April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Amolly

I had already owned a similar brush prior to this one - the Bubbi HD Flawless (HDF). I noticed that it had the same concept as the SPF (Shiseido Perfect Foundation) so I went for the cheaper option. After two years of using that, it never fully lived up to my expectations - it was called "HD Flawless" after all, so I decided to try the SPF.

When I first got it, it was a lot smaller than I expected, only measuring about 12cm in length (which is really travel friendly). I've been using this for about 2 months and I am still astonished at the results this little thing produces! I think the secret is that it has really fine, tightly packed dense bristles that allows foundation to reach every pore and millimeter of our face.

Definitely recommended x

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by sug4rush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This brush was a lot smaller than expected. It is about 15 cm long (including the handle) and the brush itself is a littler smaller than 2cm in diameter. I'd have to say this brush is way too small for a foundation brush but it works great as a concealing brush or for any cream products. This brush is very dense and has a significant better quality difference to e.g: e.l.f brushes so it is worth $60AUD however i wouldn't purchase this brush again. Washing this brush has no shredding and no issues either, the handle made is very sleek and clean which i like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I see alot of people crazy over this brush and das why i bought it...but after using it few days i dun think it suits my purpose.......first of all......the brush is very small so it takes double the time to apply foundation all over ur face instead of using my hand.....another thing is the density being to packed and almost hard........it's pulling and tucking the skin on my face alot which is not beneficial to your skin over along period of time specially around ur eye areas.......also due to my sensitive skin type....all the fictions are quite harsh and irritative...........and last thing which bothers me the most is the maintenance needed for this brush........it takes long time to wash off liquid foundation throughly from all the bristles while being so dense.........and after u finally get it completely clean, it takes forever to dry up (10+ hrs) ......it's just so inconvenient and doesn't do anything for me.........

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I normally use my fingers to apply my foundation, as I haven't found a foundation brush that does a better job. I've heard a lot of great things about foundation brushes, and the shiseido brush in particular.
After purchasing, my first thought was how short the handle of the brush was. I would have preferred a longer handle for easier control.
I applied my maybelline liquid mousse foundation in blobs on my cheeks, forehead, chin and nose. I then used the brush to buff in the foundation. It took a long time to blend the foundation to my liking, and I had to pay extra attention to my pores as the brush didn't "hide" them very well. I also found I had to use twice as much product as I normally would, despite dabbing the brush in a tiny amount of moisturizer before hand. I have also tried this brush with guerlain lingerie de peau foundation with the same results.
Overall, I found the end result was similar to the result I get from just using my fingers, and it took 3 times longer to apply. I would much rather use this brush to blend the edges of the foundation as opposed to using it to apply and buff out the foundation. I guess I am still perplexed as to why people spend so much money on foundation brushes when using your fingers usually gives a much better or similar effect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

How amazing this brush is - transfer my low-medium coverage foundation to flawless full coverage foundation - well almost!

used Amarni and Stila and Dior foundation before -nothing compares to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by clemon

Where should I even begin? It is AWESOME! Not only it applies my foundations beautifully, it doubles as a concealer brush because it's so small. I now have two of these, one for blending out highlight and one for the contour shade (i use cream concealers). I also love the size--it's so compact that it's perfect to travel with. One little complaint is that since the hair is so dense, it takes a long time to dry after washing. But then again, the dense hair is what makes it so great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw Daisynation, a youtube "guru" use this brush and praise it to the heavens for applying foundation and so I just had to check it out. I was surprised to learn that in Canada, it's actually not "that" expensive. Because Shopper's Drug Mart had their "bonus points redemption", I got this with my points so it was actually "free" though I think the retail price is $38 CDN, which really is not all that bad for a great quality brush.

Now, I have a lot of foundation brushes and applicators that I REALLY like - Sephora's #55 Professional, 3 different (and all excellent) Real Techniques brushes, a MAC 130, as well as the original Beauty Blender sponge and the Avon version. All of these are excellent tools for applying foundation but I have to say that when I used this Shiseido brush yesterday, I was blown away by how beautifully it applied my Clarins Skin Illusion foundation. I have redness and broken capillaries on the tip of my nose and they are very hard to cover effectively, even with concealer but this brush did the trick and gave my whole face an absolutely flawless, velvety look. No shedding, no streaking - just perfection!

The brush almost like an angled kabuki - it's dense and, as some have mentioned, small, but I find the small size to be a plus as it means I can get into all the areas of my face (under eyes, around nose) with ease and precision. This brush also has quite a short, stubby handle and for someone shortsighted, as I am, this is an added bonus as I'm not constantly banging the handle on my mirror as I get up close to apply product.

There is a reason this brush as such a high rating. It is among the very best brushes I've ever used.

UPDATE: Oct. 30/2013: I just got another one of these brushes in a special value gift bag when I bought Shiseido Sheer and Perfect foundation and I am so happy to have 2 of these now so I have one to use whilst the other one is drying. Honestly, as much as I love my Real Techniques brushes (and they are an amazing value) and some of the pricey brushes I have from MAC and Sephora, nothing tops this brush for me. When I really need to count on my foundation looking perfect, THIS brush is what I rely on.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I saw this brush for the first time I thought there must have been some kind of mistake made in my order. This thing is so small. A little stubby, more suitable for travel. Regardless of its size, it does a terrific job.

No shedding and it performs a admirably at applying certain types of foundations. I say this because I have a couple of whipped type foundations that don't work well with this brush. I use a sponge for those. I'll say this, I've got a lot foundation brushes/applicators including: Bobbi Brown, Giorgio Armani, Mac, Smashbox, Sigma, Laura Mercier, Beauty Blender, Koh Gen Do, & MFU, and this one is my favorite so far.

Only thing I'm wondering about is why it's so small. I did notice that the size does give me some advantage in applying around my nose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a difference this baby makes! Much better coverage from the same (powder) foundation, much better blending and a much more natural look, even with the greater coverage. It's smaller than my other foundation brushes, which means it's easier to work the corners with, it makes me take greater care and have greater attention to detail, and it feels kind of luxurious to be that careful about my foundation rather than just whipping it on and done.

Also, I've never been able to escape flakiness and clumping around my eyebrows and in the corners of my nose when applying foundation, powder, mousse or liquid, but this does the trick. And it's so soft and nice and lovely on the skin.

Love it, WELL worth the investment, if you have the room in your budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by JohannGo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh my god! This foundation brush is absolutely AMAZING! No matter how bad you are at applying foundation, this brush seems to fix that by distributing the product evenly throughout the skin on all surfaces.

I thoroughly recommend this brush to makeup fanatics. It may be expensive but the price is SO worth it!