November 23, 2014 | 1959 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by RachyH

I just bought this mascara yesterday, i was so excited to try it after seeing all the positive reviews AND watching the youtuber Lauren Curtis rave about it.

I tried it this morning a little scared tht it wouldnt be o so amazing, it wasnt... i was thinking uh maybe i put it on wrong(so i put it on again)

Basically this mascara is pretty good for its price, but there were def some pros and some cons.
Pros:good pigment, great length, soft lashes(not hard and crusty)
Cons: if u have straight lashes this mascara only holds the curl a little bit (despite how crazily curled u make ur lashes bforehand),smudges but its easy to wipe away

This is my review after only trying it ONCE(well 1&1/2),so maybe i just need to get used to the brush and/or learn a better way to apply it idk but if it gets better ill definitely write another review! hope this helped somebody!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ladies, did we all buy the same product? This stuff is really not that great! I had high hopes after reading hundreds of positive reviews, but after two weeks of using this product, I can safely say the formula is mediocre at best. I'll start with the positives; it's extremely pigmented and gives lashes a true black tint, as opposed to some mascaras that are marketed as black, but end up looking wishy-washy or like a brown-black color, this is a TRUE black! It's also extremely affordable which is always a bonus.

Having said that, this formula is extremely wet and messy to work with. I thought after two weeks, the tube would dry out a little, and make this easier to apply. It didn't. My face looks like a crime scene after I apply two coats, so clean up takes a while. The formula also stings my eyes and I do not have sensitive eyes. This is the first mascara that has actually caused a burning/stinging reaction for me. Also, because the formula is so wet and messy, this gave my lashes a spidery look, and didn't necessarily add any volume (although it did provide decent lengthening). I'm really baffled by the positive reviews here. This mascara reminds me a bit of Maybelline Great Lash - enough said!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first applied this, I had really high hopes. It looked great in the mirror as I don't mind the "clumpy" type look, but I do comb my lashes to at least attempt to get them and the product evenly distributed after each coat...

boy was that a mistake! This stuff takes forever to dry and as I was combing I got too close to my eye and blinked hard...mess everywhere under my eye and on my eyelid. I cleaned that up, and waited....and waited...and waited, poking at my lashes with the comb to check drying progress until the next attempt. The next try at a comb through, flakes everywhere, both on lid and under eye and I hadn't even attempted to apply to my lower lashes yet. Bleh...

I'll try it again at a later time and resist the combing and report back the results

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by noorhasclaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this off the Jordana website for AUD $12. It was a good bargain, considering the hype it had across the globe. When I received it, I was not so happy with it. There was nothing wrong with the packaging, everything arrived properly and decently, but when I applied it onto my lashes I was so upset. I have long, full eyelashes and when applied, it produced the same effect like benefit's they're real mascara. I don't like benefits mascara, because its just clumpy and it doesn't look nice on me. So Jordana's mascara also gave me clumpy ugly eyelashes. It kept flaking off, and I had to continuously go to the bathroom to sweep off any excess flakes on my cheeks and my eyeballs. Every time i removed my makeup, the mascara ran down to my bottom lashes, and it got clumped inside my eyeball section and inner eyes. I think Im just going to stick to max factors false lash effect mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I caved into the reviews and purchased a tube on eBay and I'm not disappointed.
In fact, I'm so impressed that I made the trek across the border and picked up two more tubes at Walgreens. (the things we do for makeup!)

The formula is rather wet and I can see how it can clump lashes together especially when using a brand new tube. I wipe the wand along the opening of the tube to remove any excess and this works for me in avoiding clumpy, spidery lashes. (hence the one lipstick off the rating as I'm not crazy about having to wipe off excess mascara)
I should note that my lashes are very thin and short and they work well with this sort of formula. If your lashes are relatively thick and full, this mascara will probably end up clumping.

The pigment is a deep black and despite its name, it's mainly a lengthening mascara but it does give decent volume. I like to layer it with a thickening mascara for that extra oomph.
My lashes have fantastic length when I wear this mascaras and staying power is excellent - lasts all day without smudging or flaking.
Jordana retails for $2.99 and it proves that you don't need to spend the big bucks on high end mascaras.

Be prepared for some serious panda eyes when you remove at night as I found out. I like to use a q-tip dipped in eye makeup remover as a final clean up to avoid that dreaded 'black ring' look in the morning.

I'll definitely repurchase this mascara or stock up if I'm at a Walgreens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was a bit messy to use. I found that it starts to dry somewhat in the tube and becomes clumpy. Overall I was not thrilled with the formula, the brush, the wear, or the look of this on my lashes.
I would not repurchase or recommend to any one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the outcome! Just a bit too much mascara on the brush but otherwise great. Until like two hours later is the problem. Your eyes will not stop itching it is horrible. This happened to my friend also.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the review before mine...

I got not one, but two tubes of this as part of a pretty good deal, since it's not available where I live. I was fairly satisfied with the product the first couple of times I used it. However, it became very dry, clumpy, and thick after a couple of months. I don't use the applicator (since I find the technique of smearing a layer of mascara onto a metal lash comb and using that a highly effective way of lengthening and separating lashes), but the product looks quite scary on it!

All in all, I can't recommend this mascara to others, and I'm now on the hunt for a good mascara to use with my lash comb!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

This mascara is really confusing to me. After hearing all the hype about it, I decided to give it a try. With a $2 price tag, what did I have to lose right? At first impression, this mascara was wonderful, and gave me great volume and length with a nice black color. Within only about a week of using it however, the packaging completely cracked apart. I never dropped it or anything, so I leave it to poor package quality. While it looks good on the lashes, it is very annoying to get off, even with makeup remover, yet somehow it streaks a lot with any contact with water. I had really high hopes for this mascara, but I guess you get what you pay for

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by vhanshaw

I love this mascara. It's nice and black, goes on smooth, and doesn't clump as long as you don't put on a zillion coats. I use two coats and my eyelashes look exactly like I want them to.

As for getting it off, it was a little difficult until I figured out a trick. I wet a wash cloth with warm water, don't wring it out. and hold the cloth over my eye lashes for a moment. The heat and the water loosens the mascara. I gently wipe at my lashes a few times before I apply coconut oil to my entire face, eyes included. Sure I get black smears all over my face but I just wash it off with the cloth. No other soap or makeup remover works better than coconut oil.