Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This stuff has saved me! I remember using a different moisturizer before this one, it made my skin dry somehow.. But this one has never done that! It also last you A LONG time. All I need is about a dime size for my whole face. It doesn't smell weird & the packaging is average. Nothing amazing but nothing bad either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great stuff, been using it for years and have been meaning to leave a review.

I apply this every morning before I apply foundation. I love that it's fragrance free as well as being paraben free. So many lotions for your face contain fragrance and it's completely useless plus it irritates the skin. This is lightweight and hydrates well. I use it all over my body. Sometimes I put this on my face overnight if I'm dry, but that doesn't happen too often because I have oily skin. This does not cause breakouts for me. I love that it also doesn't irritate my legs even when putting on right after shaving.

on 7/7/2014 9:41:00 PM

I have oily-combination skin and wouldn't normally go for a product like this but this winter my face became extremely dry so I decided to get a more moisturising lotion. After hearing so many good reviews about cetaphil I decided this product was the way to go and boy was I wrong. This stuff gave me clusters of super painful pimples in places I've never had problems before (cheeks and chin) that I'm still battling to get rid of. My forehead became covered in tiny little bumps which I also can't get rid of. It's been almost two months since I used this and I still can't get my skin back to how it used to be. Will defiantly not be repurchasing.

on 7/6/2014 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

PROS:
-fragrance free
-very moisturizing
-very affordable and you get a very generous amount for the price. 11 dollars for 16 oz is great
-easy to find, walgreens, cvs, kmart, walmart, rite aid ect.

CONS:
-clogged my pores and gave me some cystic breakouts on my cheeks. pretty painful and i'm still trying to get them cleared up
-it feels very greasy to me, i always feel like my pillow cases are sticking to my face and it doesn't feel like it absorbs into my skin. Dry or normal skins would probably love it, but my oily-combo skin didn't, even though this is meant for all skin types.
-i tried this one thinking it would be lighter than the daily advance moisturizer which was also too rich but i didn't find much of a difference between the two. I think they should make one for oily/acne prone people!
-doesnt do well under makeup. makes my foundation and primer very hard to blend and work with and I feel like my face got even oilier throughout the day.

All in all I won't be using this on my face ever again but I think it could work nicely as a body moisturizer. Cetaphil is supposed to be a good brand for problematic skin and my own dermatologist recommended it to be as well but this wasnt the right face moisturizer for me. I personally prefer Cerave's moistuzer over this one because it's lighter and not greasy. Everyone's skin is different so it might work for you but I wasn't too impressed.Sorry!

on 5/23/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I decided to use this product due to the pharmacist at Boots preferring this over Vichy. I totally regret buying it! Broke me out after 2 days of using it. I got large cystic acne which stopped when I was on tertacyclin. My spots are large, red, hard and really painful :( Stopped using it immediately and just using homemade remedies to calm my poor skin....It leaves the skin feeling oily and heavy. Clogged my pores and too thick as a facial moisturiser. Wouldn't buy the product ever!

on 5/18/2014 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I get really bad eczema in the winter and summer when conditions can get extreme and this moisturizer works wonders for me. I buy the round tub of it and it lasts forever. Usually moisturizers make my eczema worse or don't help at all but this didn't irritate it and it gradually started to let up and now I can finally say I haven't struggled with it in a long time. I would definitely recommend this for someone with dry skin problems it's a great product.

on 4/16/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have combo/oily skin. I cannot use this product on my face because it makes me break out. So I use this for my dry patches on my body (elbows and knees).

I wouldn't repurchase this because I prefer other lotions for my body.

EDIT: I would repurchase this lotion to use for my body. The weather has been so goddamn hot in my state (Hawaii) and this lotion is awesome to use after the shower. It is non greasy and soaks into the skin quickly without feeling thick or slimy.

on 3/24/2014 3:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this lotion. It is affordable with a large amount of product that will last you a while and simple but it works very well. It keeps my body smooth, soft, and i've had dry bumps on my upper arms for years but after using this lotion, the bumps went away and my arms are left very smooth. It got greasy when i tried using it on my combination skin face but it works well on my body.

on 3/23/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It broke me out! And after applying it my skin becomes super greasy and oily. It does have good hydration. I wouldn't buy it again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Being on the acne.org regimine dried me out horribly, so this was helpful during the horrid hellfire phase of that skin care routine. After my face started calming down a bit, I found that I had to cut back the use of it on my face, as I noticed small breakouts on my jawline. I started using this just as a body lotion and for that, it is AWESOME. If I use something with fragrance and all the other nasty ingredients, my skin gets really irritated and splotchy. This leaves my skin nice and smooth and there is absolutely no irritation.