Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 4/23/2015 12:05:00 AM

I fell in love with this foundation because my skin is very pink and it is very difficult to find foundations that do not look yellow on my skin. I was so excited because it was great coverage and my exact skin tone. I use to have terrible acne until I went on accutane for a year and my acne was completely gone, I could stick my face in a pan of grease and still have flawless skin- but this foundation gave both my sister and me terrible cystic acne. I am still grieving over this foundation ):

on 4/22/2015 12:43:00 AM

When I am not using my Merle Norman Lasting Foundation, I use this. I like that it provides SPF protection (which I wish was a bit higher), and the physical barrier sunscreen (vs. chemical barrier sunscreens in other products) doesn't break me out. Great coverage. Doesn't feel like a mask (as long as I use a light hand like I should). Just make sure you get someone who knows this product to color match you.

on 4/20/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the squeeze bottle. It gives me total control over the amount I need. This foundation is super thick but doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. Definitely not full coverage! Doesn't live up to that claim. It can definitely go beyond 12+ hours though.!it kept me matte, didn't smell horrible and felt natural on my a face. It's not my favorite foundation. I got it for the warmer months ahead to keep my matte. Hottest day so far was about 80 so far, it held up quite well. We've had some humid days already also and it held up nicely. I did need to touch up with my powder midday but not a lot. This foundation selection, in my opinion, runs a bit yellow. I got the shade Ivory because it was the closest to my skin tone (I'm cool toned) and the color is slightly off. It's blendable, but I can still tell the difference. if it holds up well, ill use it during the summer/spring months only. My HG will always be Lorac Natural Performance.

on 4/14/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you have oily skin... avoid this foundation!!!

I have been using this product for about two months now and am very disappointed. I had been looking for a full coverage, long lasting foundation for quite some time when I stumbled upon this Tarte foundation. I read reviews about it and watched videos in which people gave it very high ratings. I am sad to say that I highly disagree with them! Everything seemed fine when I first applied it, I was actually very impressed by the coverage. Although, I wouldn't call this a full coverage foundation, but it is definitely buildable!

Anyway, the real disappointment was about two hours into the day when I was basically really, really oily and clung to my dry spots making them extra flakey and the "full coverage" I had was not so "full coverage". Not to mention that this foundation also comes right off with the slightest touch to my face. It wouldn't have been that bad if I could just put on some powder and blot, but honestly it's like I had to completely redo my makeup to get the look that I wanted with it. It has great pigmentation and such but it does not last at all and feels really heavy if you choose to try and build it up.

I also have really acne prone skin but this foundation didn't seem to break me out anymore than usual so, that's sort of a plus.

on 4/13/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually purchased this foundation a while ago, but am just now writing a review. I went to Sephora looking for a full coverage, matte finish foundation. I spoke with a rep, she did the skin IQ thing, and this foundation was one of my matches. She said it was highly recommended for people with oily skin, which I have.

I was very disappointed with this foundation because for two main reasons. First, it did not stay matte on my skin. Honestly, after about two hours I was greasy and there was makeup separation on my nose and forehead. Second, it made me break out, especially on my cheeks. I think because the foundation itself is so heavy (it really does feel like a clay or thick mousse) it clogged my pores, causing the breakouts. I say these things after having used this foundation for about a month. I tried different application techniques ( brushes, beauty blender, etc), different primers and setting sprays and even no primer at all. Nothing seemed to help. It felt like $30+ dollars wasted to be honest.

Will not repurchase, will not recommend to people with oily/ acne prone skin.

on 4/10/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I did not break out from this product! I use this for when I need full coverage or I've got bad blemishes. A little of the product goes a long way, which I think is great because I get more value for my money. The formula is great, it doesn't slide off my face even when it gets oily. It's got a thick consistency which I'd say is pretty normal since this claims to be a medium to full coverage foundation. Considering it is on the thicker side, this does not feel heavy on my skin at all! Regarding the longevity of the product, I'd say the staying power is pretty good considering I live in a pretty humid area. I like that it has SPF too since I use this mostly during the day, I do not recommend using this for the evening or a night out since it may create a white cask under flash photography. Only thing I don't like about this product is since the consistency is so thick, it tends to be a little bit drying but it could be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how your skin is on that day.

on 4/7/2015 9:16:00 PM

I needed something more full coverage than the Tarte tinted primer, and found a perfect match to my skin tone in fair beige. I didn't like how thick it applied with just my fingers, so I bought an ecotools foundation brush and love it now! I just squeeze a small dollop on the back of my hand and use the brush to layer it on my face. It goes on very smooth and silky, and hardly needs buffing and doesn't have to be set with powder unless it is really humid outside.

I do get dry skin in the winter so if I don't use enough moisturizer before applying this, it can settle in the dry spots but is minimal. And while it hasn't caused any breakouts on my sensitive skin, I don't think the amazonian clay does anything special. It certainly feels nice, though!

on 4/5/2015 11:51:00 AM

Have been using this foundation on a daily basis for the past 10 months and its been my favorite foundation so far. Bought it out of desperation when I was having a bout of bad breakouts and I needed the extra coverage. It didn't make my breakouts worse and stayed in place so I didn't need to pile on more makeup during the day. Since then my skin has cleared up and I use much less of it now, buffing with a foundation brush (either Real Techniques or Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Brush). With a brush, the foundation doesn't get cakey and it doesn't seep into the fine lines around my mouth. The finish is quite natural and it also doesn't oxidize on my skin or become oily.

Overall, a lovely foundation that I reach for each morning and would repurchase when I finish the current tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wish I liked this product because it's the only foundation that has ever matched my fair skin PERFECTLY (fair sand, I believe) and it's a very reasonable price for the ounces you get. That being said, this foundation did not work well for me. The product clung for dear life onto my dry patches, and smeared away on my oily spots. The coverage was medium and got cakey VERY quickly if I tried to add a second thin layer for more coverage. I will not be keeping this.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I was gifted this, and in Light-Medium Beige it's a perfect match for my NC25 skin. It blends in nicely and gives decent coverage, but it is just SO DAMN THICK. I thought it would be good for my oily skin, and it does keep me matte, but lord that stuff is heavy feeling.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown