December 20, 2014 | 1815 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by mienelienable

Got this in a gift tracel kit and was very excited to try this. Goes on very nicely and gives a nice sheen but it doens't last on me at all. Gets very patchy during the day and this is the only foundation that does that on me. Would't recommend at all and i'm very happy i got to try it first!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, however, I feel like I cant wear it every day or my oily acne prone skin will get clogged. It has a light whipped texture and provides good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by nylarebecca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation I have oily acne prone skin and honestly this stuff is so nice. Excellent coverage light weight foam touch and goes on effortlessly used coverfx for years. I have tried tons of expensive concealers foundations. With this I dont even need concealer. Lastly I rearly break out thanks to this miracle. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by HRudow

I have the weirdest skin - oily t-zone, dry around my mouth & chin, normal on my cheeks and blemish prone all over. I'd been using BM foundation for forever and felt just okay about it, I really just kept using it out of convienence rather than because I really liked it. While waiting for a hair appointment, I decided to browse the local Sephora and found this foundation. Everyone raves about it so I figured I'd try it. I tried the sample in the store, liked it enough to purchase and then actually used it this morning. I get to work at 630AM and it never fails that by 9AM I can see the makeup sitting on top of my forhead and I'm all oily. However, this morning upon my usual inspection, I found that my makeup still looks natural, I'm not oily at all, and I actually look pleasant - which is a huge shocker with my usual lack of sleep. I used this foundation over Tarte's brightening primer and I think I've found a new makeup routine!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by jessae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. I'm pretty hard to please, foundation wise, and while this is not my HG, I definitely like it. It has an interesting, mousse-like texture, which gives a semi-matte finish. I do have dry skin, so I need to make sure I exfoliate and prime before this, but that's pretty much true for all foundations. I found a pretty perfect match in light-medium beige, which is nice for me because I almost never find foundations that aren't too yellow or orange for me, especially in the summer when I'm a little darker. I'm not pink, exactly, more of a... beige, I guess. :) This is medium to full coverage. I like to put it on with my fingers or the Japonesque BB/CC brush. This doesn't need a setting powder, and doesn't highlight pores or lines. Gives a nice, natural, even finish. Nice for daily wear. Oh, I think the packaging is cute and useful, and the price is a little high but you get nearly 2oz which is a lot more than most foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by trayholi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this foundation because it has such good ingredients! I have very sensitive skin prone to acne break outs, and my face becomes quite oily throughout the day and products tend to oxidise on me quite badly. This foundation has been great in that it has not broken me out AT ALL which is fantastic but it does not last long at all! And a little bit does not go a long way. I have gone through so much of it, using it most days for 1 month and its almost gone! So it is great for sensitive skin, but it definitely does not last 12 hours. I have tried using it with a mattifying primer and this doesn't seem to help either.

Overall, the foundation is very expensive ($54AUD) and although it is great for sensitive skin, it is not worth the price because a) it doesn't last long at all and b) it is terrible for oily skin. I'm going to be on the lookout for a new foundation that will keep my oily sections at bay, but won't break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by aylla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

In short:
Run away if you have oily skin or dry skin!
It becomes a mud in your oily zones.
It catches on all your dry skin and makes them look more prominent.
I never seen a foundation break me out so badly. It really enters the pores and clogs them.
Coverage is ok. It is not full coverage unless you really want your face look like it has a bunch of CLAY on top of it.
The selection of shades is small. And, even id you're a perfect color match, it simply does not look like skin.
Run from it. Go for Urban Decay (for light-to medium coverage) or Kat Von D (for light weight full coverage).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Amberrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to go for a change from my usual Revlon Colorstay whipped foundation and bought this pricey higher end foundation. I've heard lots of great things about this stuff, full coverage and super lasting... BULLSHIT. It was such a big mistake I've made. I had such high expectations for it and tried loving it but I just can't. I slabbed on this foundation layers and layers, trying to achieve that "full coverage" that so many girls raved about. NO. It doesn't give you a full coverage. Medium, at best. As a girl living in Singapore AND having oily skin, it's really difficult to find a foundation that'd hold up for the whole day. Needless to say, this foundation came sliding off my face in about 4 hour's time. I'd say my Revlon did a better job. The only good thing about this foundation is that it doesn't look cakey no matter how much I layer it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Austinvargo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG. Usually liquid foundations break me out (I have tried Lancôme, Chanel, stila, every drug store brand) but this one did not! It is very full coverage too, but doesn't sit heavy on my face. Overall great product and although pricey, a little product will go a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cost 13 times as much as my Rimmel foundation so I really tried to love it. The color match (Light/medium sand) was lovely for my yellow toned skin, but it migrated into wrinkles I didn't know I had, pooled in pores, crept into crevices... Not pretty! I tried different primers, no primer, powders, etc. and couldn't make this wear well. My mom loves it on her dry skin though.