Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 11/22/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this for a month. Made my skin itch. Broke me out. The nice red ones too.
In my late teens I tried this exact lotion which broke me out. Recently I needed a good lotion. Good reviews, okay, so I try. I apply on my face, it smells familiar. Then I realise its the same lotion with a different look.
Okay the formula may be different today. Nope. Still broke me out today.
It was very moisturising though.

on 11/20/2014 9:22:00 PM

I have horrible skin - it's sensitive and extremely acne-prone. I rarely find myself loving any facial moisturizers because they either don't work or feel heavy/greasy on my skin. Cetaphil is amazing though, my face drinks it up like water and it never "feels" like there's anything on my face. Will always repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought a big thing of this when I saw it at Costco the other day and I am so glad I did. I have combo skin that produces oil throughout the day but is generally dry between my eyebrows, around my nose and mouth, and on my cheeks. I was adding olive oil to my last moisturizer because my skin was freaking out about the cold weather and getting dry patches (I was using the Nivea mattifying day cream). I put this on my face after having a shower and HOLY it feels like my face took in a big gulp of water. The packaging said it was for normal to dry sensitive skin but it works wonderfully for me. Will definitely be repurchasing.

UPDATE: When I first applied this I had no active breakouts and my skin had dry patches, so on the first application it felt wonderful. Here I am, about two weeks later, with a LOT of breakouts and some really painful ones too. The only new thing added to my face has been this moisturizer, I loved it and from my review above I did love it, but alas my skin does not.

on 11/11/2014 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Two words: too greasy! I had high hopes for this for my sensitive rosacea skin, but it's just too greasy for my oily skin. It didn't feel too bad when I applied it - a bit thick but it seemed to absorb ok. But very oily only a few hours later... I might try it at night time, but think there's a chance it even be too oily overnight too. So I wouldn't recommend for oily or combo skin at all. Shame.

on 11/9/2014 6:03:00 PM

This is a super average product that I find very over priced and therefore would not puchase again. It is so so as far as being moisturizing and smells dusty or stale or something.

on 11/3/2014 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

not teally moisturizing. not happy with it

on 10/28/2014 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Such a shame that I paid nearly 9 for this... I was hoping it would be gentle yet hydrating on my acne prone, sensitive skin. It broke me out so bad that not even my benzoyl peroxide could contend with the spots! My face was incredibly greasy as well, to the point I could wipe the actual grease off with my fingers (yuck!) and around my eyes went ultra sensitive.

I will however try to use this on my legs and hands and things, now that the cold weather is here.

on 10/23/2014 11:42:00 PM

I have a skin condition that causes dry, rashy, irritated skin. Cetaphil lotion is amazing! I use it head to toe once a day, twice per day on my face. It moisturizes very well and it lasts all day. I never get pimples from this. It absorbs quickly and does feel greasy at all. There is no fragrance. My skin is very sensitive and I experience no irtitation from this. I recently tried CeraVe becuase it had good reviews and is a newer brand with newer technology. I have used it for two weeks and am noticing drier, crepey, skin and some irritation in the past few days. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I am going back to Cetaphil tomorrow. Cetaphil.....it will be good to see you again old friend!

on 10/18/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I hate moisturizer because I know that no matter how dry or tight my face feels one moment, it'll be an oil slick within a few hours, and an all-over moisturizer just means double the oil. This moisturizer isn't moisturizing enough for any really dry, flaky patches, but still provides the aforementioned oil slick effect. I've taken to using a cleansing method that isn't stripping, then applying my lip balm to any errant tight/dry patches. I will say that no Cetaphil product has ever made me break out, which is very impressive considering that my skin is both oily/combination *and* sensitive.

I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin and this moisturizer has never irritated it and works well.