November 29, 2014 | 1137 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by cjmathis0821

I got this first as a sample and really loved what it did for my lashes and decided to purchase the full size as soon as it needed to be replaced. Once again with the full size loved what it did for my lashes but, I hated the wand. It was so uncomfortable to use. I felt like I was constantly poking my eye and pulling my lashes out. Also it smudged all under my lower lash line. I will not be repurchasing as I have a holy grail mascara that I constantly repurchase and love

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by kamiab

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of the for free at Sephora for a birthday gift. I've used this daily for a while and I think it's an ok mascara. When I applied another one coat after it dried, it got pretty clumpy. It gives decent length and volume without "crispy" lashes and I like that, however, it gets all over my lids and lower lash line. And I mean ALL OVER, especially my lower lash line. I have pretty oily lids so that's probably why, but I can't go a day wearing this without constantly trying to wipe it off my lower lash line and using a Q-tip to get it off my lids. I love the way it makes my lashes look, but the smudging is the main reason why I don't want to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

I got this add a free sample, so I really can't comment on the price.

I think this mascara is fairly decent. The application is fairly good, as it doesn't clump - I'm not left with spider lashes at the end. Although, I think the applicator plays a big part.
It stays put throughout the day, which is good.

If you're looking for a decent, high end mascara, this would be a good one to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

This is a good lengthening and volumizing mascara, but I wouldn't buy again for some major disadvantages. First it has no thickening, which I like so I'm left with long and thin lashes, but I can't take points off for that because it doesn't claim to thicken. The brush is really good at separating lashes, but for some reason they can still end up quite clumpy while you work on trying to get your eyes symmetrical. I feel like it's gotten a lot of buzz but it's not my cup of teal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by miellen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The best mascara I have ever used, hands down. The formula is not super wet, so it let's you build body to your lashes slowly without weighing them down. I tend to apply and brush out my lashes for a good minute per eye, to really separate the lashes. Total doll eye look. The formula doesn't clump, has minimal smudging, and holds my curl really well (I curl after I put on mascara). The brush is great too the end has little spikes all around, which is great for my lower lashes.

I haven't used Diorshow which I hear a lot of people talk about, but I've used Smashbox Full Exposure (meh), Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant (meh) and many drug store brands, and they don't even come close for me. The two negatives I have for They're Real is that it's a pain to remove... I often have to wash with cleanser twice to get all the mascara off my eyes/face, and the price. But it's worth it for such a great mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by starssparkles07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why so many people gave this mascara a low rating. It's most likely clumpy because you're not putting it on right.
This mascara is hands-down the BEST mascara I've ever used. And I've used a ton.

Pros:
- EXTREMELY lonnnng lashes
- The colour is so rich and dark
- separates lashes and never clumps ever
- so many people asked me about my "false eyelashes" they were so long!

Cons:
- pretty expensive, but well worth it.
- SOMETIMES hard to take off, but not really. Just the key is use WARM water, otherwise it becomes difficult

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Britishcrumpet

When I first opened the package I was suprised that the mascara wasn't very long, which made me think that there wasn't much product in it. However, I completely forgot about that once I put it on! I love this mascara, its perfect for my long (but thin) lashes. Definitely holds a curl all day, doesn't smudge and adds length. The mini brush at the end is genius! Would have liked more volume though which is why I've given it 4 lippies.
If you're looking for something dramatic I don't think this is for you; the colour is more of a really dark brown than a black and it gives you quite a natural look, which was exactly what I wanted. I also think that this mascara is definitely good for people with longer lashes. I'm not sure whether it would be very good for shorter lengths.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by kaylabrent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is THE best mascara on the market hands down. If you're looking for lengthening, no clump and perfect mascara, use this one. A little on the expensive side, but I swear by it. I don't know why it has so many bad reviews. Because it is expensive though, I like to put on my cheaper, drug store mascara first and use this one almost as a top coat to save the product. This method works great. Absolutely LOVE this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted so much to love this mascara. But I don't. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I just don't love it. I have rather long and thick lashes (lucky me!) but the tips are blond so they look pretty short without mascara. I prefer thick, full lashes to lots of length and They're Real is moderately lengthening and gives a fair amount of volume and fullness. I have no issues with clumping, even though I routinely layer 4 or 5 coats on. I also have no issues with smearing and flaking. I know many people complain of how hard it is to take off, it's really not that bad. You just need to use a good eye makeup remover. This is a solid performing mascara and it's only fault is that is doesn't give have quite enough oomph for the super dramatic look I usually go for. I will use up the tube I have but I doubt I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by amyvankirk

I really wanted to love this product but I am more of a fuller lashes kind of gal not a stringy spider lash type. The brush on this mascara does help to get all the small hairs but it doesnt plump them it more just defines them which is great for some but not me.