October 25, 2014 | 1625 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by unicr0nz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara I ever bought and I've run through plenty of tubes since! Of course I've tried other mascaras but this one is still definitely my favorite because it holds a curl beautifully (even after removal my lashes are still curled) despite having a rather wet formula. It really doesn't budge after it's dried, which is a necessity for me as a contact lens wearer.
This mascara defines, lengthens and thickens my lashes so well that I really have nothing more to ask from it! My lashes get separated perfectly because of the brush and my lashes are super noticeable and look great so I guess it's a false lash effect for me since they're pretty much invisible naturally, haha. Its drying time isn't too quick, so that if you get any on your eye, it can be removed with water and a q-tip shortly after application without any hassle.
I've noticed an issue with removal from other users of this mascara. I use the Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover and it gets it off in just a few gentle swipes without angst or tugging, so I'd recommend that if you like this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by alising3248

I actually really, really like this mascara.

It's definitely quite wet when you first open it, and it dries out considerably within a couple of weeks, but that never really affects the quality of the mascara, in my opinion.

It's a very rich black and I like the brush--not too big, but it is kind of a pain to do my lower lashes with it. It adds decent length and fantastic volume; I wish it were more lengthening, but I can live without that. It gives me nice fluttery lashes.

What I LOVE about this mascara is that it holds a curl magnificently. I am part Asian; I'm not complaining because my lashes aren't too short or sparse but they are stick-straight. The only problem I really have with mascaras is that they don't hold a curl. I think the Falsies makes a lovely base coat when layering mascaras, just because it holds a curl very well.

I do love dramatic lashes, and while the Falsies doesn't really give me as much "drama" as I want, I'm not sure any mascara can do that for me. Regardless, it makes my eyelashes look damn good--I guess this isn't an HG mascara, but I am very happy with it for now.

TL;DR: Dark, doesn't flake or smear, holds a curl. My lashes are lookin' good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another overhyped product. I know some bloggers/youtubers seem to love drugstore mascaras. But after trying high end mascaras (my favourites are Lancome and Clinique) as well as Japanese mascaras (e.g. Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl), I can't stand this mascara!!

It doesn't separate the lashes and make them long and luscious. It's a bit clumpy. It doesn't curl the lashes or make them longer.

I'm giving it 2 lippies rather than 1 only because I have unfortunately tried even worse mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by JennyNiemann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say that it does seem to make them longer. I went to my doctor today and she actually made a comment about how long my lashes were! As for the volume, I was expecting a bit more. 300% more lashes? Not really. So will the new Maybelline Falsies replace my beloved Loreal Voluminous……. I don’t think it will. Overall I think it is a great mascara! I do like the packaging, purple and teal, great combo! It does catch your eye when your strolling the cosmetic isles! You cant beat the price and it did actually work better than some of the other high end mascaras I’ve used. But I don’t think it lives up to the ads or what the website says.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Peridot31

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would buy this again, it is amazing, even though at shopko it has a low price, and all maybeline product s are buy one get one half off

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is my absolute favorite out of all the mascaras Iv owned! It gives eyelashes a long thick dramatic look and the curved brush really helps shape them and make them look fabulous! The packaging is so cute and it's not too bad for what they charge! If I had ONE complaint I would have to say you need to be careful with it drying out! If opened for too long, it tends to dry out quick! Besides that, I love this mascara and im never turning back!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Adelemuller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! I have very straight eyelashes that are a bitch to curl and with every other mascara the curl just drops. Not this one! Even if I don't curl my lashes this will add a bit of curl which I love. I use this mascara first to hold curl and add volume then use illegal lengths for length. It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This is one of the better mascaras I've tried. It's not as awesome as my HG, Mark's Lash All You Want, but that doesn't come in a waterproof variety, and I wanted a waterproof for summer and working out. No panda eye effect for me, just great lashes for 6-8 hours. I have the Very Black color, and it's a classic, simple black. Yesterday, I actually forgot to tightline until I had already put my mascara on, and my tightlining method is pretty hard on my lashes. Amazingly, I waited about three minutes, tightlined, and my mascara didn't move. I had a few black flakes on my hand, but none on my eye area. I also expect that I'll keep the brush because I think it's the best mascara brush I've ever used. I'll be looking into other colors of these when I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by brenicp13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is probably one of my all time favorites. Packaging is so cute and compact. Colors are pretty too! This mascara comes in a variety of colors ; black, brown, very black, charcoal, blue, etc. Cons: No bright colors on bottle. Pros: Doesn't smudge, REALLY waterproof, no clumps, Volumizing, and lengthening! If you dont have enough volume or length keep on layering it, and it still wont clump! Amazing Maybelline! Dont get rid o f this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I actually liked this more than the original Falsies Waterproof mascara. The formula is definitely drier than the original and the wand itself is bigger for the more "flared" look. It made my eyelashes look fuller and longer. HOWEVER, it is a smudge and flake fest. OMG at the end of the day, I had panda eyes and black flakes all over my cheeks. Big no no!!! Too bad this doesn't have the same waterproof and anti-flake properties as the original