September 17, 2014 | 1929 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this mascara! The formula glides on well and I don't notice clumps like how I did with the recent stupid Revlon mascara I bought last week. I put on 3 layers and my lashes still feel nice and soft, not hard and brittle at all. It gives great definition and length...if you're going for volume I'd suggest using a primer with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY LASHES: Stubborn, Asian lashes - sparse, short, and point straight down.

FORMULA: A good balance, not too wet and not to dry, though quite thick.

APPLICATION: Quickly builds to give anywhere from natural, "born with it" length to dramatic and full. Very versatile.

CURL POWER: My biggest concern and this mascara delivers. This gives incredible, long-lasting curl. My husband actually asked me if I was doing that "fake eyelash thing again." I don't think he realized that was quite possibly one of the sweetest things he has ever said :p

SMUDGEPROOF?: Alas, the deal breaker. No, not smudgeproof, but not horribly smudgy either. It does noticeably transfer to the bottom outer corners of my eyes. I have to intentionally wipe that area to make sure I have nothing there. It won't give me raccoon eyes, but enough smudging to bother me. This usually happens about 2 hours in.

REMOVAL: My usual routine is to take a gob of coconut oil or EVOO and rub my eyes gently, which removes this mascara very easily after a swipe of a cotton pad.

OVERALL: I am *extremely* picky with mascaras, especially when it comes to anything more pricey than drugstore. This mascara was great, but not perfect. I am still on the hunt for that HG non-waterproof that does it all. This came awfully close, but the smudging was enough for me to move on. I did finish it over the course of about 3 months of daily use. It will still be an old standby that I might come back to if nothing else performs better. For now, on to test Lancome.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have come across Tarte a long time ago but fell in love recently thanks to trying their Lights,Camera,Lashes,BB Primer, their powder and my personal favorite the Maracuja oil. So for mother's day I was ordering some Tarte products and this mascara was part of a Sephora deal so I said why not. I like the idea of a smart mascara. Well I try it thinking my lashes which are long and I do curl them so I really can't complain were made very nice,defined, and actually in a pic my sister took my lashes show really well when I wasn't trying.

This mascara though doesn't give my the drama look I'm going for, it's perfect for my minimal makeup days. My lashes do look long and extended and thankfully non-spidery. So I think this is a great mascara if your going for a natural look. I can't get the amount I want like with LCL. But I'm a mascara junky so I have tried a lot of them and this one is good. I really like the packaging it's beautiful. So I will hang on to the tube when I'm done because I like pretty make up that does work, and this does.

It's just not giving me that super dark lash that I want. I haven't given up yet because the picture with my sister really impressed me. Am I getting what I really want..well..er..no. So in that sense I will not repurchase unless I find a way to work with it or I use it more than my Fiberwig but i think I'll stick with Lights Camera Lashes and my other brands. I do recommend this though to someone who wants a natural defined look. It's not a bad mascara in any way so I do think this has it's place for people who want a more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by rn9104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara. I absolutely love it. I'm 40 years old and my lashes are not what they used to be. This makes them look like they did in my 20's. I will never be without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to mascara when I'm going for a natural, yet defined look. This makes my lashes soft, fluttery, elongated and volumized! This can be built up to acheive some drama, or applied lightly for a "my lashes but better" result. Great, amazing mascara! Cute package too! One of my HG's!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by hazelable125

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am honestly surprised this mascara doesn't have better ratings! It's such a great mascara for everyday use.
I've seen a lot of complaints that it doesn't lengthen or thicken lashes enough, but so far this is the only mascara that every made my eyelashes look naturally thick. You can also build really well with it too, It's a bit drier so it doesn't clump whatsoever.
No stickiness, nothing. It only takes 30 seconds for it to dry and then you can keep on lengthening! For me it only takes one coat, but that's because I have long lashes. I like to use a curler beforehand, and it looks so wonderful with the mascara!
The only cons I can come up with is that if you touch it a lot, it'll flake off. (Because of the dryness)
Otherwise it's a gorgeous mascara and feels extremely light. It doesn't clump, and looks so naturally pretty!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this mascara a few times already & paired with a lash primer it is a nice natural mascara. I switch off between this one & lights camera splashes. This one gives me nice volume & length but not overly dramatic. The selling point for me on this mascara is that it comes off so easily but with primer barely smudges & doesn't flake. I like the all natural ingredients and will continue to buy though I do wish it was cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Endocalm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an OKAY mascara. you are paying for the packaging because I find the mascara is boring. Adds colour but falls flat. No real volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I got this mascara in a Sephora set that they launched last Christmas. I must say that this mascara is nothing special. It is not bad, in gives you a bit of length and volume but nothing much. I think you would be better off spending $19 dollars purchasing Tate's Lights, Cameras and Splashes mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by winkingdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for weeks waiting for it to reveal itself to me, but sadly this is not a good product for my short, straight Asian lashes. I was very impressed with Tarte's other mascara - Lights Camera Lashes but this one is just like coating my lashes with greasy paint, and it takes the curl right out of them. Within an hour it is always sitting on the bottom of my eye. Their other mascara was so impressive, I was bitterly disappointed with this one. Reading all the reviews though, I really think it varies for everyone.