Dior Dior Addict EDP

3.9

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my signature scent. It has such a unique smell and amazing staying power. My husband LOVES this perfume. Very underrated perfume imo.

on 2/19/2013 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have met a couple of people who are in love with this fragrance - but only a couple. Most people I know have found this perfume to be a downright assault of the nose. I bought a bottle on a whim without having smelled it first and the first few hours of wearing it I didn't think it was too bad. And then the headache started. Everyone who smelled me mad a negative comment. I figured it was just my chemistry. I gave it to a friend. She also hated it and everyone around her said said it smelled terrible. It is overly powdery with a deep sweet chocolatey / pachulli (sp?) undertone. It was passed to several friends until no one wanted it and threw it away. It smells like old lady perfume pure and simple. I know some people like the powdery old lady smell, they think it's elegant or sophisticated, but it's for a very select palette. When I smell this or similar fragrances on other people it makes me cringe a little.

on 2/5/2013 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

What an incredible discovery. My affinity for sweet/frilly fragrances vanished a while ago, and I found myself on the hunt for something a bit more refined. While shopping in Sephora one evening, I decided to try a spritz, and let me tell you, I was enchanted. Even the bottle is gorgeous. The price is a bit up there if you are on a budget (I have since found it more reasonably priced online), but it may have been my best beauty purchase to date. One spritz goes a long way, as it is a bit of a headier fragrance, but talk about elegance. The fragrance lightens over the course of the day, but even the dry-down exudes sex appeal, and it is something else to know that you don't smell like every other woman walking down the street. Highly recommended!

on 2/4/2013 10:44:00 AM

I wore this for a day to try it out. It smelled like a combination of baby powder and chocolate. This is not for me.

on 1/20/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

HG perfume for cold weather! I am always trying new scents and this one has me hooked. It's very spicy at first...to me it gives off an "multicultural" impression, i.e. the opening notes are not common where I'm from. Definitely makes it into a head-turner! It is a very unique opening. However the dry-down reminds me of Kenzo's Amour though a bit heavier and less sweet. It is very vanilla based and sensual, yet I still get a hint of the original spice. It makes me think of sex (opening notes) then cuddling (dry-down) if I had to metaphorically compare it to anything. LOVE THIS SO MUCH! It is mature and spicy yet mellows out and lingers for hours afterward. One spray lasts a whole day. It's comparable to other scents but none of the others match this one's complexity and beauty in transitioning from spicy to sweet. It's a pleasure to smell it change throughout the day! Highly recommended though it is pricey.

on 12/29/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

One of my absolute favorites. A warm, comforting vanilla-based fragrance that also manages to be incredibly sexy. Not too strong, not an in-your-face sexy (ok, maybe a teeny bit), but a somewhat mysterious, smoldering, seductive kind of sexy. Also, not foody/gourmand like Hypnotic Poison, but more of a floral-oriental. This is the perfume I wear when I want to feel very confident, and incredibly attractive.

on 12/27/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

lovely, sexy, hot! after a stint of wearing mostly bath & body works scents because i couldn't find anything i just loved i transitioned to this and oh my goodness, i love it! i don't dare wear it to work, too sexy. i save it for the evenings and weekends. i love it. i don't know how it would be in the warm weather as i save it for moderate to cooler temps. anyway, i love it. it lasts, it amps up my confidence and men seem to adore it on me. ***sidenote: the guy in sephora said this is a unisex scent. i didn't know that but that can explain it. i like some scents that are for men on me.*** anyway, really digging this!

on 11/30/2012 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just purchased this today after sampling everything under the sun for the last year (no joke!).

I am not a fruity nor floral kinda girl and I fell in love with Addict because it is a grown up vanilla with a little spicy kick, has great staying power and is not being worn by every woman you come across (flowerbomb, angel etc etc).

Unique, comforting warm smell that lasts and lasts..what more could I want?!

I feel this is a scent for a woman....it doesn't have a young vibe to it...but its not gramma either...confident sexy woman ;).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Yum!

I swatched this fragrance today with two others, and this one took the cake. No contest, the best smelling of the three. I put this one on my arm and instantly went "MMMMmmmmm". It's just yummy! It smells like desert, like those "sugar cookie" fragrances in a drugstore, except it vocally exclaims "I'M EXPENSIVE!" without any aid from the 82 dollar price tag.

The bottle design is chic, unique, and gorgeous. The price is outrageous, but I'd pay it again and again. The smell is the smell of high fashion and satisfaction. Three hours later, I'm still smelling my arm! I even had to smell myself driving on the highway; I missed my exit, but it was worth it!

Is this an office fragrance? No, but if you wore it to the office I mean, only the 40 something bitter bitch with a sensitive nose would dare complain, because this stuff is D I V I N E.
Is this a school (high school/college) fragrance? Hell yes! Please, sit next to me wearing this! Just don't be shocked when I scoot in a little too closely.
Is this a date fragrance? OH YEAH. A man would lick your body up and down in this.
Is this a signature scent? Only if you're enough of a bold, sexy, professional, SEXY, trendy, SEEEEXY... you get it.

If I smelled this on someone, I would literally chase after them and resist the urge to bury my face in them long enough to ask what it is!

There isn't much of an ad campaign, though.

on 11/5/2012 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely an intoxicating scent, "Addict" is a very appropriate name!!! Love love love

Popular Fragrances