October 26, 2014 | 1491 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

This mascara is great for my lower lashes, it does such an amazing job at separating and coating each lash. But when it comes to my upper lashes it didn't really do much. Of course it still did great in terms of separating and coating, but I look for much more than just that. It's pretty good if you're going for a natural look, but other than that it's pretty average. I don't feel that it did anything in terms of lengthening or volumizing. I do like the brush, which is surprising because I usually hate plastic bristles but this one worked for me. I do like the formula as well, as it doesn't clump. I would buy this again, but only to use on my lower lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This mascara did not work for me. My eyes are small so it was hard to get that big part of the wand in my outer lashes. My other problem was this was a wet formula so my lashes came out very thin. Not really the look I was going for.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Judeanna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the Great Lash Lots of Lashes for several reasons. With the small brush it is easy to apply to every lash. I tend to not like large, thick brushes, as I have sort of puffy eyelids and the large brushes poke me in the eyelid at the lashline. I apply my mascara after my eyeshadow (and liner if I'm wearing it that day) and before my tinted moisturizer and blush.

I like the formula, as it's neither too wet nor too dry. It's probably a bit thicker and not quite as wet as the original Great Lash. It smudges less than the original Great Lash and also makes my lashes look both long and thick.

It also comes in black brown, which I prefer to ultra black or blackest black or carbon black or whatever version of darkest black they sell.

I've bought this several times. It works very well for me (naturally curly, thicker, longer, light colored lashes). I'll buy it again as long as Maybelline keeps producing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

I'm almost done with my second tube of this and am planning on buying a third soon. The brush on this mascara makes my lashes look so long and lovely. One coat makes for a flattering natural look and two makes a slightly bolder look for nightlife. When using the trick of looking down into a mirror and then applying this mascara with long strokes, it looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes! For $5, it is absolutely perfect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by vic3toriac

This is the ONLY mascara that I tried that works on me! I am born with thin, striaght, barely there lashes and this has the tiny brush needed to coat every one of them without turning my lashes chunky. Remember, this mascara is for those with thin short lashes like me. People with the opposite are much better off with a mascara that uses a bigger brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

HG. Honestly my FAVOURITE. Packaging: the same hot pink & green tube. It's super cute & definitely catches the eyes. Price: super cheap and his is great considering the products is amazing. Product: the formula is wet but this works for me. I have thick black lashes, and this lengthens and volumizes like no other in 2-3 coats. It doesn't clump on me at all and it holds a curl really really well. Everytime I wear this I get asked if I am wearing false eyelashes. Definitely going to repurchase. I'm on my third tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

First off, I have thick, black eyelashes. I also have somewhat oily skin. I know I am allergic to Elf's liquid eyeliner and Revlon's Lash Potion mascara.

To me, there are two major things when it comes to mascara:
1) Formulation
2) Packaging/Brush

1) Formulation: I actually had no huge issues with the formula. I was able to curl my eyelashes, and then use coat them in this. (I do not use any sort of primer.) I was surprised that I didn't end up with dark raccoon eyes. The smell isn't anything remarkably good or bad. I do feel like it does take awhile to dry, so I can imagine if you didn't have crazy-thick samurai hair like me, that this formula might be too wet for you.

2) Packaging/Brush: Okay, here's where I docked off a star. (Very few products deserve 5 stars in my eyes, so 1 off of four.) The tube itself is the standard, square prism hot pink container that the older Great Lash tubes were. Nothing exciting or innovative or bad. But this brush is not a traditional spiral wand. Let me describe it before I comment. The brush in conical in overall shape, and the bristles are of uneven length. If you look down the wand (with the tip pointed at your face), you'll see eight lines of longer bristles (four on one half, four on the other), and in between these two "sets" of long bristles, there are lots of SUPER short bristles.

I guess I'm a little old school, but I cannot really manage this rubber wand. I can understand that the conical shape would ideally let me get my inner eyelashes with the tip, and the longer eyelashes with the broader part of the cone. In practice, I kept ending up with too much product on the tip. So my inner lashes are heavy, and clumped together. And then I get mascara on my inner eye, so I have to let it dry and go back to square one.

I have experienced some allergies with liquid eye makeup, and I like the formula, so I don't want it to go to waste. Lately I have been using a cleaned-off spiral brush to apply this, however there is really something to be said about being able to use a product with the applicator is came with. :/ Once it's gone I think I'm going to try something new.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible mascara. It should be called Lots o Clumps instead. It clumps, and flakes like no other mascara I've ever tried. Flimsy wand, weird brush. I used this maybe 5 or 6 times and threw it in the garbage - it's that bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by SamJoRand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, you can't beat it. For everyday lashes, it gives you volume & length and doesn't clump very much. It's the only mascara I've bought since it came out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by stewartmolly

This is my favorite mascara! I have tried so many. even high end ones but nothing compares to this and nothing can beat the price