L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss

4.1

on 4/19/2012 5:27:00 PM

I had been thinking about getting this gloss ever since it first came out. Finally I decided to get it in two colors, Violet attitude and raspberry splash.

As another reviewer noted the gold writing on the packaging scratches off really fast which is disappointing because I don't like my makeup to look tatty especially after I've had it for less than a week. sigh.

Anyways the gloss itself is really great. I tried a few of the colors in the store and they range from almost totally clear (watermelon crush), to almost lipstick like, the two I got are really good medium transparency so you can do just a light application for a little bit of color or you can apply it more thickly for a more obvious glossy lip.

The gloss has kind of a vanilla/cake batter fragrance to it. It has a great creamy feel on your lips and is not sticky, it feels reasonably moisturizing compared to other lip glosses I have had.

Definitely recommend although its too bad about the packaging looking so old so fast.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been eyeing these glosses for a while, and decided to pick one up when my local walmart had them on sale. I got "Really Rose." I don't really gravitate towards sparkly glosses so this one was perfect. The smell is pleasant, and the packaging is quite nice. I always kind of see L'Oreal as the more high end looking of the DS brands. The color is nice, not too sheer not to opaque. Not sticky at all. I paid under 6$ for it also. A++

on 3/26/2012 4:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think I have this in Really Rose. I can't tell because the writing gets rubbed off really easily.

However, I really love the color of this gloss -- I call it "my-lips-but-better". The color seems natural and goes well with my NC30 skintone. The smell/taste can only be described as marshmallows or chocolate. Yummy, but I can see some people being turned off by the sweet flavour.

It lasted me quite a while before it ran out. I want to say about 6 months? And I used this everyday, needing to reapply after everytime I ate. It's a bit sticky and didn't provide me the best moisturization, which is my biggest gripe about this gloss. Don't get me wrong, there are worse ones out there but if this gave me Vaseline-moisturization-levels this would be 5 lippies for sure. During the end of the lip glosses' life it did become quite difficult to squeeze it out when it is obvious there is so much left! But no big deal.

Overall, I pretty much love this gloss -- the shade is a definite HG which is what will bring me back to it!!

on 3/16/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am actually really liking this lip gloss. I got it for free with my Ulta rewards and I am pleasantly surprised. I like it more than I thought I would. I bought it in peach fuzz, which in the tube looks like a scary coral-orange. But, I always expect lip gloss to wear much more sheer than they are in the tube. It wears to a nice coral color, though it's not too sheer. It lets your natural lip color peek through, and the gloss enhances it. It looks very nice, it has a nice shine and a nice constancy that actually adheres to the lips, it doesn't slide off like some do. Also, there is no describable taste or smell. I like the packaging too, for some reason I like lip gloss in a tube, it feels easier to me. I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/5/2012 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Despite the colors I have being somewhat deceiving (as in they go on the lips different from what they appear in the tube), these glosses are starting to grow on me. I chose the 2 darkest shades, Plum Rush & Mystic Mauve, as I like deep, sheer, berry-toned lipglosses. This is a nice gloss formula, moisturizing, non-sticky, with a pleasant vanilla-caramel scent & taste. Iíd compare the formula to the HIP Jelly Balms (total HG lip product), only thinner & packaged in a squeeze tube. Lasting power is decent, about 1-2 hours. Its slightly glossy, not super shiny, and seems to sink into my lips so its not drying as it wears off. You also get a generous amount (.40 oz) for the price, and the tube is slim & attractive.

My only complaint, really, is the actual shades. Plum Rush appears to be a deep, warm-ish plum in the tube, but it goes on my lips a much cooler, brighter, hot pink. Its pretty, but not really what I was expecting, as Iíd much prefer it to be deeper. Mystic Mauve is not mauve at all (neither in the tube nor on my lips). It appears to be a deep, creamy, brick-ish red. It goes on my lips a sheer, reddish-berry (similar to Clinique Black Honey in a gloss form). Its pretty & flattering, but I donít get any mauve tones, at all.

Bottom line, I do like these & would repurchase again, should I ever have the need, even if the shades werenít quite what I expected. I probably wonít try any other shades from this line, as the others seem to be lighter, shimmery shades which Iím not really into. I like the formula & packaging of these glosses (though I still prefer my beloved, but discontinued HIP Jelly Balms).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have two. One was ghalf off on a very (crucial important) sale in Walmart, so I got the colors in this exact lipgloss violet attitude, I put over my revlon liquid lipstick, and I baught the ravishing red, it comes out on your lips with great color. Your lips have a great high shine with this lipgloss. I am happy with these. And plus the tube lasts like forever and I'm happy with these lipglosses with that great deal. You really know that............

on 2/27/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I was hopeful that this lip gloss would be thick without being too sticky. This gloss is OK for my lips, it is fairly lightweight, and is not as thick as I had hoped. The color is awesome ( I forgot which I have but it is a coral color). However, the color on me seems to fade away after a short period of time. Due to my constantly dry lips, this gloss seems to crack and flake after a little while, causing me to reapply. The constant reapplication just causes gooey build up on the sides of my lips. Its a so so product for my personal needs but like I said, the colors are awesome!.

on 2/1/2012 4:12:00 PM

I really like these glosses: the colour payoff is good both alone and with lipstick, and they wear well on me as long as I'm eating or drinking moderately. I have 3 colours: golden splash, saucy mauve and plum rush. So far, saucy mauve is my favourite for wearing alone and golden splash is my favourite for layering with lipstick, especially reds.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Nothing exciting. I was really surprisingly unimpressed with this product. I have mine in "Chocolate Obsession" and it's just okay. It's not very chocolate toned though, It's more bronze with of course shimmer as it seems every freaking gloss now has. It glides smoothly on the lips, but there is no shine to it, it's very basic and dull. It's not gritty either, despite the shimmer. I was expecting something a little darker in color and great shine, but it doesn't payoff. As soon as I applied this, I knew exactly what this reminded me of unfortunately, "Maybelline ShineSensational lip gloss in 'Cocoa Fever'. I have already did a review on that and I was not impressed with that either. I swear it's an exact duplicate to it, they looked the same and feel almost the same. There is a nasty bitter after taste to the LeGloss though that is gag worthy. I also feel that this product is overpriced, but I find L'Oreal to be much more pricier than the regular drug store brand cosmetics, why I don't know. I found this at Walmart for almost $6 which is really too much for a gloss, call me cheap but whatever, it is overpriced. The only reason I got it is because I had a $3 off coupon, because I would not have dared to pay full price for it. I am not sure if I would want to try this in another shade. I may be returning this.

i got this in golden splash. and omgg i love this its not sticky, and its not sheer it has a nice peachy color. i wanna get moreee(:

Recommended for Medium Skin