John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

3.4

on 2/25/2010 9:56:00 AM

I honestly haven't seen a difference in my hair color. But, funny enough, my dad was the first person to say, "wow, your hair looks lighter!" So, while the difference isn't dramatic, I guess it actually does work enough for even a guy to notice.

I just like this shampoo. I think the scent is very pleasant and sweet, and doesn't linger too long after showering. My hair feels softer, even in this dry winter weather.

I would buy this again if I found another 2 for 1 deal.

This is my HG shampoo! It brightens my natural highlights, leaves a soft silky feeling, and cleans well. I have been using it for probably 1 1/2 to 2 years. My hair is a bit dull when I'm not using this. I don't even know what to say, its just soo great! I have natural blonde hair, never have highlighted or dyed it or any chemical treatements. I use the darker shades version. The sauve blonde shampoo/conditioner is a pretty good cheap dupe for this but I do see a slight difference in the two. Leaves a light scent too!

on 1/13/2010 2:41:00 PM

I keep coming back to this shampoo, it smells pleasant, cleans my hair thoroughly without drying it out, doesn't make it frizzy, flyaway or static, gives a good shine and lightens my naturally blonde hair. I use it with the matching conditioner.
It's a good price, you need to use very little for it to lather up well and so it lasts a long time and I'm happy with it in almost every way. The only thing that i find is that it will start to make my hair more yellow or brassy looking unless it's the summer time and I'm out in the natural sunlight, or if I use one of the lilac/purple conditioners that combat brassiness - that is just my hair colour though, for those who don't have naturally yellow tones to their hair there probably won't be a problem.
Currently my favourite shampoo for blondes, I'm working my way through other brands!!

on 11/21/2009 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this shampoo with the matching conditioner once a week for my hair which is naturally reddish-bronzey-blonde but now has an auburn rinse on it. For me the product tones down brassiness and tends to even out all the various shades in my hair, perhaps highlighting the lighter ones. For the price of this shampoo, it's worth it. My hair is washed but not stripped of oils and it just feels good afterward.

This bottle is my 2nd or 3rd purchase and, yes, I will repurchase again. It is one of the few d/s shampoos which I faithfully use.

on 11/15/2009 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hated this shampoo. I had been using another Sheer Blonde s&c and after I ran out I picked this up at Big Lots. I figured there couldn't be much of a difference but wow was I wrong. This stuff is horrible! It smells funny, doesn't lather well, and left my hair feeling stringy and dry. Even using my Biolage Conditioning Balm didn't make my hair feel much better. I noticed no significant difference in the color/shades of my hair, either. This is yet another product of John Frieda's that I hated. I don't know why I try.

My hair tends to get greasy if I don't wash it every day, but I do use conditioner always and a mask once a week, it's a must for me.
I always feel like my hair is brighter when I use this shampoo, my hair is a light honey-golden color because I went swimming every day this summer, and salt-water didn't dry it out as much as people said it would.. Anyways, I haven't been to the hair dresser in over half a year and my hair still looks great!

on 10/16/2009 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a good every day shampoo which doesn't dry out my bleached hair. I have platinum hair and need to use a shampoo for blondes so that my color doesn't dull with time. I've been using this for about 2 months and so far my hair is as white as the day I bleached it.

on 9/29/2009 4:23:00 PM

This does not dry out my fine, dry hair. It has a pleasant scent that does not linger. Adds subtle highlights to my hair. Not sure if I would repurchase I am always trying new products.

I love this shampoo. I have been using this particular one for a while now and have switched over from a bed head one. As i have curly blonde hair i found that this one along with the corresponding conditioner has made my hair a lot softer and a lot easier to manage after washing. I love it. x

I love all the Sheer Blonde Shampoos and Conditioners! I use the Platinum tone. I can't say that this particular one actually highlights, but it is rich, lathery, gentle, and moisturizing to my over-processed hair. I had switched from B&B and am very happy! It is pricier as far as drugstore products, but I always stock up on the BOGO. I will be buying again!

Top Rated John Frieda Products