November 27, 2014 | 944 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by FionaRivera

I cannot say enough about how amazing this product is. Completely worth the money you pay for. I used two pumps and it covered my entire face and neck. It is buildable coverage. They have so many shades to choose from! Such a beautiful natural velvet finish but not matte at all. I recommend this to every person who wears liquid foundation. Lasts all day long. Just buy it and see for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Kathsabino

After going through so many drugstore foundations, nothing seemed to help me control my oily skin. I ended up going high end, and the worker recommended this to me. I am in the shade 2.3 and it is a perfect match. The coverage is light to medium, not full, but it is buildable without looking cakey. I don't have a lot of blemishes, I just have uneven skin tone, and oily skin. It doesn't last me 15 hours, but it does last me a full school day or work shift. It is mattifying, and it is great. They pump doesn't dispense a lot of product, so it makes you feel like you're using a lot more product that you really are, and it's only one ounce for $42. This is the only foundation I've found that works for me, so it's worth the price tag

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by An0605

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is absolutely amazing! At the end of the night, it looks exactly the same as it did when I first put it on. It controls my oil well throughout the day. The price is high, but it's worth it. Might be my HG foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so although I'm very picky with foundations, I believed that Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation was my HG because I couldn't find anything better. However, it looked horrible towards the end of the day (kinda melted off and caked) and my skin isn't even that oily, it's combination. I decided to go on the hunt for the perfect foundation: something with a satin finish, looks like skin, STAYS ON, controls oil, medium coverage, and nothing unbelievably pricy. I spent hours researching every brand and their foundations on Sephora's website, and I don't even know how I stumbled across Smashbox's Studio Skin. Smashbox is a brand I never looked twice at (never caught my attention, never heard much about it, etc.) but after reading the glowing reviews everywhere, it actually seemed promising.

I can go on forever about this foundation, but here are the basics: straight up medium coverage, but buildable to full (perfect to build on bad skin days). Doesn't cake, looks natural, brightens your skin. NO TRANSFER (hallelujah), controls shine, does not cling to dry patches, doesn't look disgusting towards the end of the day. I don't wear my makeup for 15 hrs, but it lasts through my idea of a "whole day."

Although the highest I usually pay for a foundation is around $36, this foundation is 100% worth the $42. If this is the type of foundation you're looking for, whether you're a fan of Smashbox or not, TRY IT. At least take home a sample. This foundation has me floored, it's amazing that something "hydrating" not only hydrates my dry spots, but controls my oily spots.

Thank you Smashbox, THIS is what high end is supposed to look like.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by laurahx0

If you're looking for a medium-heavy coverage foundation with ridiculously good mattefying properties then try this baby on! On my oily skin it didn't last 15 hours but it came pretty damn close! Most foundations start to slide off of my skin by lunchtime but this baby stays all day long!
It is a little pricey but for the quality of this product I think you should definitely at least try this on! The texture is perfect for me as its not too runny and I believe they have a pretty good colour selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Beautiful foundation holds up well on my semi oily skin. Doesn't last 15 hours mind you. It gives your skin a very natural finish. Not matte not Dewey.
Packaging is great love the pump. I do think it's priced a tad high though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

Love this foundation!! It is Medium to full coverage, however I still use concealer for my blemishes (Nars creamy concealer). The finish is gorgeous. It feels very light on the skin and does not settle into my fine lines. I have very oily skin and I believe this foundation does not contribute to my oiliness, It may even help to control the oil. I would definitely recommend this product! I usually wear Nars sheer glow in barcelona, I love this foundation too however, I do get a little shiny throughout the day. I barely need to touch up with smash box. I use mac MSF to set.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I spent ages in Sephora looking for a good foundation for day wear. Not made any easier by the absolutely terrible lighting!! In the end it was a toss up between the Armani Luminous silk UV 20 in shade 2 and this - and they'd run out of the Armani so this is what I walked away with. Previously I'd been using GOSH foundation in Porcelain with a touch of white to bring it a shade lighter but wanted to upgrade.

My skin is usually on the dryer side of normal but I am prone to both eczema flares (which leaves me with redness and dry, flaky patches) and monthly acne on my cheeks/jawline (lucky me!). I needed a full-coverage foundation as being fair skinned and dark haired, I get PIHP that takes months to fade :(

My skin tone - creamy - very fair, neutral with a touch of yellow

Coverage - very good. I apply with a damp stippling brush and blend it extensively. It feels pretty heavy and lasts well but does have to be carefully blended/worked into the skin

On flaky areas - bad, but I've yet to meet a product that wasn't

Colour - I bought the 1.1 which is fair with a yellow base. The next day I used this in daylight and discovered that it was not quite the right colour for me - being both too dark, and too yellow....annoying. So I'm mixing it with my Face Atelier Zero Minus; now it's the right lightness but the colour isn't *quite* neutral enough. So I won't be buying again, but it's a great option for those with a creamy-yellow undertone

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by kaylameans13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first review of a foundation I ever written. To start off, I have pretty skin, I'm fair with freckles, and my cheeks have some mild rosacea to them but if hydrated enough, the redness is calmed down. I tried this foundation as sample and really enjoyed it. I have been searching high and wide for a perfect foundation/ one that hydrates, while lasts for a long time and still looks fresh. This foundation is one of the best I have ever found. I have literally tried ever foundation out their and have been blown away at how well this works. I first moisturize very well, apply some sort of primer, sometimes I don't, apply a bb cream and then apply this on a damp real techniques sponge. This gives great coverage, I can still see red in my cheeks but it is very toned down. It does not look cakey and you can layer it very well. I never have to touch up and it lasts pretty much for 15 hours. I have red undertones and I like to contract with yellow so I am a 1.2, in mufe I wear 117 marble. This foundation is great and I think I finally found my holy grail... But I will probably keep searching the rest of my life for the most perfect, perfect one. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Ke3299

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been a Nars baby forever. Upon trying Smashbox at Sephora I noticed that I looked warm & colorful. Nars gave me a beautiful "made up" look. I use another under eye concealer AFTER my foundation is applied. This foundation grabs my concealer nicely. I do recommend the Smashbox primer first because it hydrates and helps the foundation apply like butter.