April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by april4

Based on the reviews here and my obsession with finding another perfume, I went to Whole Foods and bought the roller ball version of this. I was debating between this scent and Love and this won out. I think it was around $8. The smell is a semi-sweet musk. I really didnt think it was a noticeable scent but I did get some compliments. It is not your typical scent - so if you want to try something different and not smell like sugar candy and flowers - this is a good one to try. I don't know if I would purchase again but its something I will continue to wear in rotation with my other perfumes. Like the other reviewer - I keep mine in my handbag - its small and easy to roll on!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a rollerball of this in my purse at all times, for the days I don't feel like wearing "serious perfume." The thick, viscous oil does stain-- I apply a lot of it because this scent is hard to overdo bur can be impossible to detect unless you put a nice even layer of it all over the neck and decolletage and then rub it in.

I only gave this a three because it tends to take on a smoky, campfire-y scent on me that overpowers the lovely soft musk. My husband once told me I smelled like bacon! I happen to love the scent of campfires and new wood, but I am a little disappointed that the very pretty floral notes in EG disappear so quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the scent I pretty much wore exclusively my first five post-college years, right when I was trying to find a career, and forge my place in the "real world." It's probably the most intoxicating thing I've ever smelled, despite having smelled over a hundred different fragrances, from drugstore to niche. It is so smooth and rich--subtantial while at the same time having a very light sillage that only my closest friends noticed. It smells nothing like food, flowers, a skin scent, spice, aldehydes, or any kind of fragrance category--it's not easily defined. I felt like it was very "me" in terms of personality as well: soft-spoken yet distinctive, inviting yet reserved, modest yet sensual, feminine yet not girlie, and mysterious without being pretentious. When I wore it, people would always tell me how nice my "shampoo" smelled, or they'd think it was just how I smelled without any perfume on at all. But all good things come to an end, and around 2008 I started smelling Egyptian Musk and Egyptian Goddess nearly every place I went, wherever I worked. People then started to notice I was wearing something, because they smelled it on other people, and the scent was no longer something that reminded them of me. And now, in present day, I am a total perfume addict, still looking for that "me" smell, but hopefully one that stays pretty obscure.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Daisy100

oh well the great egyptian musk hunt continues. i find this more fruity than musky. i found it spicey and fruity on first application. then it dries down to a fruity slightly egyptian musk scent. that clean laundry scent im looking for. but as i say slightly egyptian musk. i can see the appeal of this. its a pleasant fragrance but not what im looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kdm1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fragrance for people that don't like to wear fragrance.
It is a skin scent, definitely.
I will agree with other reviewers that this scent is cozy. Not a knock 'em dead power scent, not a romance scent (though I know some would disagree.) It is cozy. I would repurchase because it is so inexpensive but it is very light.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

sweet, soft, fresh, and sexy. i use the oil roller and it melts right into your own body scent. it's the kind of fragrance that when someone gets near you they smell but it doesn't trail behind you. very alluring. i've recieved compliments. what is great is that it is so inexpensive and fairly accessible (i used to get it at the drugstore). what a gem!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by lunalilym

I bought this at a local store and I could barely smell it. Everyone else I talked to said the same :( it was the rollerball one that everyone said they loved so I'm pretty bummed, I did like sandalwood vanilla though I might exchange them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jellokatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i absolutely ADORE this scent. most perfumes make me sneeze or give me a headache, and i'm not a huge fan of most women's perfumes in general. i never really analyzed the scent all that much, so to see that people are describing it as "clean," floral," and "musky" is a complete shock to me. i suppose they're right, but those are all the types of scents i usually hate.

i tend to stick to "woodsy," "earthy," and "spicy" scents typically, but i really love this one. i've gotten so many compliments on this from both friends and random strangers. i guess this one must go well with my body chemistry because i've never had anyone complain (and trust me, my friends WOULD and HAVE complained about perfumes they don't like.) the only time i ever noticed that strange synthetic smell some people were talking about is when i bought a couple of the large bottles years ago and kept it in an overly-warm room for far too long. stick with the small roll-on bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupartist77

Oh sweet this scent is, I have been using it for years. The smell lasts well through the day. So important people ALWAYS comment how nice I smell, or yummm what is that smell. You can't go wrong with the price, and this company's roller balls usually last at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My cozy-comfort scent. Wonderfully soft, delicate, and natural. I love wearing it to bed; it helps me fall asleep. Sometimes simple is the best of all.