Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Cherry Tart

4.5

on 8/12/2012 10:18:00 PM

I bought this a week ago. I usually wear coloured lip gloss or light natural lipstick colours but on a whim felt like getting something different, the sales lady offered me several really full on fire engine reds (she said suited my colouring she had a theory if you are fair or very dark you can wear a strong red) not being used to wearing red I shied away from those ones. I am so glad I chose this as its a lovely introduction to red lips and a very wearable colour that I think would also suit alot of people. You can apply just a little and it looks good also when more made up you can apply more. Wears reasonably well the shine part goes away after a couple of hours leaving look of a lip stain effect but that looks natural to me and is fine. Nice texture feels mosturising but not to heavy or sticky. Pretty certain I will purchase again $27 NZ

on 8/4/2012 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

One of my favorite lip butters! This color manages to show up red on my super-pigmented lips while managing to be easy enough to swipe on without a mirror without looking garish. Great everyday red. The glitter is a small drawback, but not enough for me to deduct a lippie. I like this red for when I want to do a little more with my eyes than mascara and liner, but still have red lips. It's also purse-worthy for a quick pick-me-up on otherwise makeup-less days. Cherry Tart works much better for me than Candy Apple because it is a berry red instead of a tomato red. I will wear this down to the nub and then buy another!

on 8/4/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really liked the color of this product. On my lips it didn't come out as an obvious red but rather as a pleasant stain that was not too over done. Even eventually after the product wore off it kind of stained my lips which comforted me into thinking that I probably bought a good product. The product was a little bit stickier than I would like from a balm, but I suppose that is because of the color that comes along with it. A very good product.

on 7/24/2012 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Skin: NC40 ~ Olive. Cherry Tart is such a wearable sheer red. I've tried NYC "Sheer Red" l/s but it was all wrong on me. I looked very washed out in that. Cherry Tart has a strong presence of pink in it which, for me, compliments my skin coloring. I do like the shimmer in Cherry Tart, it makes it a fun shade for the summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Felt moisturizing, which was a huge plus. It showed up as a deep red, however was more of a "raspberry" shade on my lips, rather than a "fire truck red".

on 7/8/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is just a lovely color. It's a sheer dark red color with a tiny hint of shimmer. It looks so good on lips and it's not too overwhelming. I love using this when I wanna wear red but I don't feel like wearing too much color at the same time. Packaging feels luxurious too and it's really cute.
The only thing I dislike is that there is not much amount of product and it's overpriced where I live. So i got this off ebay.

on 7/6/2012 12:01:00 PM

I would by this shade again, it's a lovely sheer red.. more of a creamy tint, I would recommend this to someone who wants a natural red rather than a BAM! red.. I love it, I use this whenever I need some colour, but not really going for any exact look,,

on 7/3/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

More like 3.5 stars but moving on... I do like this. Its a nice sheer red. It would be perfect for someone who wants to introduce some red into their makeup, but not be to bold or for very pale girls who don't want to overwhelm their coloring. I don't have these problems. I do ear this when I want a less bold red, and I like it. I just find these very overrated. I don't find that it really softens my lips, it more just sits on top. That being said it doesn't dry out my lips either, I don't need a balm underneath. I like the packaging, its very pretty, and I like how smooth it is, but none of the colors seem very unique so I probably won't repurchase.

on 6/23/2012 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Love it! Great sheer red. I use it with a lipliner for some longevity. Great red.

on 6/17/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I want to start by saying that I've been looking for a sheer red lipcolor for YEARS. Every one I would find would be too opaque, too dark, too sheer or if the shade was ok, it would wear off & leave a dreaded pink outline around my lips.
But these are EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Just the right amount of color and they leave a nice stain on the lips with no uneven wear lines.

I have this one & Candy Apple. I really like them both. Cherry Tart is more pink vs Candy Apple having a more orange tone. I find both very wearable & have worn each several times already.

Popular Lipsticks