July 31, 2014 | 1002 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by BellaVespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone has basically described the scent so i wont go on about it. I like the scent and the bottle but i'm quite disappointed it didn't last long like all my other perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by GoldenSnowFairy

This is my all time favourite perfume. I have been wearing it for over two years now and am on my second bottle. Yes, i know it is crazy expensive but it is worth every penny. The scent is freaking amazing and i find myself constantly smelling my wrist when i wear this. It smells like straight up caramel but it also has something slightly fruity to it. But maybe that is just my body chemistry... I love that this is not a fake and headache-y scent. I am very picky about perfume and even though this is sweet it is not crazy sugary and heavy. I get compliments on how good i smell every time i wear this perfume.
It is a subtle perfume (meaning it does not hit people in the face from across the room) but the staying power is pretty good. I usually do not have to re-apply it throughout the day.
The only reason i gave this perfume 4 stars instead of 5 is the packaging. I dont really like traveling with it or even putting it in my handbag because the head breaks off easily and i do not want the perfume to leak. But i do think it looks pretty cute :)
Now that fall is approaching, i am going to start wearing it again (i only wear this in the colder months, in the summer i prefer body spray) because it is a very cozy scent and i can not get enough of it! If you want to splurge on a good perfume and you love caramel, i highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by DesPi1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely adore this scent!Not for everyday though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Musk, Caramel & Benzoin at a ridiculous price. Absolutely no benzoin or musk came out, but some sweetness did for a brief moment before it dissipated into thin air. Prada Candy seemed more like a body spray than a perfume for me. Packaging is cute and appealing for a certain demographic, and many enjoy this fragrance. It just doesn't work with my chemistry for it's longevity or mix. I feel there are many other gourmands on the market that are far better mixes to choose from whether on the low-end or high-end that will give you more bang for your buck.
There are only three notes to this fragrance: Top Note: Musk. Middle Note: Benzoin. Base Note: Caramel.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

THIS PERFUME IS AMAZING, IT SMELLS SWEET AND ITS PERFECT FOR ME, I ALREADY FINISHED ONE BOTTLE AND NOW THE SECOND BOTTLE IS ABOUT TO RUN OUT, FOR ME THIS PERFUME IS THE BEST AND I GET COMPLEMENTS FROM EVERYONE ABOUT HOW GREAT IT SMELLS AND THAT IT FITS MY PERSIONALITY REALLY WELL.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I wore my Prada Candy EDP yesterday and wondered why I don't wear it more. It's a caramelly resiny vanilla -- sweet but not too sweet. It's really very good and exactly the type I favor -- oriental woody vanillas -- so I thought, "why don't I wear this more often?".

And then I realized -- it's the name! I wish they hadn't named it Candy. Yes, it's sweet, but it's not like you're actually wearing candy. It's a bit like Jessica Simpson's Fancy, which is also caramelly -- only Candy is deeper, more woody. The benzoin note counterbalances the caramel and adds some oomph, depth, and interest. It's more mature to me than other vanillas -- more of a woody vanilla. I'm going to wear it more often and try to forget its rather misleading name.

Here are the notes, per sephora.com:
- Caramel, Musk, Vanilla, Benzoin.

Once when I was wearing Prada Candy, one of my coworkers came up to me (immediately) and said, "I never do this, but can you tell me what you're wearing?". I've worked with her for over 20 years, I rotate my perfume almost daily, and the first day I wore Candy to work has been the *only* time this particular coworker (a 50-yr-old woman) has liked my perfume enough to ask its name.

Others in this category (to my nose): Jessica Simpson Fancy, Guess by Marciano, Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, Escada Collection (now d/c'd), Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber, and the Bath & Body Works Limited Edition "Aspen Caramel Woods" that came out at Christmas 2013.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried to like it, just do not care for it. I don't love, like or hate it. The scent or the bottle. Bit too sweet for my taste, which is expected given the name! The name says it all, smells like syrupy, sweet candy in a bottle, a more grown-up version of kiddie sprays. There's not really a whole lot of Prada scents I do love, but I actually do love Luna Rossa.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Bettyboo1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as a gift and wasn't sure if I would like it and it would be too young. However it is gorgeous and although fruity it has a sexy musky undertone. I have loads of compliements when i wear this, especially from the Men.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like several of Prada's fragrances and am a fan of sweet and gourmand scents, but Prada Candy falls into 'just okay' for me.
It smells like caramel squares that have been spritzed with a bit of a musky perfume and then dusted with baby powder. It doesn't have a ton of throw, but it is noticeable and it does last around 8 hours on my skin.
I don't find it offensive, but I don't really like the powdery edge to it and I find it to be too simple & somewhat bland overall (though it is better layered with other fragrances).
I got a deluxe sample bottle of this for free and wear it sometimes layered with other scents, but I wouldn't pay for a bottle and don't plan on repurchasing if I ever do manage to use up my little 15ml size.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sareybeary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smells wonderful, but the scent just does not last. I rarely splurge for expensive perfumes, so it's a disappointment. I bought my bottle about a month ago and it's already 50% gone. (I do wear it daily, but end up spraying about 4 good sprays before I actually get a good whiff!)