January 27, 2015 | 1010 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ellecarys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on the search for a perfect musk scent. I love Skin Musk but I was looking for something a little more sophisticated. I love NR for her and heard that the Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess is comparable to BR Musc oil. I sure hope not.

I blindly ordered this from the AB website after reading so many positive reviews. I was at my local Central Market today and dabbed a bit on my wrist to sample the scent. It was OK at first. Very powdery and synthetic, but your typical egyptian musk scent. I continously sniffed my wrist during the shopping trip and the scent became more acrid and metallic as time went by. I arrived home and my 6 year old daughter said 'You smell just like grandma!" and my husband thought it smelled cheap and powdery. It's very unpleasant. Maybe the sample was rancid, but everytime I sniff my wrist I get a sharp and pungent odor that reminds me of burning tires and spoiled fruit. Not a HG for me. I hope I can cancel my order in time!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Bassmastadroog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Because I am an oil frag fan and because I read reviews manically before I purchase things I do not have tester access to, I was pretty sure I couldn't go wrong with Egyptian Goddess. My skin is able to hold and react lovely to fragrances in general very well, so I really had no qualms about purchasing before testing after the reviews. First of all, the packaging is handy, holds enough oil to last you (I put two large stripes down one arm, and swipes on each side of my neck) for a while, as 1/3 of an ounce is surprisingly much for a roll-on bottle. It allows for no wasting of the product. Also, oil roll-ons tend to be MUCH easier on the sinuses than spray, and is more convenient to freshen up with when you aren't at home.
To the scent: When I wear fragrances, I like to be able to smell them when I move, all day long getting tiny whiffs. Not have them overpower my senses throughout the day like I literally sprayed them above my lip. Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess does EXACTLY what I want. It almost feels magical; when you are least expecting it, you will smell it. Its actually a scent I have trouble smelling when I want to, as I don't really sense much when I smell where I rubbed it. Having said that, for those who like strong smells, this does mean that it is a rather weak one in comparison to most I have tried. As for the scent itself, it is very ethereal. To me it smells like light orient incense, floral notes slightly powdered, and a cool white moon on a fresh rainy morning. It really can be that poetic! It is a strangely attractive scent and is easily able to make the wearer feel comfortable and in tune with it, rather than having to live up to its stench. This is definitely a natural scent that smells like it belongs on the skin, just barely hovering above it. A whisper scent.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by vim876

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells spicy and feminine, but not at all overpowering. Subtly sexy. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by jesshunter

I absolutely love this...and it works very well with my body chemistry. I ordered the samples direct from the company, as no retailers here in my area sell it. I also ordered some other sampler packs they offer to try their other scents. I already ordered the large bottle and can't wait for that to come in! My new perfume staple, and overall inexpensive. The large bottle direct from Auric Blends is only $24.99. A steal! A very seductive but low-key feminine musk. I can definitely wear this to work and for an evening out.
* Just received my large 2 oz bottle in the mail.....my new signature scent :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

Started out nice, smelled just like most of the other reviewers have described. Unfortunatly, my chemistry does not work perfectly with it. After a while it began to smell like a had attended a campfire and then spent hours making cotton candy. All in all, it was not unpleasent just a bit flat and boring. Im sure with the right chemistry EG could have much more depth and intrest.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Marcelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very natural, slightly sexy, skin scent. I find Jovan to synthetic smelling, Alyssa Ashley overpowering, with a powdery old lady smell, Skin was just blech. Egyptian goddess is subtly sexy, feminine, but, not powdery. I have gotten numerous compliments from both men and women-always someone standing very close (in an elevator or over my shoulder at a computer, etc). thankfully this is not a perfume that precedes you or lingers after you are gone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by april4

Based on the reviews here and my obsession with finding another perfume, I went to Whole Foods and bought the roller ball version of this. I was debating between this scent and Love and this won out. I think it was around $8. The smell is a semi-sweet musk. I really didnt think it was a noticeable scent but I did get some compliments. It is not your typical scent - so if you want to try something different and not smell like sugar candy and flowers - this is a good one to try. I don't know if I would purchase again but its something I will continue to wear in rotation with my other perfumes. Like the other reviewer - I keep mine in my handbag - its small and easy to roll on!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a rollerball of this in my purse at all times, for the days I don't feel like wearing "serious perfume." The thick, viscous oil does stain-- I apply a lot of it because this scent is hard to overdo bur can be impossible to detect unless you put a nice even layer of it all over the neck and decolletage and then rub it in.

I only gave this a three because it tends to take on a smoky, campfire-y scent on me that overpowers the lovely soft musk. My husband once told me I smelled like bacon! I happen to love the scent of campfires and new wood, but I am a little disappointed that the very pretty floral notes in EG disappear so quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the scent I pretty much wore exclusively my first five post-college years, right when I was trying to find a career, and forge my place in the "real world." It's probably the most intoxicating thing I've ever smelled, despite having smelled over a hundred different fragrances, from drugstore to niche. It is so smooth and rich--subtantial while at the same time having a very light sillage that only my closest friends noticed. It smells nothing like food, flowers, a skin scent, spice, aldehydes, or any kind of fragrance category--it's not easily defined. I felt like it was very "me" in terms of personality as well: soft-spoken yet distinctive, inviting yet reserved, modest yet sensual, feminine yet not girlie, and mysterious without being pretentious. When I wore it, people would always tell me how nice my "shampoo" smelled, or they'd think it was just how I smelled without any perfume on at all. But all good things come to an end, and around 2008 I started smelling Egyptian Musk and Egyptian Goddess nearly every place I went, wherever I worked. People then started to notice I was wearing something, because they smelled it on other people, and the scent was no longer something that reminded them of me. And now, in present day, I am a total perfume addict, still looking for that "me" smell, but hopefully one that stays pretty obscure.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

oh well the great egyptian musk hunt continues. i find this more fruity than musky. i found it spicey and fruity on first application. then it dries down to a fruity slightly egyptian musk scent. that clean laundry scent im looking for. but as i say slightly egyptian musk. i can see the appeal of this. its a pleasant fragrance but not what im looking for.