July 28, 2014 | 1624 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Considering its price and the quality of this moisterizer, I will repurchase it. It does a fairly good job in moisterizing my skin. A plus of this lotion is that it does not cause breakouts and allergies (and I am hyperallergic to most cosmetic products). But note that it is not one of those products that are supposed to improve your skin dramatically (like renova or AHAs). If you aim at merely moisterizing your sensitive skin and nothing else, then I really recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with my Cetaphil as a gentle cleanser. When you are trying to give your face a nice break from the abuse of medicated treatments, Cetaphil is a great option. It goes on easy and comes off easy and is very cost effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Rierae

This was prescribed to me since I was a child due to my eczema, for years I have tried to make this work but sadly my skin reacts badly to this product. It's too sticky to use in a tropical country as well. I tried to use this on my face and after a few days of using it, my face became red and swollen. I will not be coming back to this lotion even if this is what my doctor prescribes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a very gentle moisturizer, and it doesn't break me out. However, it feels greasy no matter how long it has been on my skin which i absolutely loath. in class i sometimes rub my face to wake myself up, but i hate how my face feels with this on! i like this for a moisturizer mask or after shaving or after a chemical peel though, because it really is just really really gentle. this does not work well under makeup, it made my silicone based concealer and rice powder ball up where ever i put it. not pretty. im rather surprised at the overall rating, i expected it to be below 3 after i tried it out. currently im using a moisturizer by clean and clear and its not mattifying but it at least dries properly on my face. definitely would not repurchase

UPDATE: it is now fall and i like this stuff. it still doesn't absorb completely but now its pretty tolerable, i imagine this would be perfect during winter. i suppose it is because i have slightly oily skin that this happens, would recommend for dry skin types. plus, it hasn't broken me out an i am highly acne prone

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to match my cleanser. My skin is normal, maybe a little oily because its summer right now. I don't typically use moisturizer on my face and rarely use liquid foundation, because I'm prone to more acne from product residue. I couldn't use this lotion on my face in the summer, but I own it and have tested it on my hands. I expected to use this every day, but I just cannot wear this on my face in the summer. It goes on oily and drys thick.

It doesn't smell like the cleanser, but it doesn't smell bad. It doesn't smell like much at all. The lotion feels very oily and slippery. I can feel the dry layer on top of my hand if I rub across it. Aka it drys thick even with minimum application.

My experience with Cetaphil face wash is that it worked after continued use. For that reason, I am not ready to decide whether or not I like this product as a moisturizer. When the weather breaks and my face does start to get continuously dry, I will use it as needed, maybe even daily. I have to detest something to waste it, so it'll do as a body lotion if nothing else.

I Have Faith - once winter hits and the hard water starts burning through the copper pipes in my home, I may love this product just as much as my cleanser. Maybe I'll be rejoicing about how it saved me from a butter cold winter *o*

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mandapanda01

I had heard many good things about this product so I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I have an oily t-zone and normal cheeks (plus acne prone) and this made me oily all over my face and even made me break out and all this happened the next day :( i gave it a few more chances with no luck... It does help to soften skin, but it was too heavy duty for me. I use this on my legs now hahaha. Definitely not the product for me and if you have oily skin I don't think you should use this. Try a gel moisturizer instead. This product is definitely better for very dry skin, not oily!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried the cleanser, it broke me out. I needed a facial moisturizer in a hurry and opted for this. It broke me out. Cetaphil just doesn't work for me. Also, it's way too thick for a facial moisturizer IMO. it works as a body lotion but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, to be straight to the point, I am a 36 year old who has suffered break outs basically since I was 26 on...Not severe, but enough to be annoyed with. I am not a lover of foundation or powders at all either as I only wear eye make up and lip gloss. Tried everything from Pro Active to Vichy Nicoderm and even Neutrogena...This is hands down the only moisturizer that simply will NOT break me out yet my skin feels nice and soft. Luckily, I do not have wrinkles as yet (maybe it is because of my oily / combo skin or just genes) so I do not have to apply it every night. I do however wear it about 3 nights per week and have yet to see a break out since. I started using the Gentle Cleansing Cetaphil face wash and I follow it with this lotion afterwards. I may still get the odd pimple here or there but NO more clusters. I will re-purchase for life. Lastly, it is extremely cheap. I purchased it for all of $10.99 for 250 ml whereas my Vichy set put me out roughly $70.00. My 2 friends recomended it to me as their actual dermatologists recomended it to them. LOVE IT!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by octolibrarian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The texture of the lotion is really weird. It goes on very greasy and full, but I usually blot off whatever doesn't absorb into my skin. That being said, it is the only moisturizer I've used that hydrates my dry, acne-prone skin.

However, I was really disappointed when I started breaking out severely almost a week into using it. Turns out two of the ingredients are highly comedogenic. (Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20) Yes, I know it says non-comedogenic right on the bottle but it truly isn't, so be careful if you're acne-prone. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing too special about this moisturizer, which is exactly why it's great. Moisturizers that promise to do this and that are a load of bull, and is quite expensive. This moisturizer is very gentle on the skin and doesn't use harsh chemicals, which is exactly what your face needs. I put a drop or two of tea tree oil on the moisturizer before spreading it on my face and it's done a pretty good job. You should try the tea tree oil trick!