Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

3.9

Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, alcohol, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, candelilla cera/euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/cire de candelilla, acacia senegal gum, VP/VA copolymer, phenoxyethanol, polyvinyl alcohol, panthenol, aminomethyl propanediol, ascorbyl palmitate, ethylhexylglycerin, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77499)

on 3/14/2014 8:49:00 AM

This is the worst mascara I have ever used. I would give this a zero if I could. Maybe I got a bad tube but it does absolutely nothing. I mean nothing. It is like using a spoolie on my eyelashes with no product whatsoever. I thought it might work on my bottom lashes but even that is worthless. I am swearing off HE mascara forever and sticking with the cheap stuff from the drugstore.

Very disappointing.

on 2/5/2014 7:46:00 PM

This mascara is good if you are looking for a natural look, the formula is a bit dry but it does separate lashes and defines them well. Overall it's a good mascara but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/15/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love thiss! love that its not filled with chemicals and the wooden tube is cool. makes my lashes longest they been so far and one coat is all u need and volume is pretty good. price wise not sure id buy this to often but its a awesome mascara any tarte mascara really is

on 1/3/2014 11:10:00 AM

This is SO expensive and for nothing. It's really black, but doesn't lengthen and doesn't separate well at all. I will only use it with the tarte lash primer- that makes it wearable for everyday.

on 11/29/2013 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am starting to get so unbelievably fed up with high end mascaras! When I bought this, it was the absolutely best mascara I could have ever hoped for. HUGE volume, amazing length, it separated my lashes and make them look very fluttery and flirty, it kept a curl all day and didn't smudge. It was literally my dream mascara, couldn't have asked for anything better. Within 3 weeks it was dry. Totally dry. Like clump your lashes, flake all over your face dry. I am so sick of spending upwards of $25 on mascaras that cannot preform for at least 2 months! I usually toss my mascaras after 3 months because I don't want to welcome bacteria in to my eye area but 2 months is acceptable. It couldn't even last half that time. Neither did a Chanel one that I tried a few months earlier. So disappointed. My $8 mascaras from the drugstore last way longer than this. They don't give me quite as awesome of a look right off the bat but at least I can rely on them to preform consistently >.<

on 11/23/2013 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

After returning LCL since the new formulation did not work at all for me, I decided to try this one. LOVE IT!!! Super black pigment, not heavy on the lashes, does not clump, yet fans out lashes to a long, thick, feathery affect. Does not flake or irritate my eyes as the LCL new formula did. Removes very easily. Does not hold a curl well, but better than other non-waterproof formulas I've tried. Very happy with this! So much so I ordered the holiday 3 pack from QVC. Unbeatable value for a total of $31 including tax S&H. Ordinarily, one sells for $19 😉

on 11/10/2013 10:31:00 AM

LOVE this mascara!!! I don't write reviews unless I love something. I'm 44 and don't have the greatest lashes but this makes them look like I do. I don't use it on the bottom lashes because I don't want to look like a doll and I don't use a curler but still have great results.

on 10/19/2013 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For $20 I think I was expecting a little more from this product. I get the exact same results from my $3 ELF mineral infused mascara, which I believe I will stick to using.

on 9/2/2013 12:38:00 PM

This is one of the nicer mascaras out there. I hate most mascara I come into contact with because of the application method, flaking, clumping, etc. So when I found this mascara, I was quite happy. This mascara reminds me of my Korres Volcanic Minerals Voluminizing Mascara. It has a natural scent and it applies well without clumping. It adds more volume than it does length, but I am okay with that. It bulks up the lashes nicely as well. It is a deep black and did not flake throughout the day. If I had to register a complaint, it would be that the packaging is very bulky, which makes it a bit awkward to take with you for touch ups. Other than that, I would recommend this mascara.

on 8/5/2013 8:59:00 AM

It's a decent mascara especially after about a week into use - the formula gets dried out just enough to make it more usable. However, it continues to dry out rather quickly after opening. I used this for about a month before I had to throw it out because it was getting dry and clumpy on my lashes. The wand is quite nice - it is a traditional bristle style with shorter bristles that reaches all the shorter lashes. Of course the wooden tube is interesting but doesn't add much to the overall function of the mascara (in fact, it makes the tube rather bulky). The formula is good in all the key areas: lengthens well, provides good volume, doesn't droop my lashes, and holds up well through the day (although I did experience a bit of smudging on my lower lash line) - but it wasn't exceptional in any of these areas. I still much prefer my CoverGirl LashBlast to deliver budge-proof full fluttery lashes when I need something I could trust. This is an average mascara in a fancy wooden tube. I got the full size of this mascara in a kit I purchased from Sephora so price-wise, it worked out well, but I wouldn't pay full price for this.