September 20, 2014 | 1173 users online

Fragrances - Elie Saab-Le Parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by ScottishScentLover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Elie Saab is an edgy, classy but sassy scent with excellent staying power. I first smelt it in a magazine sample swab and it was love at first scent. Bought it immediately afterwards. It does start off sharp, but it very quickly settles down into a clean, crisp, white and green floral. Beautifully feminine and very sexy. I'd say it suits the more confident woman - shrinking violets look away now! The bottle is stunning as well. I can understand why some have given this a negative review, as it's one of those scents which (like Marmite) some will love and some will hate. I hate Marmite. I love Elie Saab.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a lovely warm, but elegant scent that could be worn both day/night. It's a rich full bodied perfume that opens with orange blossom and jasmine. As the scent develops, it smells a little sweeter (patchouli?) and finally finishes to a light cedar-wood scent that is ever-so-slightly spicy. If you don't like white florals (particularly jasmine), I would stay away from this. Very strong so only a few sprays is needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by praewap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was walking around a department store last year and got cornered by a sales person during their launch type activity. Being a perfume junky took a strip so i could have a little sniff. At first i hated it. My first impression was that it was too sharp, too much alcohol too much everything.

I was packing to move to england and somehow i ended up tucking it under my duvet. I was walking around the airport duty free waiting for my flight and another sales person handed me a strip of the perfume. I took it as reflex and once again didn't like it. I just threw this strip in my purse. I forgot about the strip until like 3 weeks later when i was cleaning out my bag. took it out and the perfume was so much softer, the jasmine mixed with what i thought was orange blossom and became this gorgeous scent. The dry down was not at all powdery at all, although it had totally different notes it somehow reminded me of miss dior cherie (the old version), my fav. perfume of all time. It's sweet, florally but strong yet not overpowering. From then on whenever i walk by this perfume in a department store or duty free i ask the SA to spray it on me. After the initial blast of crazy the scent is perfect.

Now the reason for my long story. I came back home from england after 4months..found the strip i got form the mall the VERY FIRST time. i sniffed it. It still had a pretty strong scent!!! for those that are doubting the staying power of this perfume, don't....two words...four months. that says it all. what perfume can beat that...getting a bottle at duty free next week.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The jasmine killed this one. Smells like bingo hall.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by annahch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this perfume. I was offered a tester by the lovely people at Barcelona airport duty free and had to buy it on the spot, it smelled like summer and reminded me of all the good times I had in the city. Whenever I wear it, people ask me what I'm wearing, and my mum actually bought some for herself and is a convert as well. I'm 24 and she's 59, so you could say that in my experience this perfume is universally popular.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by efmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a very large orange tree in my backyard, huge, and just before a storm or on a warm evening, the orange flowers give off a beautiful scent...and this is exactly what this fragrance smells like....so if you love orange blossom, this is for you!
I love this scent, not for 'all the time' wear, but when I feel like I want something different, girlie (in an adult way) and special!
It is great for hot days, 33 degrees Celcius today, and i don't feel as though this is too overpowering, Light Blue (D&G) would be heavier.
I adore the bottle, it is very elegant...staying power is pretty good, I have re-spritzed 5 hours later, because I needed another hit, but the fragrance was definitely still detectable.
I would buy this again, i only purchased a 30ml bottle, as the price was right up there, but i think 30ml will last me some time, one or two sprays is really enough.
Love It!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by HoNeYBuNc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I desperately wanted to like this because I thought it would wear just like Narciso Rodriguez's For Her. I couldn't have got it more wrong. Just a spritz and I got a headache, an upset stomach and had to wash it off really hard. I'm afraid this is one which I'm giving a miss...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by tinmac

I purchased the Elie Saab shower wash and perfumed body lotion duty free a few weeks ago. I often do this to be sure that I like the fragrance before splashing out on the perfume. I just love the fragrance, very subtle and although floral, it is not your usual flowery type of fragrance. I will certainly be buying the fragrance and this will be an all-time favourite of mine. The packaging is very smart and stylish..I love the colour of the box too!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by languagegames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The "three" is purely because I wouldn't wear this kind of scent myself- I'm not one for white floral scents. However, I am planning on going in with my brother to buy my mom a bottle for Christmas, because she would love it. Elie Saab is getting such a bad rap online! I'm not really sure why, because I think it's beautiful and well executed, especially in light of all the orange blossom scents on the market today. It's zingy and sparkly, but grounded in a calm woodsy base. I appreciate the fact that "rose honey" was used as opposed to rose, because if they had opted for a pure rose note (as found in Stella) it would have made the whole perfume heavy and dense. In all, definitely not a bad choice if you like pronounced orange blossom or jasmine!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Love orange blossom, hate jasmine. I gave this a 2 purely because the bottle is great and after a couple of hours (and some Advil) this fragrance isn't bad. Initially this is very sweet, so much so that it is an instant headache for me. I won't be wearing this one much and definitely won't buy again.