Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

3.1

on 9/15/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara. I do however think the original colossal is better for every day use.

on 9/12/2014 4:30:00 PM

I am a die-hard fan of maybelline mascara because I feel like maybelline always, ALWAYS does it right as far as mascaras go.
While this mascara has only one tiny flaw, I still really enjoy it.
This mascara is amazinggggggg at seperating and lengthening lashes. it's not the best at volume, as it doesn't give a whole lot of volume, but it still makes your lashes look HUGE without being spidery or clumpy. it's very buildable and lasts all day - i usually put on around 2 coats - and it doesn't weigh my curl down!! and I have pretty average lashes.
the only bad thing I have to say about this mascara is sometimes it has the tendency to flake. it doesn't flake extremely horribly, so i'm willing to make that compromise.
I will definitely repurchase in the future & recommend this mascara to anyone who likes long, slightly dramatic, and separated lashes.

on 9/7/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like the brush of this mascara, with the way it's curled and angled, it's easy to reach every lash. HOWEVER, the formula of this product is awful.. clumps lashes together and rolls into little balls at the tips of lashes leaving flakes along the bottom of eyelids at the end of day.

on 8/24/2014 2:57:00 PM

Since I can't seem to find Voluminous anymore, I try a new mascara every time. All of these (Falsies, The Rocket, Cat Eyes, etc etc) are kind of the same, but they're decent. This is one I'd rather higher than both Falsies and The Rocket.

As for this one, I like the curvy brush -- its like having an eye lash curler and mascara in 1. It does give a "cat eye" effect, lifting and extending the outer lashes. Pretty. I like the color, and the consistency is fine. It will clump if you're a dumbass and put on too much. So don't. Do one coat, let it dry, then put on another -- focusing on the base of the lashes and zig-zagging to the tips -- this creates a full, voluminous look without getting clumpy.

I give it a 8/10!

I have semi-long lashes and this stuff makes them look all the more long and lovely. There isn't a lot of volume unless you add more coats, which then gives you the risk of clumps and tangles but this stuff is a great every day mascara.

on 8/8/2014 11:16:00 AM

I love this mascara- it's my all time favorite because of what it does for my lashes. because I prefer a more fake eyelash look compared to a natural look from mascara, I put this mascara on as an undercoat for another mascara (usually falsies). it gives so much volume and length it's great! I gave 4 stars for price because I didn't pay for it (I got it as a gift) so I guessed on the price because maybelline is usually less than $10. 4 stars for packaging because sometimes the rubber stopper inside the tube comes out and you have to get your hands covered in mascara gunk putting it back in- however, this doesn't happen a ton.

on 7/29/2014 11:29:00 PM

I had been considering buying this for a while and i finally did after several friends recommended it to me. I was wary of the word colossal at first picturing a huge clumpy brush but i was happy when i saw that the brush is thin and really easy to control. The shape of the brush makes it so effortless to cover all of your lashes quikly and last really well, I would definitely re-buy!

on 7/19/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this mascara as a free handout as part of street marketing and took awhile to open it. SO glad I finally did. I have long, fairly thick, but super blonde (aka invisible) lashes. This mascara gives me defined lashes (but not super defined like some mascaras where it looks like you've glued on individual eyelashes one at a time) and helps gently curl my lashes up and out when I wiggle the brush at the root and sweep up and out. I don't curl my eyelashes so I can't speak to its hold. I don't find it flakes (unless I sleep in it, whoops) and it comes off easily with my makeup remover.

on 7/18/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this mascara for $10 in Australia. I love this mascara. It doesn't have this dry flaky look, but this mascara looks so thick and natural. It holds my curl, the wand is perfect. I would recommend this mascara

on 7/14/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just purchased this mascara for the second time-- it's my favorite so far!! The first time I put it on I was shocked at how dramatically it darkened, lengthened and thickened my eyelashes... and the curl lasted throughout the entire day! I got asked if my lashes were fake once.. ;) It's better than the Falsies inmho... similar applicators, except the Cat Eyes hugs your lash line better, really grabbing the lashes and coating them with product (great for the bottom lashes as well!) The smell might get to some people, it has a chemical sort of smell that I didn't mind but it was a little strong at first.. no worries it goes away after a little time. I had to write this review because this is honestly such an under-rated mascara :D Love it, can't wait to start using it again.