April 17, 2014 | 971 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Natureluxe mousse mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always on the hunt for awesome mascaras and for me the drugstore mascaras seem to be better then the high end mascaras. For me this is. I found this to be so much better then the Benefit They're Real that is the number 1 seller. I have not had much luck with natural mascaras, but found this to be such a great product. The brush looks like nothing special, but it seemed to be great at giving me length and volume. I do not like the scent - another reviewer mentioned liking it. I find icky smelling and I will not be sniffing it. I will defintely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by eyeofthetiger

I absolutely love trying new mascaras to find the perfect one! Im a makeup noob so i've tried nyc length mascara (tints lashes black), rimmel sexy curves waterproof (terrible spider lashes from fresh tube, ok older), maybelline lash stiletto waterproof (gives amazing length but also a weird bumpy texture to lashes), and maybelline one by one (does nothing special, weird texture again).
I did my research and found hollyannaeree's, pinkiecharm's, and clumps of mascara's reviews on this mascara. All of them were positive reviews. So i went out and picked one up. First of all, it smells soooo good! just like almond jello. But u can only smell it if you put your nose right up to it and give yourself a moustache. The brush is amazing too. It's a somewhat flexible rubber wand and looks like the covergirl lashblash wand but thinner with longer bristles. Personally I don't like fat brushes because I find them really hard to use. The formula itself is different, I guess mousse-like like they advertise but comes out on the wand like a normal mascara would. It's perfectly in the middle of wet and dry and is really black.
One coat will give you a really natural defined look but it's definitely buildable without getting clumps or a bumpy texture. I would not recommend it for volume lovers or length lovers but maybe for those who want a day look for school or work. It's a really good well rounded mascara but if you're looking for a BAM! drama mascara, this is not for you. But personally I think I just found my new favourite mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by heatherrose20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I typically am not a fan of extreme volume mascaras; I go for more of a natural look, and that's why I was drawn to this particular mascara, but it honestly was a big let down. Basically all it does is make your natural lashes look darker. This mascara is terrible for volume and length, even for a natural look. That being said, it does not weigh down the lashes at all and it actually separates them quite well, but I felt like I had to apply a ton of product to get any noticeable effect. Definitely will not repurchase. I didn't even finish the tube I bought, I just threw it out, and I have never just thrown out a tube of mascara that wasn't used up all the way or old, so that says something!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by aegriedl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this mascara! I was a bit hesitant to purchase a mascara that promised a "natural look", but I was far from disappointed after my initial use. I have this in "Very Black" and I am very impressed with the incredible length I get without any clumping or flaking. Personally, I always have an issue with mascara clumping in the corner of my eye (by my tear duct) and fortunately, I have not had this same issue with this mascara. The mousse formula is extremely lightweight and it hardly feels like anything is there; however, it does take about a minute for it to fully dry. When removing, a gentle soup with water is all one needs which is great because it will not cause eyelash loss. Also, the plastic brush is small which allows precision. The packaging is quite adorable with the green organic details. I love this product and I personally recommend it to everyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I heard about this mascara after watching Hollyannaree's review on it. Since it was a mousse formula, I wanted to give it a try. I hate this mascara!!!! It takes FOREVER to dry... AND it doesn't really do much for my lashes except cause them to lose a curl almost instantaneously. I like a really dramatic look so i always layer on different mascaras. This "formula" doesn't work with other mascaras. It's wet and gross. All i get is mascara transfer to my bottom lash line. BAD BAD BAD stuff...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Just bought my second one of these. I used to never wear mascara bc I felt that my lashes would thin out quickly from using any thing on them. The last few months I have been wearing it more and more because it just makes me look so much more awake. So I started looking for a more natural type of mascara that wouldnt be difficult to take off or take half of my already sparse eyelashes with it! I tried mineral fusion which is very good, but more of a typical mascara and physicians formula which is good also.
This covergirl natureluxe feels more "natural" than the supposed natural brands. I am shocked. I am an organic product junkie and usually dont go for the mass produced brands, but this one is a winner. Perfect mascara for everyday. It is not going to give you the longest, darkest lashes ever, but that is not what i am going for when picking my kids up from school! This just gives me my lashes, only better. I got the black brown for daytime everyday wear because i am pretty fair and have blonde hair. Love it. Does not make my eyes sticky and it has pretty good staying power, yet is easy to wash off with soap and water. Got my teenage daughter one also. Maybe she wont look like spider eyes going to school now like she does with her other mascara! If you are looking for an easy to wear, comfortable, and natural look mascara - you should definitely give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a normal mascara packaging, and it's light and wonderful! I really like it, it goes on smooth, is light and comfortable. It's not super special, but it's nice. It does it's job and acts like mascara, which it should! But it doesn't make your lashes super duper long. It's an everyday wear mascara and keeps your lashes at a normal to slightly long lash range and it's very light and nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by cindientes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara works pretty well. It isn't the best I've tried, but it does the job. It doesn't really smudge and looks very clean on? If that makes any sense. I probably wouldn't buy this mascara again just because I love trying different brands and experimenting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Directioner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: doesn't clump, lengthens lashes, feels light on my lashes, etc. :)
CONS: takes a while to dry :(
COMMENTS: Like I already said, it takes a while to dry, but that doesn't bother me, it's super lengthening and makesmy eyelashes touch my eyebrows! :) It feels light on my eyelashes too just like it says so I can't even tell I'm wearing it. And it doesn't clump at all, and has a really nice brush, one side has short bristles and one has long which I really like! I could say so much more good stuff about this mascara. I'm totaly in love with it! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Having sensitive eyes I decided to give this mascara a go. It doesn't irritate my eyes and it washes off easily. My only complaints are it clumps a bit and doesn't give much volume to my lashes. Overall I'd say this masacara is "okay", nothing special, but not bad either.