November 28, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have four of these lippies in Cherry Tart, Lollipop, Macaroon and Sweet Tart. The Revlon lip butters are wonderful. It is not as moisturizing as a lip balm but it is sufficient to keep my dry lips moisturised. The colour pay off is wonderful. Certain colours have a lil bit of shimmer but not glittery on the lips. The staying power is okay but needs to be reapplied after a few hours which I do not mind at all. These lip butters do not run or bleed. With the prices, the quality of these are amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Nutellamonster

This is a horrible product. I have it In cupcake and it is so light that it makes my lips look dead. The color is VERY shimmery so that it looks like a little kids Claire's lipgloss. The lasting power is like 20 minutes. Do not buy!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I purchased Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter on a whim when I found a peachy-nude shade on clearance. The first problem I encountered pertained to packaging. I had to ask DH to open it the cap was that hard to remove. After a couple times it loosened up a bit to where I could remove the cap on my own but it remained the toughest I have ever come across. The second problem pertained to the color. What looked like a medium peach-apricot shade in the tube went on white and clumpy. That was the final straw. Even though it was only $2, I returned it.

My observation regarding moisturizing lipstick formulas and tinted balms is that when they are more oily in feel meaning lighter and less waxy than, say, Chapstick or CG Lipslicks what at first feels so deliciously moisturizing in reality may become drying because without the wax content the staying power is reduced. Whether it's a moisturizing lipstick formula or a flavored lip balm, every time an oil-rich, low-wax product slips off it's actually leaving the lips a bit dryer (not unlike how licking one's lips when they are dry only hastens the drying effect). Old School waxier lipsticks and balms, by contrast, create a protective barrier that seals in the body's own moisture, which is more effective in the long run.

In conclusion, I wish true-wear lipsticks and balms were more prevalent. Not only do they transfer less, wear longer and have a better shelf life than oil-rich products which also makes for a better value for the money the "heavier" formulas paradoxically do a better job protecting the lips from the elements. In short, while I love the way lipstick-balm crossover products by Revlon and others feel when they first go on and I remain a sucker for flavored balms even without effective moisturizers I am not a fan of how much shelf space drugstore cosmetic brands have devoted to crossover lip products. IMHO, these lip butters represent the worst of both worlds in that they are not adequate replacements for ordinary products like Chapstick, on the one hand, nor are they genuine lipstick substitutes on the other hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with these lip butters! They have so many shades available, and they all provide a great wash of colour for your lips. Some are more pigmented than others, but none of them are a waste of money. They are hydrating, easy to use and wear, and very affordable! I love them so much!

Here is a video on my youtube channel with swatches of all the ones I have if you want to see them in action!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by vanillablue

I bought this in Sugar Plum. Very nice color, feels great on the lips. It reminds me of Clinique's Almost Lipsticks but it has better coverage. Not quite a lipstick but not a tinted balm either. Comes off very easily so expect to reapply a lot. Will be buying again but not sure if I will get any other colors. I was not really impressed with the rest of the color selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ashjamesgav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These lip butters are a great alternative for lipstick on days where you want a little pop of color on the go. The lighter colors like Juicy Papaya barely show up on me, same for the light pinks. The darker shades are much more pigmented like Candy Apple (a sheer orangey red) and Raspberry Pie (a bright link with a touch of purple). They don't have long staying power which is the main drawback. You have to reapply after eating or every couple of hours. It also looks like it would melt easily. I do like these hence the four lippies, I just wish they'd stay on longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I may be a makeup junkie, but I'm also a busy highschool student who's go-to makeup look is natural. I wanna roll out of bed in the morning, get dressed, do my hair, and apply a light and barely-there face that will look fresh all day. Because of this, I'm not a lipstick girl during the week. Lip glosses and lipsticks are too fussy and always need an extra lip balm underneath them, and need to be reapplied constantly, not worth the hassle unless it's the weekend. So when I saw these Revlon lip butters, I jumped on the bandwagon. Let me say, HG.
I only own two colors - Cupcake (a sheer baby pink) and Creme Brle (a brown-pink nude with a little shimmer) but I'm in love and I'll buy more colors in the future. These lip butters are so creamy and hydrating, they are all my lips need for an instant pick me up (no lip balm underneath required.) Cupcake is a stunning and highly pigmented pastel pink, and Creme Brle is a gorgeous nude with a glossy sheen. I'm in love with these lipstick/lipgloss/lip balm hybrids. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lip Butter, where have you been all my life?! These feel so creamy and velvety on! London Drugs was having a 40% off sale on Revlon lip products, so I grabbed Strawberry Shortcake. While it wasn't the *best* colour for me (too blue of an undertone), I was in love and promptly went back for 7 more shades. Juicy Papaya is my absolute fave. These go way beyond a tinted balm, but not quite into lipstick territory. Great colour payoff, but still a tad sheer which makes them all very wearable. I can even get away with Strawberry Shortcake, even though I have yellow/olive undertones. Other shades I have are Candy Apple (gorgeous red for those with yellow/olive tones), Red Velvet, Tutti Frutti, Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Strawberry Shortcake, Juicy Papaya, and Wild Watermelon and I LOVE THEM ALL!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

The fact that this is supposed to be a lip butter is a joke. I exfoliated my lips and put this on and this literally made my lips chapped after two hours of wearing it. It was so drying on my lips and idk what happened but when I would swipe it on my lips there was little hard gritty pieces on my lips. I wore this twice and threw it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

not a big fan of sheer, balm-like lipsticks.