December 20, 2014 | 905 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by BeccaLynn1867

Best mascara I've ever used. Makes my eyelashes huge, dark, and very long. Amazing and worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Joline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first impression is very good. This mascara is one of the best I ever tried in terms of volume and length, no kidding, I never had longer and fuller lashes. I'm really very impressed and spidery lashes aren't an issue if I wipe off excess product with a kleenex.
As for tolerance, I have to say that I have very sensitive eyes and the area around them is prone to itching exzema. Up to now everything is OK but I think I have to wait and use it a little bit longer before giving a final rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by K3lliii

Overpriced, dries out & flakes off quickly, and just isn't worth it. I do not understand why this is such a popular product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

I really don't like this mascara! I like mascaras that have plastic wands that give nice length and volume but with a formula that isn't as thick as this one! Iv got a bad habit of touching my eyelashes sometimes and when I had this on they just felt heavy and loaded up with product, I like Benefit products but this was just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by booboondoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have short, thin, straight lashes. It gave me that false Lash Effect!
I applied it in the morning using a jiggle motion. One coat was enough, I applied three coats and my lashes were at least 4 milimeters thicker and longer! I got so many compliments that day!

Fallout....

You get some fallout after a 12 hour workday.

Smudgeing, none.

Easy to wash out with soap and water, but not with just makeup remover alone.

Will I be rebuying?

HELL YES!

THIS MASCARA IS THE BEST!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AgadorSpartacus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my "must have a tube on hand at all times" mascara. I've tried to find drugstore dupes many times, but nothing is ever everything this is!

It builds my lashes up with both length and volume. Gives me ah-mazing volume without clumping. It doesn't flake or smudge (smudging is a BIG problem for me. I live in the desert, and in the summer... Blah!). I can wear They're Real all summer without a problem at all. It gives me the best lashes!!

I'm not using it on my bottom lashes, atm. I use It Comsetics Tightline priming mascara on top and bottom, and then I build and beautify with They're Real. But I have used it plenty without the It Cos primer, and it is fantastic on it's own!

It can be a bear to get off if you don't use a makeup remover, but I don't have any issues if I use one. I've used wipes, liquid, creams, oils and it comes off with all. Really it's a small con for all the pros!

Love, love, love this mascara!! My hooded eyes have never been so happy with a mascara!! =D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by carlislestyles

This was a great mascara! I have very long eyelashes already, and this mascara just boosted them to a whole other level! The only downside was the formula was so wet my lashes stuck together, and it takes a few minutes to separate them. A little bit of a hassle, but in the end. Worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by gmagana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the brush and packaging of this mascara, but hated the formula. It weighs my eyelashes down completely and its impossible to get off. I seriously don't get the hype with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a mini They're Real as part of the Sephora birthday present last year and I was so excited to try this mascara. The hype surrounding it is enormous. However, I can't say I was really impressed. It does make my naturally short, light lashes look nice and full but the volume and length is not amazing. Nobody would believe you have falsies on if you're just wearing this. The brush is a gimmick; I don't think the ball at the end does anything to make your lashes look better.

This is also a real pain to get off. I recommend an oil cleanser to remove or else you're going to have panda eyes.

I'm glad I got a mini one to try out and that I didn't spend the money on a full-sized tube. I don't think I'll repurchase it. There are much better (and cheaper) options at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

I do not like this mascara.

Simple as.

It dried up within a few weeks and I feel like I needed loads of coats to achieve full, thick and voluminous lashes!

If I'd have paid drugstore price (10 maximum) for this product I'd be pretty happy with it but I think 19.50 is just silly amounts for a mascara that wasn't that great for me!

I have friends with really short, stubby lashes who really enjoy this mascara, whereas I have standard length, thick-ish lashes naturally so maybe this is why I can't see the effects of it as much as they can.

Saying this, I still don't think that it's worth the price and there are about 10 drugstore mascaras I'd reach for over this any day! (Maybelline Falsies and Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra to name just two)

I would recommend going to your local counter and trying this first before purchasing as there are so many mixed reviews about it but for me, I won't be repurchasing!