October 24, 2014 | 1100 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Ha77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara. It is worth every penny to get the volume, length, and staying power this mascara gives me. It's rich black color looks great and the brush design coats every single lash without getting all over my face. No more raccoon eyes at the end of the day. It has held up under everything I've put it through: the beach, pool, afternoon naps, crying at weddings, etc. I end up with perfect looking mascara with no fall out or black eyes. In the end I have saved money by not needing to reapply or buy other mascaras for certain occasions. I will definitely keep buying this (I started with a sample and have bought several full size tubes).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Jojo2world

this mascara just make my lashes looks little bit fuller not too much...looks natural.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the sample of They're Real and unfortunately, it didn't live up to the hype for me. I tried it on the upper lashes, and I do think it defines the lashes to make them look darker and fuller but it does not hold a curl. And this girl, needs the curl! My lashes are back to looking droopy and straight within minutes.

I also put this on my lower lashes , where it did flake and smudge a bit. Not a huge complaint though. So to me, not a great mascara. Maybe a waterproof one would fair better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, I got it in the Rich is Back pallette/set. I don't use it everyday as it's a bit too expensive to repurchase. It really builds volume in my lashes and makes them look longer, the only thing I have found, is that it seems to smudge slightly during the day on the top of my eyes - near my eyebrow area (hope that makes sense!) Because of this I don't think it's going to become a staple in my makeup bag as it ruins my highlight eyeshadow :( I do really live the brush, it lets you get all lashes so I'll be keeping that to use in another mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by dakotac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like dramatic lashes. A lot. And to achieve my ideal lashes I require the use of two mascaras (this should be taken into consideration with this review). I wear Benefit's They're Real mascara over the top of Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Smoky Eyes Mascara. When just at home or going to the supermarket I will usually just wear it by itself and it still does a really good job.

The packaging of this product is super cute. I like the shape of it and also the font on it is really nice. The shiny metallic plastic makes it one of my nicer looking tubes of mascara: it is a lot more visually appealing than other high end mascaras i.e. MAC False Lashes. T The product is actually quite small, something I first noticed when I picked it up at the Benefit counter. I was expecting it to be larger for some reason I guess. he handle of the brush is round and comfortable in the hand. The brush bristles are plastic and spiky (you will not want to get this mascara in the eye). The thing I like most about this brush is that there are bristles right on the tip of the brush. If you dab off the collected product on the end, this makes it easy to perfectly get in the corner of the eye, something that I usually find that I struggle doing without getting mascara smudged over my perfected foundation and recently applied eyeshadow. The brush picks up the perfect amount of product (not too much, not too little). No product collects on the bristles, just at the tip. The consistency of the mascara isn't too wet, nor is it drying. The best way to describe the formula would be gel-like somehow. Worn alone, this mascara doesn't clump and makes your lashes look natural and long. There is some volume to this mascara, but if you want volume over length you should be looking elsewhere because this is not the mascara for that. When I wear this over another mascara, my lashes will look dramatic and clumpy (yesthis is a look I like and wear on almost a daily basis). I have naturally curled lashes but my mother doesn't and uses this product along with an eyelash curler, and has told me that it doesn't aid in holding a curl or even in curling the lashes on their own. The mascara is just black, not a dark blackest black or anything. Its barely darker than my natural eyelash colour. If you have pale lashes you would definitely like this product as it is a natural black colour. Lasting power is quite decent, it doesn't flake even when I sleep with it on (I know, I know, sleeping with my makeup on is bad for me/my skin/etc but you know what they say about bad habits). I paid AUD $38 for this at the Benefit counter at department store Myer. For some people this might be considered too expensive but if you think about it, its less than the price of two Revlon mascaras. I would definitely buy this product again, I think it has become a staple in my makeup bag and I don't think I could do my makeup without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by watercute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This didn't really live up to the hype. Not a bad mascara but there are loads of better ones for less money. Product is quite clumpy and hard to remove. I also noticed seems to make my lashes a bit thinner and in worse condition. I was bought this as a present so i'm reluctant to stop using it since I hate wasting things, but I wouldn't go buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

I thought this was okay until I tried Urban Decay's Perversion mascara, which kicks BeneFit's butt! This is not bad, but does tend to clump on me a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by bridgetcowles

I've previously said that the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara was my holy grail but I take that back.

I was given a small sample of this product when I purchased some other items from Benefit and I fell in love instantly.

This mascara does exactly what it says it's supposed to do and works really well on my lashes as they are already naturally long and thick.

The only downfall of this product is it's price (NZ $43) and it's availability (there's only one Benefit counter in NZ) so I have to buy it online and pay for shipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by kris11842

The best mascara I have tried so far, I purchased mine on this app on my phone, I wanted to try it first before getting one from Sephora so I bought it used, it is REALLY good and everything as described. This is great. Will definitely buy again. Makes lashes appear longer and adds length and volume. Awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by generouscat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't like this mascara. You'd think that with all the hype this mascara would be the one mascara that will change my life. No. This mascara makes my lashes clumpy and droopy and everything I don't expect coming from this product. I was told to apply it on clean lashes. And boy did I clean mine like I've never cleaned my lashes before. Pretty sure I've scrubbed half of my lashes. And it still didn't work. Now I know there's no such thing as perfect mascara that caters to everyone's needs, but with a price that goes that much I'm pretty sure I can demand a lot more. Good thing I decided to get the sampler size first. Sigh.