November 23, 2014 | 2076 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by zandrews

I'm a huge fan of benefit. I use their they're real mascara all.the time and it's AMAZING but was sorely disappointed by watts up. I have combination skin so would be pretty oily in the tzone area and I bought this product after hearing rave reviews about it. Bought it straight away and tried it before work. put it on after my my makeup on my cheekbones, brow bones and nose and within about 2 hours my face was completely dry and cracked in the areas where I put this product. DEVASTATED.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I think this is pretty expensive for what it is: a stick highlighter. You're paying $30 for .33oz. Luckily I got the little sample size for my birthday from Sephora. I tried to like it but it just didn't work out for me. I didn't like that I had to search my stash for a sponge to blend this out. I had issues with it blending out and it just looked off (very obvious I was highlighting where it was).

I currently use Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki ($9 for .44oz). It lasts a lot longer and I have so many brushes I can quickly use with it. It blends out nicely and looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a lot of makeup from Sephora and unfortunately I did not know how to use them wasting money. I got this as a gift from buying at the store and thought to myself what the hell is this for and put in my pile of makeup. I just started watching tutorials of makeup and thought now I need to buy a highlighter to go with my bronzer and blush may be the stick from benefit may work so I went to Walmart bought the wet and wild Bronzer ticket to brazil and wow my face looked so radiant I cant wait to try Nars Albatross. Never going out again without wearing bronzer or highlighter. I will definitely buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Jenalearnsmakeup

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gives a celebrity glow on the cheek bones, think JLO. It looks better than the powder highlighters on me. This is a gold, cream highlighter. There is a LOT of product so it will last a long time. The sponge applicator on the opposite end works well to keep the product off my hands since I don't have to use my fingers to blend.

My boyfriend thinks this is so sexy, and I find men compliment the glow on my cheeks more than women do! LOL. Love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by blackmadz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually used this as a base for eyeshadow as well, and it works great! The shadow sticks very well to the highlighter and my eyes look great throughout the school and work day. The product is semi-expensive so the fact that you can get two different uses out of it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I absolutely love this highlighter!

Texture & Application: so Watt's Up comes in the stick form, which actually comes quite in handy when you want to have that quick application. It applies very smoothly and is very easy to blend (I use either my fingers to do it, or my buffing brush for foundation - never use the sponge that this product comes with)

Effect: so you have that nice champagne glow to your skin. Watt's Up doesn't look too silvery or gold - it is your perfect in-between shade. You apply this generally everywhere where you need some highlight and glow to your skin!

Longevity: lasts all day long, no need to re-apply (at least for me). I sometimes top it up with my Urban Decay Flushed Palette highlighting powder just for a more amplified look - but then again Watt's Up is pigmented enough to be easily worn on its own.

Packaging: is adorable "light-bulb" shape highlitgher! I love everything about it.

For more in-depth review and makeup tips head here:

I think this product would work great on light-medium skin tones. Not quite sure how it would look on deeper skin-shades though.

I see myself re-purchasing this highlighter again, but I don't think (with almost every day use) that I will run out of it anytime soon. It is a good investment

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by lysxinh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nothing really speacial about this. It's not pigmented enough for my fair skin, especially with makeup on. Whether I dab it over or under my mineral makeup, it seems very opaque. I try again with a bit more of the product but things are not improved much. I only find its packaging very lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by seristoff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! I do have a deeper skin tone, and this matches my skin tone and gives me the loveliest subtle glow! The texture is also very creamy and smooth! There is two problems with this highlighter. It isn't very long lasting, and the scent is something I wouldn't call Benefit worthy :( But either then that, this is a definitely a great highlighter that I recommend to buy! And yes, I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sephora birthday gift last year and so I think I've had sufficient time to test this to give it a review. First of all, the mini size is plenty! I don't think I'd need to purchase a full size for a long time, if I were to purchase it. I like the subtle sparkly shimmer this gives -- but you really have to rub it in. I prefer to rub the product on my fingers or back of the hand before applying it to the tops of my cheekbones. If I just swipe it from the stick -- it is more difficult to blend. I especially love this popped in the inner corner of my eyes, too. Honestly, I do like this, however, I know that Sonia Kashuk has a pretty exact dupe for this for about a third of the price. So, this is great, but I don't think I'd spend the money for a full size.