April 17, 2014 | 1104 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by muchi090

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily skin and this foundation did nothing for me. It looks flawless in photos but cakey in real life. It appears to b very ashy on my skin. I dont like it. Waste of money and time

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Went in to get a Pro Long Wear or Studio Fix but they were out of my shade NC45. Sales woman told me to try this in 7.0. Didn't love it then. I'm not sure if I like it at all. I find that some days it looks lovely, the finish is very natural, hardly need powder. 6.0 was too light, 7.0 I find a bit dark but still better than the 6.0 and omg the god awful RED TINGE after a few hours or if I get oily. 6.0 was the right undertone however. That may have worked if the shade was right. I'm lazy these days or I could simply have used a darker powder but I honestly prefer a foundation as close to perfect as possible that dries matte/semi matte so I don't need more than a dust of powder on my T-zone.

WHY OH WHY do some MAC foundations turn that disgusting orange-red??? NC or NW they're all red and nasty. In any event I may just mix with strobe liquid and use up as tinted moisturizer on days I don't want much coverage (I don't have many blemishes to cover) because I cant see myself wearing a full face of this anywhere important. On the upside it photographs well with flash despite the high SPF. Took lovely photos with this while out boating before I took on the Oompa Loompa cast. NOTHING beats Revlon Colorstay. More stuff I try the more I realize this.

Ultimately I think if you find something in this formula that works for you you will love it as the coverage and texture are lovely. If you've tried it and didn't get matched properly you'll probably hate it. When my bottle is done I shall not repurchase. Waste of $33.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

This foundation is very similiar to Pro Longwear but it's easier to remove and not as drying. Good coverage. A little goes a long way and it's pretty long lasting. Matte finish. I love that it comes in a pump... but unfortunately this foundation is just too drying for my dry skin, and as I've found with other MAC foundations, it leaves my skin lifeless and unhealthy looking after a few months of use. This would probably be better for someone with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Im NC15ish and it's very hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin. Shade 1 does!! It also makes the texture of my skin look smoother, makes my pores look less noticeable, and manages to prevent shine without making my dry skin look flaky. I apply this with a MAC foundation brush and smooth out cakey spots with my fingers. I top it off with a little Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Light. Finally found my HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a NC 42 with most of Mac's other foundations and found that the #5 matchmaster matched my complexion very well. The foundation itself is medium coverage which is easy to layer onto a full coverage if needed. It feels very light on the skin, easy to apply and is very natural looking on me. It needs a powder to set but the good thing is that I don't necessarily need to do so much contouring and highlighting like with some other foundations of this consistency that could leave my face looking quite flat.
I am over-all pleased with the colour match and the coverage it gives but my only issue with this product is that I find that i still get visibly oily within only a few hours of having this on, not only do I get oily but the foundation looks like it's disintegrating and melting off in some places, particularly around my nose, I've been trying some different primers to help with this issue but none have helped so far. I previously used to use mac's pro-longwear foundation prior to this but had ran out on that which led me to give this a try. This foundation is not bad but the pro-longwear just works better for me and for this reason I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm only familiar with 2 MAC liquid foundations, the Matchmaster and the Pro Longwear because I wear them. I haven't tried other liquid foundations by MAC. Out of those 2, the Matchmaster is definitely my favourite. First of all, the shade is not like a typical MAC foundations of NC or NW, it is a blend of the two tones, so (according to the MUAs at both the MAC counters in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur), the formula is designed to adjust to our skin tones as close as possible by itself. I'm an NC30 so the MUA matched me with the shade 3.0, and it's the perfect shade. Second of all, the bottle contains more product (1.2 fl oz instead of 1 fl oz). I like that.
Now the performance. I love the finish, it's demi-matte, yet it feels just right, and it's not heavy and cakey looking. I like the medium and buildable coverage, it makes it my #1 choice of foundation for special occasions. I'm planning to wear this on a friend's Bali wedding next week. I love how it blends quite easy, but it dries fast, so although it is easy to blend, you have to do it quickly. I find that the best way to apply it is with a damp sponge / beauty blender.
The staying power of this foundation is amazing. It is even longer than the Pro Longwear that claims to be "long wearing". On my normal-oily combination skin, it lasts a good 8-9 hours, with little blots on the t-zone 2-3x. Matte finish that lasts a long time? It's close to perfection in my book!
The best thing about this foundation is that it doesn't break me out at all. Would definitely repurchase. Overall rating I'd give 4,5 out of 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this foundation for night time use because it has a mattifying effect. I find that it is too heavy for daytime wear. I have dry skin and I do notice cakiness around my nose(driest area for me) when I wear this foundation. Subsequently it is not very suited for dry skin but I find that my skin tolerates it better during the summer months. I'm a NC15 and I got this in the lightest shade, it still feels a bit dark for me though.
Oh and don't use flash photography whilst wearing this foundation!! I had a group photo taken of me at a party and I looked like a GHOST compared to the rest of the people! I have naturally fair skin but I'm not even kidding when I say that my head looked like it didn't even belong to my body! If you want a foundation that will photograph well go for one without SPF in it!
Apart from that I actually really like the flawless coverage that this foundation offers!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by lessismore3

I had high hopes for this MAC foundation, I have heard so much about the MAC offering and was keen to give it a go compared to the brands I have been trying from Mecca (Aussie equivalent of Sephora). Left a chalky looking finish, smelt intense and chemical-like and just sat on top of the skin. Good coverage but looks unnatural. I'm not a fan of how it oxidizes (gets darker)- whatever colour it goes to doesn't match me (I got 1.5 which I felt was too light for me but it oxidizes to an orange color). This foundation also photographs TERRIBLY and looks like someone has drawn on your face with white chalk in photos. I also have acne-prone skin and developed pimples from this foundation... Overall disappointing. Not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For starters my shade is 7.5...I was matched in the store by a MUA and I thought the color was a good match for me, I tend to be lighter on my cheeks than my forehead and chin and this foundation evens out everything without making the darker parts of my face look ashy. The MUA reccomended this foundation for ppl with oily skin who were looking to get a matte finish,to me this is semi matte but it does hold up well in my shiny skin...I wore this foundation to the club and I danced and got hot sweaty and sticky yet when I went home and wiped my face I still had to use 2 makeup wipes to get everything off, the power stay was beyond anything I've tried. I think paired with the mineralize skin finish natural this foundation will hold up against anything. its very transfer resistent and I don't have to worry about getting foundation gunk on my phone screen or cases and even through sweating you can count on this to last. my skin is extremely oily as in I can wash my face and sit around the house with no products on and get oily within 2 hours. The primer I use with this is the no.7 shine free primer I found at target which I think is now discontinued, the Concealer is Mac select cover up and finishing powder is Mac mineralize skin finish, all these products together leave me with a flawless face, this is actually up there with my cover girl queen flawless 3 in 1 foundation and to me it definately surpasses MUFE mat velvet (I'm shade 80) I reccomend this foundation to oily skinned girls who want a nice matte finish and great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

About a month ago I ordered Mac Matchmaster Foundation in NC30/3.0 and its amazing! My skin is extremely oily and I have a very difficult time finding something that will stay put but also something that will match my skin tone. At first I was a little skeptical but after brushing it on and setting it with powder my skin looks flawless! It has buildable coverage, too so if I happen to have a zit or two its covered. It also looks incredibly natural with a semi-matte finish. I feel like I'm not wearing make up and it looks like I'm bare faced! I love it!