Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

3.9

Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, alcohol, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, acacia senegal gum, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, polyvinyl alcohol, panthenol, aminomethyl propanediol, ascorbyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77499)

on 5/26/2014 1:33:00 PM

I have used two full sized tubes of this thru different Tarte combo gifts. I must say, I usually think every mascara on the market is barely "meh" but this one is actually pretty nice! Coats my lashes well and makes them look more thick and lush. I do have a favorite drugstore brand I use (Jordana) but this one is alright too.

on 4/5/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this for the most part. It's probably not my favorite mascara in the world...it doesn't separate as well as I'd like and sometimes gets a little flaky at the end of the day, but it definitely added quite a bit of volume to my thin, sparse lashes.

on 4/3/2014 1:15:00 PM

This was a nice mascara but not right for my "Asian" (thin, short, point straight down) lashes. I liked the formula and how it looked on my lashes but it wouldn't hold a curl. Also, I have eyes that tear easily from allergies or even when my friends make me laugh (which happens a lot because my friends are awesome), and this mascara ran when my eyes teared. Then I would have a mess around my eyes. I had to return it, even though I loved how it made my lashes look when freshly applied. My lashes would droop fairly quickly and the mascara would run on me. The packaging is unique and quite nice, even if a bit huge. I think if you can wear regular mascara, you might like it.

on 3/14/2014 8:49:00 AM

This is the worst mascara I have ever used. I would give this a zero if I could. Maybe I got a bad tube but it does absolutely nothing. I mean nothing. It is like using a spoolie on my eyelashes with no product whatsoever. I thought it might work on my bottom lashes but even that is worthless. I am swearing off HE mascara forever and sticking with the cheap stuff from the drugstore.

Very disappointing.

on 2/5/2014 7:46:00 PM

This mascara is good if you are looking for a natural look, the formula is a bit dry but it does separate lashes and defines them well. Overall it's a good mascara but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/15/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love thiss! love that its not filled with chemicals and the wooden tube is cool. makes my lashes longest they been so far and one coat is all u need and volume is pretty good. price wise not sure id buy this to often but its a awesome mascara any tarte mascara really is

on 1/3/2014 11:10:00 AM

This is SO expensive and for nothing. It's really black, but doesn't lengthen and doesn't separate well at all. I will only use it with the tarte lash primer- that makes it wearable for everyday.

on 11/29/2013 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am starting to get so unbelievably fed up with high end mascaras! When I bought this, it was the absolutely best mascara I could have ever hoped for. HUGE volume, amazing length, it separated my lashes and make them look very fluttery and flirty, it kept a curl all day and didn't smudge. It was literally my dream mascara, couldn't have asked for anything better. Within 3 weeks it was dry. Totally dry. Like clump your lashes, flake all over your face dry. I am so sick of spending upwards of $25 on mascaras that cannot preform for at least 2 months! I usually toss my mascaras after 3 months because I don't want to welcome bacteria in to my eye area but 2 months is acceptable. It couldn't even last half that time. Neither did a Chanel one that I tried a few months earlier. So disappointed. My $8 mascaras from the drugstore last way longer than this. They don't give me quite as awesome of a look right off the bat but at least I can rely on them to preform consistently >.<

on 11/23/2013 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

After returning LCL since the new formulation did not work at all for me, I decided to try this one. LOVE IT!!! Super black pigment, not heavy on the lashes, does not clump, yet fans out lashes to a long, thick, feathery affect. Does not flake or irritate my eyes as the LCL new formula did. Removes very easily. Does not hold a curl well, but better than other non-waterproof formulas I've tried. Very happy with this! So much so I ordered the holiday 3 pack from QVC. Unbeatable value for a total of $31 including tax S&H. Ordinarily, one sells for $19 😉

on 11/10/2013 10:31:00 AM

LOVE this mascara!!! I don't write reviews unless I love something. I'm 44 and don't have the greatest lashes but this makes them look like I do. I don't use it on the bottom lashes because I don't want to look like a doll and I don't use a curler but still have great results.

Popular Mascaras