Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 1/6/2015 9:59:00 PM

I had gone into Sephora to get color matched to a foundation (I am extremely fair), and when this popped up, I got excited. This foundation is very popular, so I was excited to see it would work for me. I instantly bought it. Now, I can't decide if I should return it for a different foundation or keep it and just deal with it. I really wanted to like this foundation, but there was NO coverage whatsoever. I felt like I was putting an extremely thick BB cream on my face. I tried different brushes, my beauty blender, but nothing worked. Yes, a little goes a long way, but this foundation is so thick, I feel like it clogs all my pores. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. While it didn't irritate my skin, it didn't last long on my face. And the color match? It turned orange on my skin by the second use. So much for looking great in the store.

To summarize, I would not repurchase this and I would not recommend it to a friend. Contemplating returning it to Sephora to try something else.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely not full coverage, if you are a double wear user this does not compare in regards to coverage! doesn't cover acne scarring or redness. A good concealer is a must with this foundation.
Looks great on people that already have relatively good skin to begin with, with not a lot of scarring or redness as it does even out the skin tone nicely.
As it is a mousse like consistency it doesn't work well for oily skinned girls.

on 1/4/2015 8:03:00 PM

Great coverage can go light too heavy lasts all day and night more than 12 hours more like 18 i use the medium honey too give me more color in my face and i love how it still looks natural a little pricey but worth the money

on 1/4/2015 12:05:00 PM

This foundation has very very good coverage. I have been using the same one for about 1 year. It's great & the matte finish is very beautiful and makes it much easier to apply your highlight, blush and bronzer. But, the one dissapointing thing about it is that once you start to be halfway done with this foundation, it gets very dry and starts to get very cakey when applied. I love it but I deffinetly recommend adding some coconut oil towards the end to keep it from drying out & looking too cakey!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I recently started branching out from my long time lover Makeup Forever HD foundation and decided, after doing some research, to try out Tarte's Amazonian clay foundation. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I like foundations that add a bit more coverage. I noticed that without proper moisturizing, this product creased and really clung onto the dry spots on my face. It dries fast so I had to work with it quickly. I found that using my fingers worked the best as the foundation is thick and needs a bit of warming up. Overall the coverage is good, it stays on and doesn't make my face oily throughout the day. I'm gonna try applying it with my beauty blender that I just got to see if that works better!

on 1/3/2015 3:21:00 PM

This is the best foundation I've ever used. A little goes a long way and i get the best results when using this foundation with tarte's buffer airbrush foundation brush. It's very smooth, full coverage and is the only foundation I've found to last the whole work day.

Don't take me wrong... this is a great formulated foundation, just not right for my skin type! I have tried different ways to apply it: over primer, over moisturizer, with highlighter.... and it turns out the same. My face looks like the Sahara desert, it emphasizes the lines I didn't knew I had LOL! it can be built up to full coverage and my sensitive skin appreciates the fact that it doesn't have parabens or irritants. Too bad! but off it goes.....

on 1/2/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Initially I loved this foundation!!! Everyone complimented me on how beautiful my makeup looked and I was excited. After 2 weeks of daily use I gave up on it. I would last a whole 2 hours and the oil on my face would seep right through. I had no trace of makeup by the time I would leave work. I was so disappointed because I loved the idea of clay helping my skin oiliness. The price was also a bit much therefore will not repurchase again.

on 1/1/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay I really wanted to like this foundation because I read some reviews and heard it had many great things for your skin in it and also that it was cruelty free (yay!) I also like to have a nice full flawless natural coverage, which I thought I would achieved from this foundation. I thought wrong. The coverage is more of a medium coverage that's not very buildable without it looking VERY cakey. Also, I have SUPER dry skin and I feel like this foundation made my skin even more dry (if that was even possible) and it clung to my dry patches SOOOOOO bad!! I'm pretty sure if someone with oily skin tried this it would be perfect for them because they wouldn't have to worry about dryness and the oil control is phenomenal (I get a bit shiny in between my brows). It also has very nice lasting power!! It just wasn't ideal for my dry skin.

on 1/1/2015 11:16:00 AM

When I sampled this on my hand at Ulta, it looked great. The minute I put it on my face when I got home, I knew I was going to be disappointed. The coverage wasn't very good, especially considering full coverage is in the name. I have very fair skin and large pores. This foundation settled into my pores right away, even though I use a primer, and caused dry patches around my nose and cheeks. I use natural oils (most often jojoba or grapeseed) to moisturize my face, which has dramatically improved my skin. It took a decade to realize that the reason my face would get so oily so fast wasn't because my face was naturally oily, but actually dry/dehydrated and my skin was simply over compensating by producing too much oil. I went from having to blot or powder my face every 30 minutes to being able to wait two or three hours, which is very impressive for me. With this foundation, it completely dried out my skin and was obvious I was wearing it. I had to go back to blotting every 30 minutes. It made my skin look both very dry and oily in the same areas and at the same time, which is not a good look. I couldn't set this or powder my face once without it looking cakey and drying it out even more.
I did realize a few days later though, it wasn't AS bad if I went a little light on this stuff but I personally need a heavier coverage due to my large pores, because I've yet to find a primer that completely evens out my face. Aloe vera has surprisingly worked the best so far.
I forgot to get a new foundation before New Year's Eve. Working 60 hour weeks made it hard to immediately take this stuff back. So I sent my husband to the Ulta to trade this in for another foundation I read about while I got ready. When he called to tell me they were already closed, I sent him to Target to get me the Revlon Color Stay instead, which is way better and cheaper than this stuff.
I'm sure this foundation would look great or at least decent if you already have great skin, on the oily side. Like I said, it looked great on my hand. But for me, this was not worth the money and even if it was cheaper, I still wouldn't buy it.
Fail.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom