Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 11/11/2014 1:52:00 AM

Bb cream review
Overall I think this bb cream is alright, better than most but still not PERFECT.
It was great when I first began using it, however after around two weeks of using it, the formula appears extremely oily on the skin. This product is LIGHT/medium coverage and doesn't cover blemishes. You cannot build up on it.

PROS: light weight and provides even coverage.
-light, natural fruity smell, not too strong and doesn't smell like chemicals.

CONS:
-unlike the other non oil bb cream from garnier, this product doesn't contain SPF, which means you need additional protection from the sun
-it's not buildable, so you will only have a thin layer of bb cream on, it create a natural look however
-doesn't provide enough coverage to cover a blemish
-becomes oily and it is necessary to use a powder over the top of the cream to create the matte look

Overall 3/5 I believe this is good for every day use to look natural. However, it does become oily.

When this tube runs out I will buy the other garnier bb cream non-oily formula.

on 11/2/2014 9:50:00 PM

Stung my face as I applied. Very light coverage but nice finish and buildable. Thought I'd give it a chance but my eyes continued to water. The skin around my eyes continued to sting. Had to wash my whole face just to stop the stinging. Took back to Ulta. Must be the sun screen in the product. I'll just use my zinc oxide based sunscreen under my makeup and forget this product.

on 11/2/2014 12:02:00 AM

A few of my friends suggested this BB cream to me. First impression was the packaging, the product leaks out sooo much!! I didn't even squeeze the bottle and a lot came out and got everywhere. I used this product everyday and I had to be the most delicate of taking some product out. I also didn't like that it took forever to set into my skin. even after an hour i would gently swipe my finger on the cheek and I would still see the cream residue on the my finger., that is even with setting powder. I guess so far that i liked about this bb cream is the coverage. It gave me sheer to medium coverage which I liked. and it also has an SPF which is a plus.

on 11/1/2014 5:13:00 AM

I must say, I am impressed with this product. Having relatively good skin I don't usually wear BB cream or foundation in general; usually just concealer or powder. I had to attend an event and needed to dress formally, so I used this to amp up my skin game. I applied this product in junction with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer and the Savvy Pressed Powder *cough cough cheapo cough cough* and this lasted for about 4-5 hours which is how long I was out. The formula is very lightweight yet it provides medium-heavy coverage, I used a pea sized amount which was able to help out my dark circles and forehead breakout. The packaging is a bit bland and I would have preferred a pump applicator but that doesn't affect the product itself. I would definitely buy this again.

I love this stuff! My skin is super dry, I have large pores, and I break out due to aforementioned dryness. This product doesn't give a ton of coverage, but it is quite buildable - I just apply it with a dry beauty blender so as not to dilute it and I'm actually able to get a good medium amount of all-over concealing! It still doesn't do tooo much for dark scars, but this is what I wear if I want to feel put-together when bumming around the house or running to the market. Enough to tone down glaring blemishes etcetera! I have repurchased it multiple times over the last few years, and although I seem to use quite a bit, it lasts me months and months. Also, I set it with pretty much whatever powder I like at the moment...it can be greasy at first, so I let it settle in for a few minutes and then use a rocking motion to apply powder all over with a puff - at which point my large pores are greeeatly diminished and I don't feel greasy or cakey at all. Plus, the moisture factor in this product keeps my skin from freaking out and getting shiny later in the day...just a nice dewiness. I also feel that when I wear this a lot my overall tone improves - maybe it's partly the fact that it lets my skin 'breathe' a little and I'm breaking out less.

on 9/9/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I first bought this BB Cream during the wintertime in the shade Fair/Light. I have combination skin, but in the wintertime my skin is quite dry. The consistency is quite thick & creamy, very nice for dry skin. Coverage is light/medium, it wasn't enough to cover my acne scarring or current breakouts. It did however even-out my skintone & could probably cover light acne scars as well. To have more coverage, I applied this with a duo-fiber makeup brush. It leaves me with a soft, dewy look to my face. It didn't wear that well though, throughout the day it would turn a different orange-y shade and wear off in some places.
I could not wear this in the summertime, as the summers in Georgia are quite humid. I was not upset with this product, but not impressed either. For $15 I think I could find something better, or pay $5 or $10 more for something nicer. I haven't tried any of the Asian BB Creams, which might be my next adventure!

on 8/31/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like to use this in winter when my skin is feeling drier as it gives a good level of moisture. The coverage is not bad if I just want to even out the complexion and it leaves a dewy finish. It's less pigmented than the one for combination/oily skin.

The formula is thick and creamy, I just need to use a pea-sized amount and use my fingers to warm it up and blend it into my skin. Personally I find it a bit too oily after a while (for my combo skin) but it's fine if I set it with powder or use blotting sheets.

I have repurchased this before but will not repurchase again only because the combo/oily version works better for me right now.

on 8/26/2014 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I actually have this in Fair/Light and I like it quite a bit. I only use a pea-size amount, and even that spreads out so thinly that it sometimes seems like too much. The tube is 75 mL, so I imagine that I will move on to another product well before I run out,

There is a decent level of sunscreen in it, but I am not sure I'm using enough to get the full benefit. I think the moisture is fine as well, but I often use a treatment-sunscreen-moisturizer underneath, so I'm not relying on it as a moisturizer. There's not much pigment or coverage at all. I think if you're looking for that, you need a real foundation.

I like the way it feels, and I like the way it smells. I use a powder on top to cover the shine and give me more pigment/coverage (currently, E.L.F. Mineral Booster in Sheer).

on 8/18/2014 6:12:00 PM

waay too pink, horrible.

on 8/18/2014 3:49:00 PM

I just started school, and I don't feel like putting on layers of foundations, primers, concealers, powders etc.. So I bought this BB cream. I have oily skin in my T-sone so I need to set this with a loose powder tough...(they don't have the oily skin version where I live) but I do like it a lot! You can build the coverage if you want to and the colors are nice. I use the medium one, and it somehow fits my yellow skin, but I wish there were more colors to choose from.

Overall I like this bb cream, minus for the poor color selection. I do not know if this will break me out or if it's worth 5 lippies, but I will edit if anything happens!

Edit: I strongly regret buying this.
Made my skin super duper oily, and after a while the color gets pink and dark. VERY DARK. Will not buy again.