Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush

4.5

on 6/11/2013 10:07:00 PM

There's not much positives I can write about this brush. I don't like that it's extremely hard to clean since it clings onto my foundation and takes forever to dry. During the winter my skin can get pretty flaky, and the few times I've used this brush to buff my foundation on, it makes my skin look flakier. I don't seem to have that problem with my Sigma brushes at all. For $30 you can get nearly two Sigma brushes that work a lot better.

on 6/9/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this brush about a year ago and to be honest I hardly ever use it. It's just too small for an everyday morning make-up routine. Yes, you can use it for that if that's the only brush in your collection but that's not the case for me. The only thing I do use it for (rarely though) is to blend my under eye concealer. Oh, and I do use it to apply me cream blushes, but I rarely use them. For the rest... it's a good brush but I much prefer my beloved sigma F80, which is somewhat bigger. What I do like about this Shiseido brush is its short handle. I tend to hit my mirror with my brushes with longer handles a lot :)

on 6/9/2013 4:01:00 PM

I don't understand all the good reviews for this brush. I bought it for both liquid and powder foundation. Did not work on either ! Brush is too small and too dense. Not sure why it's getting such good reviews. Did nothing for me - actually the worst foundation brush I've ever used.

i love this brush! i was a little hesitant at first to buy this, but i kept eyeing it in store and online so i decided to finally purchase it. i was expecting a larger brush, but the size is great for under the eyes and the nose area. i use this brush to apply a liquid foundation

on 5/13/2013 5:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this brush. I use this brush on days when I want a good coverage. The great thing is that it makes light coverage foundation, heavy coverage. It's because the bristles are very dense. I would never apply Estée Lauder double wear with this brush because it is already full coverage. I would rather apply light coverage foundation with this brush. This brush doesn't shed which is a plus. The only thing that irritates me sometimes is cleaning this brush. The brush is hard to clean, it will take u some time. Highly recommended!

on 5/6/2013 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Love this brush. I love how it applies foundation flawlessly even with light/medium coverage foundation. The brush is very small so it can get into small areas easily. The only thing I don't like is that the handle is a bit too short. Dior has a foundation brush like this, but the handle is longer and the price is a lot more expensive. That's why I decided to purchase Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush, and I don't regret buying this.

on 4/28/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I had a coupon, first i thought it was such a waste of money because it costs €30 for a single brush. I could've bought a set of decent eco Tools brushes with the money. But i was wrong. Best brush I ever had in my life and definitely recommending it to my girlfriends. it blends my color correcting concealer perfectly (unlike other brushes which sort of leave a patch in my skin, making it an eyesore), works best with cream concealer/foundation. this brush is my best splurge ever.

on 4/28/2013 10:03:00 AM

I had already owned a similar brush prior to this one - the Bubbi HD Flawless (HDF). I noticed that it had the same concept as the SPF (Shiseido Perfect Foundation) so I went for the cheaper option. After two years of using that, it never fully lived up to my expectations - it was called "HD Flawless" after all, so I decided to try the SPF.

When I first got it, it was a lot smaller than I expected, only measuring about 12cm in length (which is really travel friendly). I've been using this for about 2 months and I am still astonished at the results this little thing produces! I think the secret is that it has really fine, tightly packed dense bristles that allows foundation to reach every pore and millimeter of our face.

Definitely recommended x

on 4/14/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush was a lot smaller than expected. It is about 15 cm long (including the handle) and the brush itself is a littler smaller than 2cm in diameter. I'd have to say this brush is way too small for a foundation brush but it works great as a concealing brush or for any cream products. This brush is very dense and has a significant better quality difference to e.g: e.l.f brushes so it is worth $60AUD however i wouldn't purchase this brush again. Washing this brush has no shredding and no issues either, the handle made is very sleek and clean which i like.

on 4/13/2013 7:55:00 PM

I see alot of people crazy over this brush and das why i bought it...but after using it few days i dun think it suits my purpose.......first of all......the brush is very small so it takes double the time to apply foundation all over ur face instead of using my hand.....another thing is the density being to packed and almost hard........it's pulling and tucking the skin on my face alot which is not beneficial to your skin over along period of time specially around ur eye areas.......also due to my sensitive skin type....all the fictions are quite harsh and irritative...........and last thing which bothers me the most is the maintenance needed for this brush........it takes long time to wash off liquid foundation throughly from all the bristles while being so dense.........and after u finally get it completely clean, it takes forever to dry up (10+ hrs) ......it's just so inconvenient and doesn't do anything for me.........

Video Reviews & Tutorials