April 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I got this mascara in a Sephora set that they launched last Christmas. I must say that this mascara is nothing special. It is not bad, in gives you a bit of length and volume but nothing much. I think you would be better off spending $19 dollars purchasing Tate's Lights, Cameras and Splashes mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by winkingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for weeks waiting for it to reveal itself to me, but sadly this is not a good product for my short, straight Asian lashes. I was very impressed with Tarte's other mascara - Lights Camera Lashes but this one is just like coating my lashes with greasy paint, and it takes the curl right out of them. Within an hour it is always sitting on the bottom of my eye. Their other mascara was so impressive, I was bitterly disappointed with this one. Reading all the reviews though, I really think it varies for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by AshleyMI

Great volume but very drying and ends up giving me raccoon eyes within hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

This is a good mascara. It's not really dramatic but it gives a good amount to length and volume. This probably a more natural type of mascara. The issue I have with this mascara is tht it's a dry kind of formula and it makes my lashes very stiff. I prefer a wetter formula so I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this mascara. It built up my lashes in length and volume yet still looked natural. It is a drier formula, but that's what you need if you want to build volume. My only complaint would be that it is kind of difficult to remove, but I wasn't using an oil-based cleanser, which would probably have taken care of it. I would definitely buy this product again, I think it's great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by violetkat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot, but it's far too expensive for what it is. It claims to be different/special because it's Amazonian clay but I don't see any difference. I usually use Maybelline Full N Soft mascara and Tarte's isn't any better. I would buy it again if it was on sale or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by helperofa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara! Makes my lashes look long and full and lasts that way the whole day. I got it for a deal on black friday along with a lash primer also from tarte and since I have been in love! Even without the primer this mascara goes on smooth and makes my practically straight lashes beautiful! Definetly will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by littleann818

This is my HG mascara! I never used to be much of a mascara girl but OMG, after using this...I almost instantly fell in love! The amazonian clay formula is perfect---clump free, sooooooo lengthening, and very volumizing! It seriously is the best mascara ever and I will continue to buy it and use it over any drugstore or high end mascaras out there! I also like how it doesn't take forever at night for me to take off my mascara makeup either (which is a HUGE plus for me!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked the volume this mascara gave me however the formula dries very fast so you need to work quickly if you want to add more coats otherwise it will leave clumps. The color is a very dark black that I like but the packaging is very flimsy. After a week of using it I dropped it once on my bathroom floor and the tube split in half so I had to throw it away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tarte's Light's camera Splashes is my hands down favorite mascara but it can feel a bit heavy on my eyes at the end of the day. I grabbed this during a recent FF sale to try out due to the great reviews and the fact that many claimed that this was light, conditioning and didn't give "panda eyes". It won't as long as you don't sweat at all and don't get caught out in fog or high humidity. The first day I tried this I wore it to my daughter's early morning softball game and it happened to be pretty foggy out. 15 minutes out of the car my husband asked me what was going on with my makeup, it looked like I had two black eyes. While this stuff migrated pretty easily off of my lashes it just didn't want to budge from under my eyes. It took forever to get off of my skin with soap and water and I was runing around with raw red eyes all morning. I get the same problem when wearing sunglasses since I tend to sweat under my eyes a bit when it's warm out or in high humidity. I will wear it out to dinner or when weather/conditions allow since the pigment is great, it's light, conditioning, doesn't clump at all and the brush is decent quality. Firm enough to coat all of my lashes quickly and the bristles keep my lashes separated. This is one of the few mascaras that lets me layer on as little or as much as I like to get the look I want without clumping up and looking gross. Unfortunately I live in the South and once winter ends so will any opportunities to wear this without it running down my face so I'll stick to Lights Camera Splashes unless they come up with a waterproof version of this for me to try.