see them without mascara. I love this mascara, it isn't clumpy, it makes my lashes super long and pretty. They fan out nicely and look amazing! It doesn't seem to clump and it doesn't irritate my eyes. I wasn't expecting a HUGE transformation. Mascara only enhances what you already have. If you don't have very long lashes it can only work with what you have....But that is why they make false lashes!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by TinaLeNguyen

This is an ALRIGHT mascara, its nothing special to be honest. It's quite clumpy, dry and I feel like it wares off throughout the day. For a girl who loves to curl her lashes this product is definitely not for me and it's terrible at holding a curl and is quite heavy.
Over all it's not worth what I payed for.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Mdens8312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara dried out super fast for me, the first week it worked well but then I started to hate this mascara. It weighed down my eyelashes and it's gross

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Jade_Tigress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara except for one thing. It clumps. I love the thin curved brush and the way my lashes fan out when using it. The only problem is the mascara ends up clumping heavily. I end up pinching clumps off with my fingertips and then applying more to fan the lashes out again. When I can get rid of the clumps it looks amazing and I have used several tubes of this. But I get tired of dealing with clumping when applying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sugaryspice82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this mascara to be disappointing. Gave no volume, only a bit of length, and it didnt really curl my lashes, just kinda put them to the side. I had to curl them with an eyelash curler. Since the name was "cat eyes", I expected it to give me very dramatic and full lashes, which it didn't. It only gave me spidery lashes. If you already have long thick lashes, then you might like this, but since my lashes are medium length and quite thin, this mascara didn't do much,the original colossal is much better. The packaging is cute though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become one of my favorite mascaras from Maybelline. (Sits alongside Falsies & Mega Plush) I hunted a long time for this and it's so difficult to find in the NYC area, but at last, I see what the hype was! The mascara's wand is curved, great for getting every last and you can use the tip of the want to add the extra "oomph" at the ends of your lashes. No effort needed!