April 24, 2014 | 1857 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Hopewqh

I started with a little sample and ended up buying the full size. It goes on really smooth and blends well. I have normal to combination skin . I really love the semi matte finish. It is not very thick meanwhile providing decent coverage. The only complaint I have with this product is it tends to get oily around my T zone area after few hours of wearing. I am Asian with darker yellow under tone, so sometimes it seems ashy on my skin under certain lighting . I have never used Asian brand BB cream therefor can't really compare . Other than the price , I think it is a decent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by UnderThePink2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

If you are looking to spend more money on a BB Cream this is the BB Cream for you. It has light coverage and by light coverage I mean it does actually provide some coverage. If you are looking for something light weight and with light coverage this a good find because unlike other BB Creams or foundations this feels really light and non greasy on the skin. It blends very nicely and it lasts. This is a BB Cream you can apply in morning and wear it for the day. I find it does a nice job at evening out skin tone and it adds some coverage to redness and dark spots. I would have given this product a five but $44 plus tax is pricey for a BB Cream. It is a great product. I recommend it to all skin types, just the price seems a little steep for a BB Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by xoxerhica

This BB cream has been a miracle for me. My skin is oily and I've been dealing with acne prone skin since I was 13. I was recently offered a sample of this in the 03 shade and I am in LOVE! After showering I'll use aloe vera gel as a moisturizer all over my face, wait for it to dry, then I'll use a foundation brush to apply the BB cream. This by itself does wonders for my skin. My skin isn't as oily after a couple of hours of wear, and it's NOT cakey! If I want a little more coverage I'll use my body shop BB cream overtop of the Clinique BB cream. This BB cream is amazing and looks so natural. Most people have told me that it doesn't like I'm wearing foundation, but that my skin looks great. I would definitely recommend this to other people. Also, since using this as my prime makeup, my natural skin is clearer and just seems brighter and less irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't seem to have much luck with the Korean BB Creams unfortunately, but this is definitely my favorite Western BB Cream! I'm currently an NC10-15/NARS Gobi and wear the shade 02. I'm very fair with golden undertones and read online that 02 should be my shade. When I received the sample however, it looked soooo dark. I didn't think there was any way it could possibly match, and, knowing how dark Clinique foundations tend to run and what their idea of "fair" is, I thought it was a lost cause. But when I tried it out I was shocked to see that it really does blend into my skin very well! It looks a bit dark at first but after about 30 seconds it just matches. After reading some of the other reviews for this product I see that there are even some NC25-30s wearing it! So surely this must have some sort of adapting properties. That's awesome because if NC25s really can wear it, that means I won't have to buy a darker shade to use in the summer! This should match me year-'round.

Application of this product is very quick and easy. It blends very well, though so far I've always applied a light moisturizer underneath first. It feels very soothing and light on my skin. It gives a light-medium coverage, and I do still use concealer on my undereye circles and on the redness around my nose. It covers my pores very well which is awesome! Doesn't sink into or accentuate fine lines. What I truly love about this product is that it *looks like my skin*. It's like seeing my natural skin if it were naturally flawless. I *cannot* see that I'm wearing any base. It makes my skin even and nearly perfect, and so healthy, yet it just looks like it's my natural skin. I'm a self-proclaimed foundation/TM/BB Cream addict and have tried SO many over the years. I honestly don't think I've ever used a product on my face that looked so natural. The first day I wore this, I received compliments from three guys I didn't even know; they just randomly came up to me.

This product has no fragrance and has not irritated my skin or made me itchy like many of the Korean BB Creams have. No breakouts. This lasts about 10 hours on me which is perfect. I do apply a light dusting of a light mattifying powder after the BB Cream. Packaging is a basic squeeze tube and nozzle (no pump) which works just fine for me. Convenient for travel or putting in your makeup bag for the day.

Initially I didn't really view this as a true BB Cream because it doesn't contain skin lightening or "brightening" properties like the Korean ones do. But I'm now seeing that even some of the Korean BB Creams don't have that. Some are just high SPF and moisture, which is what most of the Western BB Creams have. If you're interested in that specific function though, Clinique just came out with a CC Cream that advertises lightening of dark spots. I have tried a sample of that and will be reviewing it as well. I definitely highly recommend the BB Cream and will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by ythe

I got a sample of this cream number 3 before going on vacation. It's luminous. I got lots of comments about my skin. I'm between light and medium and it blended perfectly. I love the samples because I can see if it's for me or not and this is definitely for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product but I just do not. It looked great in the store but after 4 hours of wear it hi lighted every pore on my face. As time goes on it also smells like sulfer (sp) on my skin. yuck. I was wearing it under the even better foundation and I am not happy with that product either. My first experience with a BB cream and my last.
My make up has never looked worse. blotchy, hi lights dry patches and every pore on my face was magnified by this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this BB cream!! I am fair-skinned with pink undertones and use Shade 01, (the lightest one). The color is a bit too light, but I wear this BB cream as a primer and protectant underneath my foundation, and so I apply this very sparingly. I don't have any problems with it looking "off" because by the time that I blend the small amount that I put on, (it really doesn't take much of this), and put my foundation on, it looks gorgeous! I love the fact that I am protecting my skin from future damage while at the same time helping my foundation to stay on longer throughout the day. I would definitely buy this again because this tube will last me a very long time and it has great benefits. I am oily-skinned and this does not break me out or feel greasy. I highly recommend as a primer and skin protectant! I'm not sure that I would want to wear this by itself, as the coverage is not enough for me like that, but that is not what I bought it for and so that doesn't matter to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These past couple months I've been trying lots of different make up items. It's a hobby, and a little bit of a treasure hunt for me. While some people love shoes, I love make up :) anyway, speaking of treasure hunts.... This is a treasure. This is super thick. It's actually quite nerving because you'd think it would be cakey or heavy. I have the lightest shade and it's very smooth and brightening. My face feels soft, and it's totally not heavy. It's ideal for me with normal skin in the warmer months because this isn't greasy AT ALL. Infact, I took it down one lippy because I have to apply my moisturizer before this. It's beautiful though. I'd buy it again. This could very easily replace a foundation and maybe a concealer for those with no major imperfections. It's like a creamy foundation without all the foundation fuss because it sits so nice on the skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW. I was cautiously optimistic about this product, but was prepared to have my expectations dashed. This is not formulated for my kind of skin. I am very oily. But I now have aging (although still disconcertingly oily) as well. This can be a BIG problem, as most long wearing or matte products tend to emphasize all the age related issues I am trying to hide; fine lines, large pores, rougher texture...SIGH. However, most age-defying, luminous, hydrating products just cannot stand up to my oily skin. Also, I am finding that what they say is true...as you age, less is more in terms of foundation.

So I've been experimenting trying to find some middle ground, with not much luck. I thought BB creams might be the answer, if I could find the right one.

I'm not prepared to say this is IT, but it's very, very promising. It's definitely lighter coverage, but not sheer. It can hide some minor issues, but not anything substantial, such as acne scarring or pronounced sun damage. But that's what I was looking for. I'm too old for heavy, maksy foundations that cover everything and make you look like a blank canvas. So I used this with a good concealer to cover my dark circles and a few dark spots and minor blemishes and I was really satisfied with that in terms of camoflouging my problems without looking too heavy.

I LOVED the texture and the finish. Not luminous, but not matte either; very skinlike. It didn't exactly "set", but it didn't remain greasy or slippery either. I did set this with powder. It looked so fresh and lovely that I couldn't stop looking at it. But I knew I couldn't make any kind of determination until I had worn it for a full day.

I wore this for a full day and purposely did not blot or powder
at ALL, other than the initial application of powder to set. I even wore it thought an hour long workout.

I got "dewy" after about four hours. But it wasn't terrible. I think I could have blotted and been fine. As it was, I didn't feel that it was bad enough to make me feel conspicuous or self-conscious. And there was no apparent breakdown in the coverage.

After my workout, which took place about six hours into wear, I was definitely shinier, but I was not dripping with oil as I would have expected. The coverage was still very even, with no patchiness or streaking. I could have used a blot and a smidge or powder at that point and been fine for quite a while longer I think.

At eight hours, it was definitely showing signs of wear, but again, I had done no touch up throughout the day. I always do touch up, even with long wearing formulas, because of my oily skin. And I was prepared to sacrifice some of the long wearing properties I have become accustomed to in order to get the the lighter, fresher more youthful looking finish. I was pleased to find that while it had broken down some at this point, it hadn't gathered in my fine lines and large pores as some foundations have.

One problem with long wearing formulas is that because they set so hard, it's hard to do any reapplication without starting all over, because it's difficult to blend one layer on top of the other, and because it just gets too heavy and opaque. But due to the finish of this product, I think I could have added a bit more product to refresh and gotten a good result.

All in all, I was very pleased. I think I can make this product work for me. It might take a little more effort than I'm used to, but it's a trade off I can live with. I certainly didn't get any drying at all. I guess it depends on skin type, but I really can't see how that would be true of this product.

OH! Also meant to say, there was no overt chemical sunscreen smell or feel, which was surprising. However, it remains to be seen if the SPF breaks me out, which tends to be a problem for me. If it does, I will be sorely disappointed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Clinique so I was hoping to like this product. I was very disappointed. I do however think if I had younger skin it might be great. I asked the sales girl if this was a good choice for older skin (53) she said it would be great. I found it to be very drying and it sunk right into my fine lines. My husband told me whatever I was using on my skin made it look old. If you have beautiful young skin go for it. Otherwise forget it

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No