April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express The Falsies Flared

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kellieanne93

I absolutely hate this mascara. I bought a brand new tube a month ago, and every single application of it has been horrible. It flakes, it clumps, it doesn't hold a curl, it doesn't lengthen, it doesn't thicken evenly..I HATE IT.

I like that it's jet black, so it does blacken but that's about all it does. If I ever finally get my lashes to the desired length with this mascara, it doesn't last for long as it flakes and sags my lashes. I would seriously recommend to avoid this mascara. If I haven't emphasized just how much I hate it..I'm going to the store on my work lunch break today to purchase a new mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product! Way to watery!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by mascaraloverforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, there's a lot of mixed reviews about this mascara so i decided to try it for myself. for me, it's pretty average. my 1st problem is there's no stopper (or maybe there is but it's not a good one) which leaves a lot of product on the wand which then causes the clumping in the first place. if Maybelline provides a good stopper for this mascara, this would be the bomb!

PROS:
+adds volume
+adds a little bit of length
+dark pigment

CONS:
-flakes
-clumps
-doesn't have a good stopper
-doesn't make my lashes look "flared"

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ya know? I'm not really a fan. I love the original falsies but not this mess. The brush does produce an intense curl but the regular falsies indeed gives me a false eyelash look so I will be sticking with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by annapieface

I really like this mascara!
Pros:
1) It is quite dark
2) Separates my lashes
3) Makes them appear fuller

Cons:
1) CAN get clumpy
2) Is hard to layer - once the first layer is on and dried, getting another layer on without super spidery lashes is hard.
3) Some people complain about the smell. I don't really mind because you can't smell it once it's on your lashes.

I was drawn to this product by the concept of having 'flared' eyelashes - I find that this does flare out my lashes. Priceline often has Maybelline mascaras on sale for $10 so I think this is a nice, affordable mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This mascara gives a lot of volume and length but it is not very dark and does not coat all the lashes evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by xolovelucyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is seriously amazing... I have experimented with mascaras... I have probably tired every mascara sold in the Walmart stores. I really like the Flared Falsies one the best, though. This product is absolutely amazing. I like the shape of the brush; it is curved and makes my lashes curl. It also adds immense volume to my lashes that I haven't ever gotten from other brands. I tried the Falsies Black Drama mascara and didn't get as good of results with it like I did with the Falsies Flared. It's all I buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I really like this mascara a lot. I hated the original falsies mascara. So I was surprised how much i liked this version. I bought it on sale and had heard good things about it. so glad I did. Gives my lashes lusious volume. A great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by petiterugger

I absolutely love this mascara. It gives fantastic volume and my eyelashes are ten times more noticeable (my eyelashes are thin, curly, and long, but lack length). I always go back to this mascara. I've tried many different mascaras, but I always come back to this one. It's easy to operate with a brush wand. I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I did not expect to like this mascara at all because I have hated every single one of the "volume express" mascaras that I have tried. Though I bought it anyway, because I love mascara and think that I have to try them all. It isn't anything spectacular or amazing, but it is a good mascara. I think it supplies a decent amount of volume and length, and it actually does "flare" my lashes out a bit as well. I think it does a great job, it is definitely one of the better mascaras that I have tried.