April 24, 2014 | 1466 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst mascara I've tried. Flakey, clumpy, and nasty. That's about all I can say about it and save your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Love love love this mascara. It lengthens nicely and does a great job with seperating. I find the price is high for a drugstore product but was lucky and got on sale for $7 at shoppers drugmart. I find the packaging is a little tacky looking though. But no biggy

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetchocolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the worst mascara I've ever used. I bought it because I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to the other fiber mascaras sold at Sephora. The brush is extremely awkward and makes it difficult to apply. The formula does nothing for my lashes except clump them up. The mascara smudges way too much and I look like a panda within hours of applying. I regret buying this mascara and should've just spent the extra money to buy the other fiber mascaras out there. I will never ever buy this mascara again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It's thickening and somewhat lengthening.

CONS: Horribly awkward to use brush. Cannot tell you how much I hate the brush. Goopy formula. Huge tube that is very awkward to store in purse, etc.

ALTERNATES: The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof) or The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof version) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, Covergirl Professional Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof, OR Milani's Runway Lashes is gorgeous (I cover it with Clarin's Double Fix to waterproof the Milani.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by differentnailseveryday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have SHORT lashes-but tons of them, so I am always look for lengthening mascaras. This one has worked well for me-but not for all-day use. I have tried the waterproof one and regular, and while the waterproof lasts a little longer, it's still not an 8-hour work day mascara for me. But for a night out for a few hours? WOW. It gives me tons of length and never gives me raccoon eyes (although I don't have dry skin-so oily skin might change this). Overall I love it for a LE night-out or special occasion mascara, and I will repurchase.

The packaging LOOKS cool, but the handle makes it kinda strange to apply. Just mentioning because I have read that other people thought the same thing.

Definitely worth a try for under 10 bucks!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by caouette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought because I love the original Voluminous, but this was super disappointing. Didn't work. Ran out very quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This mascara did not work for me. When I first put it on, it does not give me much volume or length. Does not hold a curl either. I feel like it makes my lashes feel dry and brittle. And worst offense, it flakes on my under eyes during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by reesie1228

I love this mascara! volumizes, lengthens, builds, holds curl. Does not flake! Works better for me than any of the Lash Blast's, Collosals, DiorShows, or XXL's.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a bad mascara, but there's no way it gives anything remotely like false eyelashes. There are plenty better volumizing mascaras out at the drugstore level.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by RedandCurly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail mascara.

I enjoy dramatic lashes, as I feel totally naked without mascara. Therefore, I am pretty picky over mascaras.
This:
1. Lengthens and thickens them as if I have false lashes on.
2. Builds extremely well. No clumps.
3. Does not smudge or flake
4. Very dark black
5. Does not make my eyelashes feel dry, hard, or crunchy

I cannot say enough good things about this mascara! I highly suggest picking it up if you are a lover of thick eyelashes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No