Redken Rewind 06 styling paste texturizing hair paste

4.2

on 1/9/2006 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If you have fine hair in a short crop, this is NOT for you. My stylist talked me into getting this, claiming it would allow me to replicate her styling when I got home. Tried it every which-way, but no good results. I've tried quite a few pastes, putties, and pomades. This one is kinda interesting because of the "fibers" (long, thread-like strands you can tease between your fingers). Used lightly, it is invisible and stops frizzies. But if your hair is short, anywhere you apply this stuff is going to be close to your scalp, and therefore too warm for this to anything other than melt and weigh hair down. It may work better on long straight hair. But I think there are other products that do the same thing better, like Fudge Hair Putty.

on 8/21/2005 10:44:00 PM

I got this in a swap, but I won't repurchase. It doesn't work on my hair. I have a short, razored style, and I was looking for a product to make it look piecy and flip out the ends. This isn't it. This product doesn't work as a wax or pomade. It has minimal hold -- more just for body like a mousse. Right now I am just trying to use up the tub by applying it to wet hair before I blowdry to give it some body, then I still need another product to make my hair "stay" and be piecy. The smell of this reminds me of cheap men's cologne, and I'm really tired of it. I think this product is way overpriced for not appearing to do very much.

on 7/15/2005 6:44:00 AM

This stuff is amazing! It makes my hair look "finished", smooths frizzies, gives volume, and best of all, doesn't flake off at all! I've strayed to try other, cheaper styling products, and nothing compares. My husband even uses it too, now! It seems expensive at first, but you only use a tiny, tiny bit (too much makes you greasy), so it lasts for a long time.

on 5/6/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I liked the results I got--at first. But if my hair wasn't quite right, unlike what the Redken stylist told me, I couldn't just rewet it and go from there. I had to rewash/condition and start completely over. Too often, it wasn't right, so I actually dreaded using it.

on 2/24/2005 4:15:00 PM

I LOVE Rewind. I've been using it for 2 years and it's the only styling product I use. I can't stand having hard or sticky hair, and this product is truly the only one I've used that doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. It was great for keeping my wavy hair where it was supposed to be when I got a short cut, and now as my hair grows out, it's good for smoothing down frizzies and generally making the texture nicer. I like the scent, but after using it for so long, I'm starting to get tired of it. Fortunately, the scent is light, unlike a lot of products, so it's not that obtrusive. I emulsify it a little in my hands and then spread it evenly through my shoulder-length hair for a sleeker, shinier look. It's also good for keeping my ponytail neat. In the 2 years I've been using it, I've only gone through 2 or 3 tubs of it, so really it's a pretty good price.

on 2/14/2005 6:03:00 AM

This stuff runs the fine line between paste and wax, and for that, it's a godsend! It doesn't even make your hair sticky! That's right..it defines, texturizes, and adds shine without the sticky icky. My only qualm is that it smells like crap and is a bit pricey, but you can't have everything, eh?

on 1/9/2005 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have short hair and this product gives me a lot of texture, shine and volume. I use it together with Rough Paste. The combination creates perfect spiky effect which lasts until bed time. Awesome.

on 12/2/2004 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I won this in a contest, and feel like I hit the jackpot. This is like a mousse/gel/hairspray combo that doesn't require further styling nor hairblowing. You just set it in, your hair cooperates, nothing shows... it's beyond fabulous.
Only problem is w/ the packaging. It comes in a jar and tends to settle oddly depending on where you place it. Would much rather see a smaller jar or tube.

on 11/5/2004 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product and have been using it for a few years. Rewind gives your hair texture and shine and lets you put pieces or sections where you want them without feeling heavy or weighed down. I have tried other pastes/waxes, but this is the best for me. Not expensive when you consider the jar lasts for months. Love it!!!

on 10/3/2004 5:26:00 PM

This stuff is awesome for giving texture. I moved to this from 'Rough Paste' as my hair continued to grow out. Although I'm getting longer now, it's still great for piecey- texturing and definition.