August 1, 2014 | 1307 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I thought I would like to try this as I have read alot of articles about how great the mineral foundations are. Luckily got this on ebay pretty cheap. I hate it. Makes my skin look so dry and accentuates fine lines and wrinkles where I never noticed them before, I like a slightly dewy look, this stuff is awful. I will use the mineral veil over my normal foundation until its used up. I don't know what to do with the BE foundation, as I only used it twice. All I can say is YUCK. Going back to my Lancome Renergie.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel Bare Minerals is overrated. I do not feel it covers well at all! If I have a pimple, I can still see the redness after the powder is applied. Its the same with scaring, I can still see my scars through this make-up. If you do not have these problems, this make-up would probably be fine for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by toniak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I like this foundation. I found that it does cover things well, but there is a certain metallic glow to it which is kind of annoying. It is very light and not flaky, unlike other powders I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most frosty foundation I have ever received. It has chunks of glitter that accentuate the large pores on my cheeks. The mica in the powder makes the foundation color lighter than what it really is. It doesn't cover up well as it only makes imperfections more visible.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by bippyloo

I've held off on writing this review for a while because I never really knew how I felt about Bare Minerals makeup until now. Even though I've been wearing it for a few years, I have kind of always tolerated it because I hate liquid/cream foundations and its the only powder formula out there that I know of that offers decent coverage and doesn't make my skin flaky. I've always noticed that in certain lights, the makeup can have a weird metallic-like cast on the skin, making it appear like a lighter, greyish mask or sometimes a rosy color. I don't know how exactly to describe it, but to sum it up, it looks fake. Never was this more apparent than when I went to get my hair cut last weekend. My skin looked horrible under those lights, even the girl drying my hair said something and I couldn't wait to get home and get it off. I know some might say that salon lighting is very particular, but I don't ever want my skin to look like that under any light! And its not just the medium beige shade, I've used the fairly light shade many winters and always had similar effects based on the lighting. Its not a terrible product, but its metallic properties just aren't for me. I guess my hunt for the perfect foundation continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ladeerose

this is a good foundation, i have tried many (including mac) and found this one to so far be the best, it leaves a good clear finish to the skin, although can look dry, i have very oily skin, and find after about 3 hours it starts to rub off,overall good product, last me ages ,but i only use it on special occasions.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by patricia225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation for 1 week, and after day #5 i had 3 huge pimples on my forehead and 1 giganto pimple on my nose. I rarely break out, very rarely. If i get a pimple its small and usually gone in 2 days. This stuff broke me out bad. Once i stopped using it, my face cleared up.
I noticed that with this foundation, it was cakey on me in my oily areas, forehead, around my nose. The coverage is a pain in the butt because you have to keep applying it, swirl tap buff swirl tap buff over and over until you reach the desired coverage, it takes too long. I dont like my makeup thick and cakey but i do like my skin tone to be evened out, this does not do it for me.

I have been using MAC studio fix powder FOREVER.....i have gone back to that.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by MadHattress

I HATE this foundation !!!! It's not at all travel friendly, it's WAY too expensive for what it is, and it's not natural-looking and it makes my face look cakey and makes it obvious that I have foundation on.

The only thing that's positive is that it helps my combo skin stay matte, especially on my T-zone, but THANKS I prefer my Bobbi Brown natural finish long lasting foundation or my MUFE HD foundation, maybe I got to blot them a few times troughout the day, but AT LEAST they look NATURAL and BEAUTIFUL, like I had no foundation on !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by jessexplosion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this product worked well as a light-medium cover foundation, it is too expensive for what it is, and too difficult to use when in a hurry. As I only wanted a light-medium coverage at the time, I used this product in its entirety, but towards the end was searching for a better/cheaper alternative, which I found in Natio's loose mineral foundation in Desert Sand. Bare Escentuals' mineral makeup was good to my skin, I usually have problems breaking out not only in blemishes but allergic reactions from many makeup brands, so initially this foundation was a saviour. Having to swirl the brush repeatedly to 'break up the minerals' is a bit annoying, and really takes it toll on the brush! It also means that it's virtually impossible to apply makeup in a hurry as I found without swirling the powder enough, the coverage isn't nearly as good and can even clump. Its finish generally wasn't too cakey, and it does settle well over time, but as the day wears on, blemishes start to show through. Using a concealer brush, setting blemishes (on top of a liquid concealer) worked quite well. Ultimately the product is too expensive for what it does, and the coverage is great for day and work, but not quite enough for night and events. I will not buy this product again as I have found a much better alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by istephuhnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have seen many mixed reviews on this product. I personally LOVE it! I have oily skin, especially in my T-zone, and this product helped me TREMENDOUSLY. It works even better when paired with Mineral Veil. It doesn't make my face look cakey- remember a little goes a long way! And it lasts almost all day. Also, I think this product works better on younger women, from what I've seen. I reccomend trying out a sample to see if it works for you. Btw it is also a pretty good price because it really lasts a long time!