April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by mandymoos2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely an intoxicating scent, "Addict" is a very appropriate name!!! Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by indiawilkes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a tantalizing blend of florals , spice , and vanilla that inspires imagination. I recently smelled it for first time and my responsewas "WOW" ! I do not find it delicate ordemure , nor is it a head banger . It is wondrfully warm , feminine, rich , and best of all LONG lasting . This is a very unique fragrance !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by warietessa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing gourmet affair, which I enjoy tremendously. At each skin to cover them differently, so one feels sweet vanilla, others do not feel the sweetness. Addict is a luxurious oriental fragrance with great stamina and power that line behind you. Interesting covers and only on the skin stand out as it really is. With this fragrance really true that the quality you need to pay more. Spent money but you will definitely not regret it. If you sit down, you will not want it any other :).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by nazlit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can only say that Addict was created just for me!!

Whenever ı wear it (ı wear Addict only in Fall/Winter), everyone male or female ask its name..And women want to have it to smell like me.But the result isn't the same unfortunately:/
Everyone's body reaction and own body scent is different from everyone else in the world. May be that's why Addict suits on me perfect but on others don't.

I've known this perfume for 10 years and worn it for 3 years. Nothing can compare to it forever . I want to go to heaven with Addict on me:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by classicfresh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Best Ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by oanalita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm just discovering this... not sure if the sample I have is the new 2012 formulation or the old (just got it few days ago so i'm guessing it's the new)....
Regardless, on first spray it is quite strong/spicy, but then does settle. To try the sample I have done one spray before I even start my makeup in the morning. Then by the time I left the house (about 30 minutes later) it settled down to the nice warm vanilla smell. The smell was toned down the rest of the day (or maybe my nose just got used to it...). I really enjoyed it, and I think will enjoy it even more in the fall/winter.
If anyone dislikes this I would be interested in swapping for a bottle. I have other similar perfumes that I'd be willing to trade so I can try this one (Flowerbomb Extreme, Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir, and more) so message me if interested.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by HannahMariaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just love this parfume! I like the smell so much. You only have to use it ones a day, so it will take forever to finish it and ever since I'm wearing it I get so many compliments about how lovely I smell, from men. It makes the guys go grazy and I feel like the smell fits my personality. Just try it. The only down side is that it is ridiculously expensive... But that doesn't keep me from purchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by SummerSonataBlake

When I originally smelled Dior Addict in the store I liked it - so I bought it. I read a ton of positive reviews about it on here, and for the first few minutes it smelled good; deep & sexual, very sophisticated. However, after buying it and wearing it for hours at a time, I can honestly say that I can't believe ANYBODY would write a positive review about this fragrance. While I understand thy everyone's body reacts differently, I've had several friends try it out ( bc I was going to give them the bottle) and every single one of them felt the same way - it gave us all a headache, turned into a deeply musky smell that smells "old lady-ish" and it DOES NOT go away! Even after taking a shower it was still lingering intensely!!! It has this kinda "off" smell to it that is almost disturbing - even when I just sprayed it on "stuff" (not my body, so as to smell it not reacting to my body chemistry). I truly mean a disturbing smell. I even had several people make negative comments about how I smelled. I would highly recommend against buying this perfume unless you want to smell like an old lady or you are trying to give yourself a headache!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by plutteluran

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is so sophisticated, a grown-up vanilla fragrance. It is smoky and dark, not the gourmand type of vanilla at all. I just love, love. it so much. One of my all time favorites. Some people say it has been reformulated, but I don´t know if that is a fact. I still have "the old formulation".
I higly recommend that you try this if you are into dark and mysterious oriental fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Please work with me here through this reflection: As many of you lovely ladies know, we try to find a fragrance that feels like us. It communicates something about our souls, hints at our daydreams, persuades that other part of our personality to show itself with grace and confidence. We call this our signature scent, or so I understand. I am on the search for what I call my tango scent, the fragrance that allows a tango dancer to reveal her elegance, strength, power, freedom, and sensuality. It is the scent only worn while on the dance floor and no where else because the tango and the particular scent of a woman take center stage to tell a story whatever that narrative may be. Of course, you can have a tango scent if you do not tango, but this special scent reminiscent of a tango’s proud spirit is not the same as your clubbing scent—just so we are clear.

I believe tentatively that Dior Addict, as popular as it is, may be my tango scent. Its notes—silk tree flower, orange blossom, mandarin leaves, night queen flower, Bulgarian rose, Bourbon vanilla absolute, Mysore sandalwood, and tonka bean—when mixed together produce a heady, seductive blend that would be perfect with La Cumparsita or El Choclo playing in the background. More about the perfume, Addict, on me at least, is an assertive sandalwood trying to get the attention of the aloof Bourbon vanilla smoking a slim cigarette in the dim lights. As for the tonka bean, it is the cool-blooded intermediary that has finally convinced the vanilla and sandalwood to put their differences aside and talk together with impeccable manners. However, this is not a well-behaved scent. Perhaps it is a combination of the other floral notes and the green mandarin leaves, but there is this pulsing, raw animality always lurking in the shadows. You get the impression that someone is conducting an illicit liaison with someone else …

My only reservation about Addict is the sandalwood, a scent from childhood. I recall that temple was perfumed with sandalwood incense; and later my father procured a men’s cologne whose leading note was sandalwood. Smelling Addict, I think about the poised, alluring tango dancer I would like to be juxtaposed against the little girl holding her father’s hand, the both of them going to a religious service. The memories and expectations clash too much with this Dior creation. What is more, I find myself gravitating toward the image of the child. I still have a “child’s” taste in perfume I suppose, just like in diet: fruit, sweet flowers, soft spices (cardamom), and confectionery of course. I hoped that the vanilla in Addict would be sweeter, the rose more pronounced with the orange blossom, the animalic notes toned down. Then I realize that if such were the case, Addict would cease to be Addict. As a result, I do like the scent, acknowledging that I have to “grow” into it. Right now I am like a girl in a dress and Mary Janes writing her puppy love crush a note using a golden pencil; I feel I need/should be the woman, the ideal Addict wearer, sitting at her vanity dressed in her black lingerie and short red satin robe composing a letter to her lover using a Waterman fountain pen. I have to wait a bit before this becomes my tango scent despite how much I wanted such a perfume for the present.

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No