Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 2/18/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Crunchy, spindly lashes that don't have an even coat. This mascara adds some length and color, but it doesn't look natural, and it is not at all volumizing. Maybe if you are looking for a particular effect that doesn't involve volume, but otherwise, I would avoid this.

on 2/15/2014 1:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Dries really fast and isn't as effective as it claims.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm picky about mascaras. There are only two I use - the Mabelline yellow one, which I've been using for years (colossal volum express carbon) and now this, after I got it as a freebie at an event.

With most mascaras, it's hard to get proper application on the outer edges lashes, which is of course were you want the most! However, this product has a clever little conical brush which means you can get a good coating on those outer lashes, which really opens up your eyes and yes, gives a 'doll eyed' look. It's a great mascara to use when you're doing winged eyeliner too It's also really volumising and rarely smudges

I do feel, however, that mascaras are very personal and the results depend on your own lash type and layout

on 1/5/2014 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really disliked this mascara and I'm typically a Lancome mascara fan. My lashes are straight, short and probably average in thickness. Overall, this is a very "wet" mascara although according to some reviewers if you wait a month+, it dries nicely to a usable formula. For $27, I'm not waiting for it to work well!! My biggest problem w/ this mascara is the brush. I love a big thick brush but this one is super thick on 1 end and tapers down to thin & tiny on the opposite end (picture a cone shape). This brush is a great idea in theory but it just didn't work well for me. Too big on the thick end. I also found that Hypnose Doll Lashes did not lengthen much w/ 2 coats and added no volume (although I don't think it's a volume mascara so that's an unfair complaint). What it did do for me was clump. Clumps=deal killer, for me!

I have to add that, as another reviewer mentions, this mascara does have a distinct smell. It goes away but it's an unpleasant smell which is odd because I never noticed any unusual scents w/ any of Lancome's other mascaras.

Pros: packaging, very dark black color
Cons: messy application due to 1 huge end and a wet formulation, clumps galore, price, odd scent

on 12/22/2013 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

By far the best mascara I have ever used. One coat gives you beautifully separated, voluminous lashes. 2 coats gives amazing lashes that give me loads of compliments. It doesn't clump or smudge and stays on (and is soft) all day.

I've always liked Lancome mascaras. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to Lancome.

on 11/27/2013 7:58:00 PM

While I don't love this mascara, I really like it and like it better than the regular Hypnose. I wore this for my wedding. It lasts extremely well even all day and at the gym on lunch hours! It tends to get clumpy when being applied and I find this tube doesn't last as long as others I've had. It does give a beautiful look and really thickens. If you want a dramatic mascara for photos, this is it!

on 11/24/2013 7:30:00 PM

I decided to buy this instead of Definicils for a change, & because of the special packaging (Elbez blue & Black stars). I didn't like it for about the first 3-4 weeks, & then it just got wonderful. I like the shape of the wand; you can use the tip to apply product to the inner, smaller lashes, & then comb through the outer lashes really well with the thicker part of the wand, which creates the "doll" look. I loved it. This mascara stayed put all day-no smudging nor flaking. The wand feels a little thick so it takes a while to get used to it. I just threw it away after buying it in the beginning of September. I got a good month - six weeks of daily wear. Yep, I'd buy it again. The formula is thicker than Definicils, & definitely gives your lashes a lot of volume with no flaking, nor clumps. Lovely deep black as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dont buy it unless you dun have oily lids issue and have full lashes. This is a lengthening mascara that clumps. I have oily lids and have tried using this with mac primer. Smudges as well.

Without my mac primer, there is no volume at all. smudges
With my mac primer, it looks quite ok

under all conditions, if you dont powder your undereyelids, it smudges.

In a nut shell, buy other brands.

on 9/25/2013 4:05:00 PM

I am convinced that Lancome, Estee Lauder, and Clinique use a different formula in their samples than the ones for purchase to suck you in to buying it! Not really, but I find I will often love a sample mascara, buy it, and the one I buy doesn't seem to be the same quality as the sample.
This mascara worked fine for me, but no better or worse than any other mascaras that are a fraction of the price. Not worth the money and will not buy again.

on 9/25/2013 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Doll Eyes is my first Lancome mascara. I spent in the shop nearly 2 hours trying lots of different masacaras such as Diorshow, Dior New Look, Iconic (I don't like the brushes, too big or too small for me), YSL Faux Cills (I don't understand why so many people love it, doesn't work on me), Chanel Inimitable (good, but nothing extra superb for that price) and others. But Lancome fits me, especially Doll Eyes. I have dark, quite thick lashes, so all I want is curling and adding some more definition and lenght and Doll Eyes does all of that. I love the brush, which is very handy and useful. Colour is good, the packaging is sooo beautiful and I don't smell anything when using it. It is a great masacara for everyday use. I bought it half a year ago and it's still OK, but I think it's going to be empty soon. I want to try something else, but I will definitely repurchase once again.