April 18, 2014 | 1211 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Lightful had been my HG for the last few years since I only use concealer n powder. Used over a med coverage bb cream, I found it leaving me cakey n looking like a I have loads of powder on which I didn't like. Hearing good reviews on this, I was swaying between the compact or the loose. Generally I'm not a fan of messes so I decided to go with this tho I heard the loose version is better. I love the dewy-matte effect this provides without adding more colour. It's great for setting and giving a light sheen. SA said I can us my mineralize skin finish for sheer highlighting over this. I finish off with Mac charged water n I'm a happy camper :) looks naturally polished but not overdone. Will repurchase but maybe the loose powder next time

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by pinknouveau20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just love this! Due to the good reviews I read online, I decided to give this a try as Blot Powder makes me look cakey over Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I was really excited to touch up after I bought it and the look was really nice! I I didn't regret my puchase on this. Will have to keep my Blot Powder now. I am using this together with Studio Perfect Foundation and it gives me a very light-weight and natural look. I will give it a try to apir with Studio Fix also and update my review.
I recommend this for those who have oily skin, for touch ups that won't slide off your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was topping off my tinted moisturizer with NARS Powder Foundation, because the foundation is not full coverage I used it as a setting powder but wasn't feeling happy with it.

I have a love/hate relationship with MAC, I love the aesthetics, I love the message, but the complexion products have all been an incredible disappointment, products that get great reviews either make me break out or just perform below my expectations.

But I was curious about this one and decided to give it a go. I have to say, I love it. I love the fact that it's chalk white and blends perfectly into my skin without altering my skin tone in the slightest, I do also think this has a sort of optical diffusion effect making my skin looking more flawless. It's also very effective keeping the oiliness at bay and I only need to touch up once.

This product, while pressed, was meant to apply with a brush, I use my trusty 187 and set my tinted moisturizer with a light hand for a natural finish of "my-skin-but-better" look. I skip my cheeks if I'm wearing cream blush because I enjoy the dewy glow it gives or if I'm wearing NARS blush because it nukes the sheen. It doesn't come with a puff or a sponge.

It hasn't broken me out, so this might be a MAC complexion product that I will enjoy.

I am listing this as a buy again product, but I cheat on my complexion products and I have my eye on Becca stuff, so expect a review on those one of these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I bought this recently because I was going on a trip and I didn't want to carry my Laura Mercier loose powder around. I definitely like this product A LOT more than my LM loose powder. As a matter of fact, after I got back from my trip, I found myself reaching for this rather than the LM powder. I use a powder brush and press this product into my face after I apply my foundation and it keeps my face nice and matte for a good 6 hours. I do blot once towards the end of the day but I find that even if I don't blot I don't look shiny or oily. I just look like I have a nice glow. I have combo skin and an oily t-zone and with all other powders, I usually have to blot by mid day. I haven't notice it going white on me either but I am quite pale (NC/W 15ish). Would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by AHeartsMakeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have had this product in both the loose and pressed powder versions. I like the pressed version better because it works the same and is less messy. I also think you lose less product this way, and its way more portable. I wear this product after apllying foundation and it evens everything out and helps keep it place all day. I also like that it is transparent since I always have problems finding the right color to match me. Also helps with oil control. Great product that I will continue to purchase!!

EDIT: I've moved back to my L'Oreal powder because this product does give me a white glow/cast which is especially horrible in pictures. That could be because I am applying too heavily. I still think this is a great product, especially with those with fairer skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by heyitsjenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use the Studio Fix but I recently purchased this because I wanted a more minimalist look. My tinted moisturizer is pretty greasy, so I wanted a transparent powder that just takes the grease away, without adding the pale "glow" some finishing powders have. This did JUST that. If you're looking for a product that's going to cover your blemishes, scars, or any skin imperfections; this is not it. If you're looking for a product to combat shine for hours and hours. Best solution ever. And it's not messy like loose powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by YadaYada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used and tried a lot of finishing powders and this is my absolute favourite. This stuff mattifies my skin without making my make-up look and feel heavy. I don't have really oily skin, so I can't comment on the effectiveness of the mattifying aspect when you have oily skin. But for me this set's my overall make-up and my undereye concealer in particular, without having a obviously powdered face. I really love that it's a pressed powder. This makes it so much easier to use, but also cheaper in use. Yes you get more product when you buy the loose finishing powder variant. But that doesn't last me as long as this compact does. Because everytime I open the lid on the loose powder, a lot of powder flies away and I tend to use too much of the loose powder. So this is the answer to all of my finishing powder prayers.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Meggyeggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder is pretty good at controlling the oil on my face. The only problem I have with this powder is the fact that you really need to blend it into your face other wise you look super caky.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Prep+Prime Pressed is very finely milled, with a beautiful texture in the pan. Unfortunately, I found it less-than-beautiful on my face. It is matte, and does a decent job of taking the shine off my ss. When applied lightly( tiniest bit dabbed on with a foundation brush), it's like I'm not wearing anything. As I'd prefer a bit of an airbrushed, glowy effect, this disappointed. It did not visibly blur anything. When applied with a fluffy powder brush, it appeared powdery and had a bit of a whitish cast. I am already very pale ( NW10-15), so this may be even more noticeable on someone darker. For packaging lovers like me, it is worth mentioning that this compact is different from other MAC pressed powders. This compact is shiny, with a sparkles, and the MAC logo is much smaller.

I do not think I would repurchase, because, for me, there are similar products which provide a noticeably better finish ( UD De-Slick).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm pretty disapointed in this product. i'm a huge fan of the original prep and prime loose powder and was very excited to hear that there would be a pressed version available. i like the original because it keeps my foundation looking fresh all day and makes it very long wearing but i usually dislike loose powders and this was no exception. i find that this looks very chalky and powdery on the skin which unlike the original loose really diffuses on the skin and looks very naturaly matte. though the compact is very sleek and the mirror is very convenient, i'm not a huge fan of the overall performance of the powder. i did keep this though because it's good for travel and touch ups when applied carefully but i'm way more dependent on the loose powder which i have now repurchased 3 times. overall i recommend people try the loose powder before considering the pressed powder to get the full potential of the product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No