October 24, 2014 | 1649 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by kaylameans13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first review of a foundation I ever written. To start off, I have pretty skin, I'm fair with freckles, and my cheeks have some mild rosacea to them but if hydrated enough, the redness is calmed down. I tried this foundation as sample and really enjoyed it. I have been searching high and wide for a perfect foundation/ one that hydrates, while lasts for a long time and still looks fresh. This foundation is one of the best I have ever found. I have literally tried ever foundation out their and have been blown away at how well this works. I first moisturize very well, apply some sort of primer, sometimes I don't, apply a bb cream and then apply this on a damp real techniques sponge. This gives great coverage, I can still see red in my cheeks but it is very toned down. It does not look cakey and you can layer it very well. I never have to touch up and it lasts pretty much for 15 hours. I have red undertones and I like to contract with yellow so I am a 1.2, in mufe I wear 117 marble. This foundation is great and I think I finally found my holy grail... But I will probably keep searching the rest of my life for the most perfect, perfect one. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Ke3299

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been a Nars baby forever. Upon trying Smashbox at Sephora I noticed that I looked warm & colorful. Nars gave me a beautiful "made up" look. I use another under eye concealer AFTER my foundation is applied. This foundation grabs my concealer nicely. I do recommend the Smashbox primer first because it hydrates and helps the foundation apply like butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good foundation. I don't have good skin in the sense that I have acne scarring, large pores and red hyperpigmentation. But of all the foundations I have used (ELDW, Mac Prolongwear, Revlon, MUFE, Lancome) this is the best one so far. It gives a med to full coverage and covers a good amount of my discoloration (more than ELDW did), of course I still use concealer. It doesn't get too oily, doesn't slide off my face (like MUFE did), its transfer resistant (not like Lancome teint), has good staying power, lightweight (not like Revlon) so feels like im not wearing makeup. For reference im an NC 42 and I have 3.4 in this foundation. I'm still not sure if this is HG status?.. but that could be because I don't have good skin to begin with.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kimmcma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My holiest of holy grail products! (And ladies, I have tried them all!!) love this. Lasts all day! Full coverage so may be a bit thick for you younger ladies but for me....perfection!! I set with Smashbox Halo and I'm good to go! Try it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

This is definately the best long wearing foundation I've ever tried.
Out of all that I have used in the past, I think this has the best finish and is the easiest to blend.
It doesn't have as much coverage as say Estee Lauder Double Wear (in my opinion), but it comes close and it offers a finish that isn't as matte as the Estee Lauder, which I prefer for wearing during the day if I'm not going anywhere fancy.
Although this says it is hydrating, I'm not 100% convinced that any true 'long wearing' foundation is ever going to be suitable for people with dry skin as the formula of these type of foundations are renowned for highlighting drier areas.
A great foundation though and I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first high end foundation I bought.

Because it was my first splurge I did a lot, like a ton, of research.

My skin is normal to dry and my around my nose always get oily throughout the day.

I was looking up at Estee Lauder double wear, maximum coverage, MAC stuido sculpt (said to be for dry skin), bb creams and what not.

I WAS planning on either getting Estee Lauder or MAC but they were too far and I really needed a foundation (by the way I have discolorations, acne scarrings, and some blemishes). Also, I stopped buying drugstore foundations because they kept breaking me out and I just couldn't find the right shade to match me! (I have light skin with beige/yellow undertones).

So I went to sephora and told them "I have dry-ish skin and I need full coverage". They told me both Kat Von D and Makeup Forever Matte Velvet are good for what I needed and I choose Kat Von D because I kept reading reviews on how much coverage it gives. *Note: If you ever go to sephora and need a color match, DO NOT let them "help you choose a color" unless they are using the Skin IQ machine. My came up way too orange and dark for me, and that's because they lighting wasn't great and I was in a hurry. (Think I might do a review on Kat Von D).

Anyways, I went back to return that and decided to choose a foundation on my own. I spent almost 2 hours carefully testing every single foundation you can think of in sephora, also tested concealers too.

Then I came across this foundation and tested on my neck. At first I tested the 1.2 and thought it was OK but then 2.1 was PERFECT!!!!! I rubbed it on my neck, walked around for a few minutes, and it was matte, flawless and I was like this is it!

I've been using this foundation for about a week now and it's amazing. The coverage is medium to full and it seriously lasts all day. However, like I said I have oily t-zone and it does break on you a little bit (even with powder). But whenever I do see it melting/breaking on me, I dab a alittle more of my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I'm good to go all day.

For my trouble skin, it doesn't really covers ALL of it. I tried putting it like a concealer but of course a foundation is not meant to cover, it's only meant to even out your skin tone. So I went to Target and bought NYX above and beyond full coverage concealer.

What I do now is I use a tiny concealer brush, dab the NYX concealer on my trouble areas, wait an hour or so, then apply this foundation.

I swear it looks like my skin is re-borned!!!! I definetly recommend for people who have all different skin types. I say that it's because it's matte, and with powder, oily gals are good to go. For normal to dry skin gals, don't worry, it won't stick to your dry patches and it doesn't irritate your skin. I am so so glad that I found this foundation and gave it a try.

Hope this review helps some of you who are in similar situation like me or skin type/ tone like me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Allyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so excited that I've finally found the perfect match (4.1) For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC around NC46-47. This foundation provides medium- full coverage, feels light on my skin and blurs my imperfections. The finish is demi matte/satin which is perfect for me because I don't like very matte finishes. Best of all it lasts throughout the day, controls the oil in my skin and photographs well. The packaging is pretty cool too, honestly I don't have anything negative to say about this product. However, I do think it's a little pricey but I love the results and you get what you pay for. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has very good coverage and stays on all day if untouched! But if you are to add powder later in the day it kind of breaks up and doesn't look too nice! The I have gone for the lightest colour they do but it's still has a bit of a yellowish tinge to it where as I prefer a pinky tinge. Over all though I would recommend it to a darker skin tone than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily acne prone sensitive skin so I was very weary to try this products as it's a long wearing heavier coverage foundation but holly HG foundation . I use my benefit pore professional under on my oily areas and I use Clinique mattifying powder to set and works like a dream. I stay matte and fully covered for 6-8 hours before I see a little oil peek through with no slipping transferring or separating . I have been using this all week and no breakouts yet. I am so impressed with this foundation and love the coverage .

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by renneyg

For reference, I have neutral/pink tones & a yellow undertone. Oily, hormonal acne prone skin. I want a matte, semi-matte, long wearing, non transfer foundation & the color match is vital. I normally mix Mac sff nw20-25 or nc20-25 & can oxides up to one shade.

pros:
It applies effortlessly & blends evenly
It has a pump
It smells ok as foundation goes
Stays on relatively well
Controls oil quite well
Doesn't appear to transfer

Cons:
I chose 2.1 which dulled my skin though that could have been the shade choice
The finish isn't great, its just a bit off & quite thin consistency
Felt I needed quite a bit to cover so would say only a medium finish
Didn't really like the feel of it- although not tight I just felt I wanted to wash my face

Overall, not bad but not great. Think I would try 2.2 next (2.3 is way too dark).