Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 6/21/2013 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this BB cream for my oily skin. It doesn't break me out. I am NC20, and I get a good match with this bb cream. If it's hard to spread just mix it with a bit of moisturizer.

I love mixing this product with my Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer. The outcome is fabulous!

on 6/15/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The salesperson highly recommended the Clinique BB Cream - even with my sensitive skin. After giving the BB Cream a try for a few days my face began to break out terribly. I immediately stopped using it & my face eventually cleared up. If you have sensitive skin then use this product with great caution.

on 6/3/2013 7:11:00 PM

I wanted to write this to warn some people with sensitive skin---I normally have pretty clear skin. I'll only get like 1 big nasty pimple if I'm about to start my period or eat too much delicious peanut butter (I'm mildly allergic to peanuts sadly). I'm also half filipino with mild eczema and sensitive skin, which is typical if you're filipino/asian. Many of my filipino relatives and friends only use Clinique because we all have sensitive skin. I usually really like products from Clinique and was surprised that my skin reacted really bad to this bb cream. When I first used it, I loved it because the amount of coverage and how natural it looks. I felt like it was perfect....BUT after a few weeks I broke out REALLY bad--big deep painful gross kind. I was so sad and actually kept using it for awhile until my boyfriend realized how bad my skin was getting and told me to stop lol. It has now been a little over a month since I stopped using it, so my skin is clear again. I'm writing this for people with sensitive skin like me. I would feel really bad for someone who spends the money to buy this and ends up breaking out like I did. Luckily I didn't use my own money to buy this. If you don't have sensitive skin you can ignore this!

on 5/31/2013 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Nice natural coverage that didn't break me out unlike every other face product i have tried. Clinique you have a new loyal customer.love it!!!πŸ‘‘πŸ’–πŸ’‹

on 5/29/2013 9:17:00 PM

Very nice. Adds a perfect amount of coverage. Not greasy at all.

Bought shade 01 & took a lippie off for sunscreen smell. But other than that it applies well but dries fast. Maybe if you add a lil bit of moisturizer to it then it would be perfect! :) it does give me a light coverage.

on 5/7/2013 11:04:00 PM

I started with a little sample and ended up buying the full size. It goes on really smooth and blends well. I have normal to combination skin . I really love the semi matte finish. It is not very thick meanwhile providing decent coverage. The only complaint I have with this product is it tends to get oily around my T zone area after few hours of wearing. I am Asian with darker yellow under tone, so sometimes it seems ashy on my skin under certain lighting . I have never used Asian brand BB cream therefor can't really compare . Other than the price , I think it is a decent product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

If you are looking to spend more money on a BB Cream this is the BB Cream for you. It has light coverage and by light coverage I mean it does actually provide some coverage. If you are looking for something light weight and with light coverage this a good find because unlike other BB Creams or foundations this feels really light and non greasy on the skin. It blends very nicely and it lasts. This is a BB Cream you can apply in morning and wear it for the day. I find it does a nice job at evening out skin tone and it adds some coverage to redness and dark spots. I would have given this product a five but $44 plus tax is pricey for a BB Cream. It is a great product. I recommend it to all skin types, just the price seems a little steep for a BB Cream.

on 4/27/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This BB cream has been a miracle for me. My skin is oily and I've been dealing with acne prone skin since I was 13. I was recently offered a sample of this in the 03 shade and I am in LOVE! After showering I'll use aloe vera gel as a moisturizer all over my face, wait for it to dry, then I'll use a foundation brush to apply the BB cream. This by itself does wonders for my skin. My skin isn't as oily after a couple of hours of wear, and it's NOT cakey! If I want a little more coverage I'll use my body shop BB cream overtop of the Clinique BB cream. This BB cream is amazing and looks so natural. Most people have told me that it doesn't like I'm wearing foundation, but that my skin looks great. I would definitely recommend this to other people. Also, since using this as my prime makeup, my natural skin is clearer and just seems brighter and less irritated.

on 4/24/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I don't seem to have much luck with the Korean BB Creams unfortunately, but this is definitely my favorite Western BB Cream! I'm currently an NC10-15/NARS Gobi and wear the shade 02. I'm very fair with golden undertones and read online that 02 should be my shade. When I received the sample however, it looked soooo dark. I didn't think there was any way it could possibly match, and, knowing how dark Clinique foundations tend to run and what their idea of "fair" is, I thought it was a lost cause. But when I tried it out I was shocked to see that it really does blend into my skin very well! It looks a bit dark at first but after about 30 seconds it just matches. After reading some of the other reviews for this product I see that there are even some NC25-30s wearing it! So surely this must have some sort of adapting properties. That's awesome because if NC25s really can wear it, that means I won't have to buy a darker shade to use in the summer! This should match me year-'round.

Application of this product is very quick and easy. It blends very well, though so far I've always applied a light moisturizer underneath first. It feels very soothing and light on my skin. It gives a light-medium coverage, and I do still use concealer on my undereye circles and on the redness around my nose. It covers my pores very well which is awesome! Doesn't sink into or accentuate fine lines. What I truly love about this product is that it *looks like my skin*. It's like seeing my natural skin if it were naturally flawless. I *cannot* see that I'm wearing any base. It makes my skin even and nearly perfect, and so healthy, yet it just looks like it's my natural skin. I'm a self-proclaimed foundation/TM/BB Cream addict and have tried SO many over the years. I honestly don't think I've ever used a product on my face that looked so natural. The first day I wore this, I received compliments from three guys I didn't even know; they just randomly came up to me.

This product has no fragrance and has not irritated my skin or made me itchy like many of the Korean BB Creams have. No breakouts. This lasts about 10 hours on me which is perfect. I do apply a light dusting of a light mattifying powder after the BB Cream. Packaging is a basic squeeze tube and nozzle (no pump) which works just fine for me. Convenient for travel or putting in your makeup bag for the day.

Initially I didn't really view this as a true BB Cream because it doesn't contain skin lightening or "brightening" properties like the Korean ones do. But I'm now seeing that even some of the Korean BB Creams don't have that. Some are just high SPF and moisture, which is what most of the Western BB Creams have. If you're interested in that specific function though, Clinique just came out with a CC Cream that advertises lightening of dark spots. I have tried a sample of that and will be reviewing it as well. I definitely highly recommend the BB Cream and will be repurchasing!