October 25, 2014 | 829 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lislee

Horrible fiber mascara! It's extremely clumpy. I love Japanese fiber mascaras so I thought I'd try this out- but this one does not compare. Packaging looks nice, but once you open the package, it feels cheap. The wand feels cheap as well. Can't wait to use this all up- not repurchasing ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is actually pretty nice. My sister bought it for me as a present and I like it a lot. The formula is more on the thick side and the brush has tons of bristles. The fibers have never fallen on my face too. It separates really well. But doesn't give much volume, just a little, and it does lengthen a little but not much. Also it make my lashes look more full which is a good thing. So basically what it does best is separates and thickens lashes. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I guess it goes to show that everyone finds different things to like in a product and to dislike in a product. I've only been using this for a week so far, but I'm really impressed. I have blond lashes that aren't particularly long or thick, and usually I really like Maybelline Full and Soft for a nice natural look. This could be my new HG for more dramatic lashes. I don't have a problem with clumping or flakes and many eye product leave me wiith dark under eyes at the end of the day. This one does not. When I look at my makeup after work, there's the usual foundation worn off, but my lashes were still dark and my undereyes were darker only because of the concealer wearing off, not because of flakes of mascara under my eyes. Woot!

It's not the easiest to remove mascara I've used, but it doesn't require scrubbing to come off, it just didn't come off with the initial wash, I needed to use my washcloth on my eyes. I like the original Voluminous too since its another one that rarely flakes on me, but I think this one is a more intense effect so will replace it. I also like the shiny tube and brush. It's strange, but this is one of the few makeup products I don't have any complaints about.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst mascara I've tried. Flakey, clumpy, and nasty. That's about all I can say about it and save your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Love love love this mascara. It lengthens nicely and does a great job with seperating. I find the price is high for a drugstore product but was lucky and got on sale for $7 at shoppers drugmart. I find the packaging is a little tacky looking though. But no biggy

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetchocolate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the worst mascara I've ever used. I bought it because I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to the other fiber mascaras sold at Sephora. The brush is extremely awkward and makes it difficult to apply. The formula does nothing for my lashes except clump them up. The mascara smudges way too much and I look like a panda within hours of applying. I regret buying this mascara and should've just spent the extra money to buy the other fiber mascaras out there. I will never ever buy this mascara again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: It's thickening and somewhat lengthening.

CONS: Horribly awkward to use brush. Cannot tell you how much I hate the brush. Goopy formula. Huge tube that is very awkward to store in purse, etc.

ALTERNATES: The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof) or The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof version) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, Covergirl Professional Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof, OR The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by differentnailseveryday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have SHORT lashes-but tons of them, so I am always look for lengthening mascaras. This one has worked well for me-but not for all-day use. I have tried the waterproof one and regular, and while the waterproof lasts a little longer, it's still not an 8-hour work day mascara for me. But for a night out for a few hours? WOW. It gives me tons of length and never gives me raccoon eyes (although I don't have dry skin-so oily skin might change this). Overall I love it for a LE night-out or special occasion mascara, and I will repurchase.

The packaging LOOKS cool, but the handle makes it kinda strange to apply. Just mentioning because I have read that other people thought the same thing.

Definitely worth a try for under 10 bucks!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by caouette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought because I love the original Voluminous, but this was super disappointing. Didn't work. Ran out very quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This mascara did not work for me. When I first put it on, it does not give me much volume or length. Does not hold a curl either. I feel like it makes my lashes feel dry and brittle. And worst offense, it flakes on my under eyes during the day.