October 30, 2014 | 1637 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally splurged on this $29 mascara...with high hopes only to be hugely disappointed! I was hoping for outrageously long lashes. However, I found it to be comparable to cover girls Bombshell Volume, which I love! Definitely not worth the extra $20. I'll be returning this to shoppers as the cosmetician said if not satisfied return with receipt...intend to! Overall, good mascara way over priced!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by misssoldiergirl

Terrible mascara!!!! I got a mini for free at Ulta and I'm so glad I never gave into the hype and bought this. First off, its absolutly no better than anything at the drugstore in fact there are WAAAAAY better mascaras at the drugstore. It doesn't do much for my lashes and the worst part is its VERY hard to get off! If you want to treat yourself to a high end mascara I would recommend Too Faced Better Than Sex.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just OK, doesn't do much for length and nothing for volume except by clumping the lashes together because the bristles on the brush are spaced too far apart. Also the bristles are too spiky and hurt if you get too close to your lashline and touch your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ashleygrim

Absolutely hate this mascara. It's not really that it's bad, it's that it doesn't live up to the hype at all and it's nothing special. I can get the same results from covergirl lash exact, except that doesn't cement itself to my lashes for all eternity.

I have long thick lashes to begin with so most mascaras work fine for me. This one makes them look really defined, but it doesn't really do anything any other mascara doesn't so it isn't worth the price. It doesn't volumize, it doesn't thicken, it doesn't make my lashes look any longer than they already are. It's basically just a coat to make them look darker. Pass.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever used! It's too wet, too clumpy and makes all of my lashes stick together. Don't like the spidery lash look so this crap went right into the trash. Save your money. So many DS mascaras out-perform this mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Fairycupcakedream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally long eyelashes thankfully but I know it's a good mascara when my lashes are extended with the first coat and this is exactly what happened, loved that it doesn't clump up and lashes are dramatically lengthened, I'm a mascara wh*re lol, and I've tried soo many but this is one of a kind. However major downfall for me was that I seem to run out extremely fast and there isn't enough product? It has happened with both mascaras I have purchased and this has put me off repurchasing. (But I will because I love it)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Hep2268

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it!! Best brush hands down. I don't even know if the actual mascara is all that good because the brush applies it so darn well. I mean, I'd pay the full price JUST FOR THE BRUSH ALONE!!On the sad morning that it runs out, I will be keeping the brush to use with another mascara, and then going out directly to buy more!! It's like that!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by cali5991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVE mascara, hands down! I've used a lot of mascara over the years (it's my fave beauty weapon) from low-end to high-end, from Maybelline to Lancome... pretty much, I've been around the block in terms of mascara. However, I always find myself turning back to They're Real Mascara whenever I want to get the job done RIGHT!

All the difference is in its brush. The bristles are coarse, but in a good way! The bristles acts like a comb sweeping through your lashes, separating and coating them with its gel-like formula. An awesome brush + gel formula (not too watery, not too gooey) = sexy lashes with NO clumps!

I've been using They're Real Mascara for a couple of months now, so here's the pros and cons:
PROS:
- lengthens, thickens, darkens
- its innovative design leaves no clumps in your lashes
- perfect for on the go or when you need to get ready quicktimez
- veeery long-lasting

CONS:
- expensive
- can too long-lasting for some (hard to remove, even with a good eye makeup remover)

I think the pros outweigh the cons here. I like how it leaves my lashes looking longer, thicker and darker. It's a sexy look! I wear this for whenever I'm on to go and I'm running short on time because the brush ensures no clumps, so that means no time having to clean up any lumps and bumps on my lashes. I don't like the price tag... $25 to $30 CAN is expensive, but then again, it's cheaper compared to some of the other high-end mascaras (but personally, I don't think you can put a price tag on GORGEOUSNESS). Also, this can be very long-lasting for some. You can wear this at a wedding, bawl your eyes and this thing would not run or you can sleep over at your boyfriend's house and not expect any raccoon eyes in the morning. Of course, this can be a pro for some, but for me, I don't like having to spend the extra time getting this stuff off.

So, if you're looking for a good mascara, get this!!!

Tips:
- wear with falsies for more volume... good for a sexy evening time look
- apply about 2-3 coats for best results on your top lashes, 1 on the bottom works fine for me
- curl yo lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by lwrng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy grail mascara, PERIOD. Soon as I got a sample when it first came out a couple years ago I fell in love & have never looked back. Turned all my girl friends and female relatives on to it, & have had countless strangers ask me what mascara I use. It is gorgeous. Long wearing, dark black, no smudges, easy on, easy off, perfect brush. My lashes are long and dark brown but sparse, by the time I'm done applying this it looks like I have on a full set of false, black, curled lashes. * applause *

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by okk

this is a very wet mascara to me. unlike Maybelline Rocket, it is a 'normal' mascara to me and i dont need to worry about it gets messy before getting dry.

I prefer maybelline rocket more than this, it does lengthen my lashes but it isnt anything WOW to me. it is pretty pricey too!

wont repurchase again.