October 22, 2014 | 994 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ashjamesgav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These lip butters are a great alternative for lipstick on days where you want a little pop of color on the go. The lighter colors like Juicy Papaya barely show up on me, same for the light pinks. The darker shades are much more pigmented like Candy Apple (a sheer orangey red) and Raspberry Pie (a bright link with a touch of purple). They don't have long staying power which is the main drawback. You have to reapply after eating or every couple of hours. It also looks like it would melt easily. I do like these hence the four lippies, I just wish they'd stay on longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I may be a makeup junkie, but I'm also a busy highschool student who's go-to makeup look is natural. I wanna roll out of bed in the morning, get dressed, do my hair, and apply a light and barely-there face that will look fresh all day. Because of this, I'm not a lipstick girl during the week. Lip glosses and lipsticks are too fussy and always need an extra lip balm underneath them, and need to be reapplied constantly, not worth the hassle unless it's the weekend. So when I saw these Revlon lip butters, I jumped on the bandwagon. Let me say, HG.
I only own two colors - Cupcake (a sheer baby pink) and Creme Brle (a brown-pink nude with a little shimmer) but I'm in love and I'll buy more colors in the future. These lip butters are so creamy and hydrating, they are all my lips need for an instant pick me up (no lip balm underneath required.) Cupcake is a stunning and highly pigmented pastel pink, and Creme Brle is a gorgeous nude with a glossy sheen. I'm in love with these lipstick/lipgloss/lip balm hybrids. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lip Butter, where have you been all my life?! These feel so creamy and velvety on! London Drugs was having a 40% off sale on Revlon lip products, so I grabbed Strawberry Shortcake. While it wasn't the *best* colour for me (too blue of an undertone), I was in love and promptly went back for 7 more shades. Juicy Papaya is my absolute fave. These go way beyond a tinted balm, but not quite into lipstick territory. Great colour payoff, but still a tad sheer which makes them all very wearable. I can even get away with Strawberry Shortcake, even though I have yellow/olive undertones. Other shades I have are Candy Apple (gorgeous red for those with yellow/olive tones), Red Velvet, Tutti Frutti, Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Strawberry Shortcake, Juicy Papaya, and Wild Watermelon and I LOVE THEM ALL!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

The fact that this is supposed to be a lip butter is a joke. I exfoliated my lips and put this on and this literally made my lips chapped after two hours of wearing it. It was so drying on my lips and idk what happened but when I would swipe it on my lips there was little hard gritty pieces on my lips. I wore this twice and threw it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

not a big fan of sheer, balm-like lipsticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Like one color; Pink Truffle. Also had a red and a pink. Pink was a fail immediately because it was so full of glitter that I returned it. The red; I think cherry Tart; was a beautiful color. However, though the formula was comfortable on my lips, it also migrated all over and around my mouth. It had no staying power and looked like I'd just had a red popsicle smashed in my face. Pink truffle is thicker so it stays put, and has no glitter or shimmer. I won't buy more. One plus of the packaging is that the top of the lid is clear so you can preview the product before you buy. Based on the ones I've sampled and seen, these are definitely more for tweens with lots of shimmer and glitter. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but I'm still seeking the drugstore version of the Korres Lip Butters. Sheer, yet pigmented; and NO GLITTER!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Breaks way to easily

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have individual reviews for the certain favorite shades(discontinued ofcourse)but I have to rave for all of the shades, I also have peach parfait and its a beautiful shade also but I find it has a bit of a different texture(a little gritty, not that bad). I love how these feel on the lips and Im the kind of woman that loves moisturizing lippies that are more balms than lipsticks. These are pretty cheap and readily available. I want to try them all but I think I prefer the cream shades a bit more due to them being more creamy than the shimmery ones. But all in all I LOVE these and I pray Revlon keeps these in their regular line.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jaaaals

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. They provide a nice color pay-off and they're fairly moisturizing. But daaaaaaamn do these break and melt so fast and easily!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Megzimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I wasn't such a huge fan, I got one that contained shimmer and it felt slightly grittily and I wasn't a huge fan of the colour I purchased. I decided to give it another try because of all the positive feedback it was getting. I picked up the colour strawberry shortcake and I fell in love with it. They feel moisturizing and have great colour payoff and a pretty sheen. I love these for everyday use, and the shade I got just brightens up your face and looks beautiful. The only things I was not so happy with was the grittiness of the ones with shimmer but it may not bug everyone and it is a very soft product so it does kindof get all over the edges if the package when you unscrew it but other then that I love these!