Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush

4.5

on 7/6/2013 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having used (infrequently) those flat paddle-like foundation brushes I didn't see any need for another one. But the reviews convinced me to try this out. It makes a phenomenal difference in the finish of my foundation unlike the others that only served to swish it around my skin. The shape, cut an density of this pushes the product into crevices and pores while simultaneously buffing. I wish I had this years ago. Comments on the smallness seem strange because it is just different and if you want something the size of a housepaint brush then use that. We are apply makeup to our faces ladies not painting a barn! Because it is so very dense it has to be washed and rinsed a few times after use to get the product out and it does take longer to dry. This even creates a smoother less detectable finish for my undereye concealer. A very worthwhile investment at $30.

This is my favorite brush for applying foundation. I've only used it with liquid foundations, but it works like a dream. My foundation always looks flawless thanks to this little brush, and I no longer have to deal with the constant shedding I experienced with my MAC 187. This brush doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is a huge plus (I often have this issue with other brushes). When applying foundation with this brush, my pores completely disappear... not the case with my other brushes. I don't mind the size, and I actually prefer it over the typical longer brushes.

on 6/16/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this brush after reading some rave reviews, but after using it for a little over a week, I can't say I'm that impressed. I don't think it's any better than Real Techniques stipple brush. Why pay 3x the price for a Shiseido brush when you can get a brush which works just as well for $9. In addition, the RT brush is easier to use because it has a longer handle.

on 6/13/2013 2:02:00 PM

When I first got this brush, I was using as much foundation as I always did (like a full pump out of my MAC bottle) and I wasn't that impressed with the results. Streaky, too much...very similar to using my fingers. But I finally caught on that you need to use less product with a brush...in fact, that's one of the benefits. Now I get a very natural look, but just as much coverage. I don't know how that's possible but I guess that's the magic of proper tools.

It can leave small streaks here & there. I just lightly buff them with my fingertip. Bonus: painting my face with this brush is super fun!

on 6/11/2013 10:07:00 PM

There's not much positives I can write about this brush. I don't like that it's extremely hard to clean since it clings onto my foundation and takes forever to dry. During the winter my skin can get pretty flaky, and the few times I've used this brush to buff my foundation on, it makes my skin look flakier. I don't seem to have that problem with my Sigma brushes at all. For $30 you can get nearly two Sigma brushes that work a lot better.

on 6/9/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this brush about a year ago and to be honest I hardly ever use it. It's just too small for an everyday morning make-up routine. Yes, you can use it for that if that's the only brush in your collection but that's not the case for me. The only thing I do use it for (rarely though) is to blend my under eye concealer. Oh, and I do use it to apply me cream blushes, but I rarely use them. For the rest... it's a good brush but I much prefer my beloved sigma F80, which is somewhat bigger. What I do like about this Shiseido brush is its short handle. I tend to hit my mirror with my brushes with longer handles a lot :)

on 6/9/2013 4:01:00 PM

I don't understand all the good reviews for this brush. I bought it for both liquid and powder foundation. Did not work on either ! Brush is too small and too dense. Not sure why it's getting such good reviews. Did nothing for me - actually the worst foundation brush I've ever used.

i love this brush! i was a little hesitant at first to buy this, but i kept eyeing it in store and online so i decided to finally purchase it. i was expecting a larger brush, but the size is great for under the eyes and the nose area. i use this brush to apply a liquid foundation

on 5/13/2013 5:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this brush. I use this brush on days when I want a good coverage. The great thing is that it makes light coverage foundation, heavy coverage. It's because the bristles are very dense. I would never apply Estée Lauder double wear with this brush because it is already full coverage. I would rather apply light coverage foundation with this brush. This brush doesn't shed which is a plus. The only thing that irritates me sometimes is cleaning this brush. The brush is hard to clean, it will take u some time. Highly recommended!

on 5/6/2013 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Love this brush. I love how it applies foundation flawlessly even with light/medium coverage foundation. The brush is very small so it can get into small areas easily. The only thing I don't like is that the handle is a bit too short. Dior has a foundation brush like this, but the handle is longer and the price is a lot more expensive. That's why I decided to purchase Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush, and I don't regret buying this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials