July 25, 2014 | 1763 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Maceydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a Lancome user and cant express how much I love Lancome hypnose star mascara but this stuff SUCKS!! I was soo excited to try it and I was so dissapointed, its so dry and it does close to nothing for my eyelashes, sucks but now I know!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Oui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

About Me:
-Wide Asian Eyes
-Average Thin Straight Lashes
-Normal Occasionally Dry Lids
The Product
Pros:
-Curls My Asian Lashes For Half A Day (to be fair, I don't use a lash curler)
-Doesn't Smudge (unless you squeeze your eyes really tightly)
-The Only Mascara That Looks Good On My Type Of Lashes
-No Clumping (I go up to 4 coats during the day)
-No Flakes
-No Raccoon Eyes Ever After 5 Hours of Intense Workouts
Cons:
-Doesn't Come In WaterProof (I really would like to swim in this)
Verdict:
Will be my third bottle. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl23

I got this mascara in the lancome show tube (the one with the little hearts on it).

Packaging: the white newly designed tube with the cute red hearts all over it, got me hooked.

Product: very wet, wand/brush needs to be wiped due to that it grabs a lot of product and it smudges, doesn't hold the doll effect for long (about half a work day) , but it gives a nice open
eye look that is needed in the morning, giving that
wide awake look that is needed. Smells nice too
and doesn't bother my eyes as it does to some
women.

Brush: very tricky to use. I am right handed and applying the product on my left eye can be awkward due to the cone shape of it, leaving my
inner corners untouched afraid of getting it on my
nose.

Overall, I think this mascara is good, but not
great. Its a bit of a splurge to get ($29.00 at
sephora) leaving me with lifted lashes with not so much length, which leaves me to think that the lifting effect is its only result. I think the they're real by benefit mascara is better than this cause it gives me superior length and I love a dramatic look when it comes to my mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by LucyElise1

I really do like this mascara! It looks just as good at the end of the day as it does when you apply it. I love the wand; the shape is so convenient for getting every lash, and it really combs the product flawlessly from root to tip. This is also the only mascara I have ever found that looks AMAZING on the lower lashes. Anything else looks clumpy or spidery or too thick, but this looks like perfect little "doll lashes"! This mascara lives up to its name. My new favorite (over BeneFit They're Real Beyond Mascara, which I like to use on the roots for density with this LancĂ´me one). Definitely will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is really clumpy, smudges terribly, grey not black, and super expensive. I don't recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by MedGirl17

Absolutely loved this product, I will always go back to it!
I love the thick brush, it gives lots of volume without having to spend ages applying lots of coats.
Length-wise it's not the best I've ever used, but I prefer volume to length and it still gives decent length.
It can take a little while to dry in, but it never smudged and lasts all day. Highly recommended if, like me, you love voluminous eyelashes! Just a warning though, for some reason the first couple of times you use this mascara after you open it, you probably won't like it! It takes a couple of attempts to get used to the brush, but I promise it's worth it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Laughing010

With oily asian monolids and straight lashes, this mascara actually made my lashes curl a bit. I really liked the design of the brush, which almost looked like an upside-down christmas tree. It defined my lashes and made them curl but during the day I ended up with racoon eyes!!! And the mascara smelled pretty bad.

Overall, this mascara might work for people with eyelids that does not get oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by hazelbd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I needed a mascara. This was my first Lancome product, and I never knew how amazing the mascara lines are with Lancome. I would definitely would buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Lancome mascara. This is not a mascara I use on its own, but I always layer my mascaras anyway. I love this formulation for my last layer. It separates the lashes perfectly and still adds volume. I am already on my 3rd tube of this. I prefer this applicator to the Hypnose Star. The Star is a little flat. I also find this formulation a little wetter. The Star is drier;I don't like it as much.

The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because I don't like it on its own. It is definitely a great mascara, but one I layer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Useless, don't bother. Like others have mentioned, this is no better, actually it worse than a drugstore brand. Left my lashes very spidery and 'wet'. The brush is off too, could never get both lashes to look the same, maybe that's user error, but it never happens with other mascaras. Don't waste your money.