December 20, 2014 | 1433 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by sophie94

Love this BB cream. When buying I was slightly concerned as I have oily skin and was worried about shine. However this topped off with my mac mineralize skinfinish natural looks great! Coverage is good, obviously not a full as a foundation but enough for days you don't want a full face of make up. Sometimes I may have to top up a bit of powder if oily but would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by SHUTUPvalleygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the summer of 2012, BB Creams were just becoming really big in the United States, and being the makeup junkie that I am, I bought into the hype right away. At the time, I was starting Accutane and had acne that was out-of-control and skin that was constantly red and painful. I knew that no foundation would cover up all the problems I was having, so I gave up on makeup for a while. I was looking for a simple product that would even my skin tone out a little, diminish redness, and not irritate my already upset complexion. I decided that BB Creams were my calling. I did a lot of research and tried a lot of products before settling on Bobbi Brown's version.

So began the most passionate love story of my life: mon amour, my love, my first everything, my first tube of Bobbi Brown BB.

Ever since, there has not been ONE DAY I haven't worn this, unless I had the flu or for some other reason didn't leave my house, wash my face, or take a shower at all that day (read: gave up on life). It is practically a part of who I am at this point. I have sent a letter to Bobbi Brown begging them to never discontinue this because I don't know what I would do without it. I've bought at least seven or eight tubes by now and I'll continue to buy it until it's no longer available. I have honestly no desire to try any other foundation products. "Holy Grail" doesn't come close to describing my relationship with this product. It is more like my soul mate. If it were a human, we would make sweet love together every night, laugh at all the same things, go out dancing to salsa music, and be so cute that all our friends hated us.

It took a little bit of getting used to, but so does any product. I'll admit that my application method is fairly unorthodox and would not work for most people, but it is a match made in heaven for my post-accutane, Sahara desert dry skin. I speculate that this would also work for people using topical retinoids.
To prep my skin for the BB cream, I oil cleanse with castor oil before applying CeraVe AM lotion mixed with a salicylic acid moisturizer of my choice, to exfoliate flakes. I don't wash off the castor oil before applying my moisturizers -- that's the trick to making my pores look tiny and the surface of my skin look smooth. The combination of the slightly slick texture of the CeraVe AM over the castor oil base is a perfect canvas for my BB Cream. The oil soaks into my face during the day and melds with the BB Cream to become one beautiful and natural-looking case of complexion perfection.

I always use another SPF underneath this even though it has pretty good sun protection, but only because I'm really anal about never having wrinkles and keeping my skin protected against hyperpigmentation. I'm sure for most people the SPF in this is good enough by itself. I'd also be willing to speculate that those of you with oilier skin types may not even need any other moisturizer underneath this, depending on the climate you live in. In my experience it is great at controlling oil because I slather a bunch of it on my face in the morning and by evening, I look "dewy." I only do this because if I didn't slather a bunch of oil on my face in the morning, by evening my skin would be crusty, red, and chapped, but I have an abnormal level of dryness caused by harsh acne meds, so YMMV.

What I possibly love most about this product is the color. I wear the Extra Light shade, and it's one of the only BB Creams I've tried that isn't sickeningly PINK. I'm VERY fair-skinned, and VERY yellow-toned. MAC's NC10 is way too pinky-orange for me. It's hard to find foundations light enough for my skin that are either neutral or yellow enough. Bobbi Brown BB Cream is WONDERFULLY YELLOW. Cool-toned girls, don't fret -- my NW15 sister also loves the Extra Light shade because the yellowness has a neutralizing effect on her warmer skin. Everyone wins.
One thing I've noticed along the way is that when I first open the tube, the product is very yellow, but by the time I'm finishing up the last bits of product, it turns to more of a neutral shade, which is fine, but I think the cream oxidizes a bit in the tube as you use it. Not a deal breaker by any means, but something to note.

I use about one tube every three months, but I am a very heavy user and sometimes apply multiple layers of this per day. In terms of brushes, I've found the best application method is using the Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush (or one similar) and a stippling method, but I use a BeautyBlender. It is extremely buildable. One layer is light-medium coverage, two is medium-full. If you want to apply two layers it's best to wait a long time in between. For example, if I know I'm going out that night, I'll apply one layer, go about my day, then apply a second layer when I start doing my "night look" makeup. It does not look cakey when you do this. I can attest to that. It actually looks better than applying one layer of a full-coverage foundation because with two sheer coats, the nuances of your skin can still be seen, but they're so blurred out that you look basically perfect.
I find that I look most beautiful when I apply this, take a nap, and then apply a second layer about an hour later. (Why? I don't know. It's just one of those weird things you pick up on after religiously using a product every single day for a long period of time)

Bobbi Brown BB Cream is super long-lasting, but the great thing about it is that when it does start to wear off, it just looks like you're not wearing any makeup. I can sleep in this and it doesn't irritate my skin. In fact, my skin is more reactive if I don't wear it for a day. I think it does have positive, balancing effect on my skin.

In a sentence: this is the HG foundation product for me and my skin. YMMV, but it's a wonderful BB Cream I'd recommend to anyone.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by TrueHysteria

I love this bb cream, it is the first bb cream that i feel lighter than cc cream but also has a good coverage. Compared to the Clinique CC cream - which I had terrible experienced, I was eager to try this one as well because of the reviews but I decided to try it and it's just amazing , I have combination skin , it's tend to get oily than regular but that's fine because i just blot it . I got a deluxe sample which is 15ml, I think it will last me like a few months because I don't wear bb cream often. I will think if I need to buy it again because i know it's quite expensive .
Pros
- Medium coverage ( fade my scars and smooth out my skin texture )
- natural looking , absolutely non-greasy
- a little goes a long way
Cons :
- Expensive
- after around 3 hours I have to do touch up with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Fabulous product! This is everything I wanted Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser to be! And as a HUGE plus, it contains beneficial ingredients to skin e.g. antioxidants and skin-repairing ingredients. It is also fragrance and alcohol free, great for my sensitive skin.
The finish is so natural - it looks just like healthy, hydrated skin with a slight glow. I would say the coverage is light-medium but it is buildable and easy to blend. I find the lasting power amazing - it lasts until I take it off basically! Also, it does not oxidise.
I have slightly oily (combination) skin that is very breakout prone and I have had no problems from this in that respect. I study ingredients for any hint of comedogenic ingredients and there are no offenders here! I have NC25ish skin with slightly golden/yellow undertones and use "Light" - my sister who is slightly fairer with more pink undertones uses either Light or Fair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

Color Range: I just finished my first tube of this BB Cream, which lasted about six months if not a bit longer. The range of colors is not as good as her foundations and while Extra Light looked good on me, I feel it was a bit darker than my skin color, maybe it would be better for Warm Ivory users.

Coverage: The coverage was nice, not heavy but it did cover my redness and minor imperfections, for new breakouts I needed concealer but considering this is a BB Cream and not a foundation I expected this. Great for everyday use, school, work, etc. One of my friends uses the CC cream from Clinique and her skin looked great, almost as if she was wearing nothing so I might try this product next, but sometimes is difficult finding a good color match with Clinique.

Skin types: I have combination skin and this BB Cream worked great in the summer, in winter I started using a light moisturizer underneath and the dry patches in my skin starting looking more pronounce. It lasted most of the day for me, when the oil started to surface it looked radiant rather than oily so that was nice. It's oil free so anyone who has oily or combination skin can use this product without a problem, people with dry skin might not like it or will need to use a very good moisturizer before applying the BB Cream.

In general, I would say this product is more beneficial for people with oily skin, who are looking for a light-medium coverage, and don't mind using concealers for breakouts or other more pronounced imperfections.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Started wearing this bb cream recently, started on days off where I didn't mind going a bit more natural coverage and even braved wearing it into work a few times (usually wear medium cover due to my cystic acne breakouts on cheekbones). I used mac studio finish to cover any blemishes, which in my case are quite red, so I use it first then build up the bb cream on top. I have used a flat brush to apply it and also have used my fingers, I've read a few reviews on people saying how it doesn't spread/blend easily and I can understand what they mean but I have sort of worked out that if you're using a brush, spread it evenly and then using warm fingers tap the product in or even use a make up sponge to blend it evenly and this can eliminate the look of visible pores. I think the coverage it gives is really good, obviously it will never give medium-full cover on its own, it's only a bb cream after all! I am quite oily so find I have to use a little powder sometimes to set lightly but it IS oil free and so when my skin is slightly dryer I do use a little moisturiser before hand so that my skin doesn't look dry! Great wee product, price slightly high but a little goes a long way due to its consistency so you do get your money's worth! Def recommend for someone who's looking a nice lighter cover foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awful. This had minimal coverage, colour is very yellow based, and worst of all...it broke me out. I have combination skin type, and I have never broken out from traditional BB creams. Absolutely hated this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't like this much- has a flat finish and a bit chalky on my normal-slightly dry skin.

I do a lot of walking outdoors so always use a high SPF ( 25+) under foundation. I thought this product would be great for summer- no need for foundation, separate sun block- just use this and out the door fast!

Pros
-Can't think of any except it works like a tinted moisturiser.

Cons
-Colour range limited - extra light is darker than Porcelain in foundation, but okay once blended.
-Texture - I still need to use a moisturiser under this or it drags my skin on application.
-Coverage- hardly any. May as well use tinted moisturiser. Layering makes it streaky because it dries quickly. Has no 'glow'.
-Doesn't last- has to be re-applied after a few hours.

I won't buy again and wish I'd gone for the tinted moisturiser which has SPF 25 and seems much more dewy.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by PauleL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not for dry skin. As a big fan of Bobbi Brown products, I badly wanted to love this but it just doesn't work for dry skin -- well, maybe if you were planning on using a moisturizer underneath but I feel that defeats the purpose.

Immediately after applying the skin on my face felt tight and it only got worse as the day wore on. It also lacks any kind of "slip" so it's hard to apply evenly.

I can only see this product working well for oily skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this BB Cream in the shade 'Extra Light', which I thought would match my usual Bobbi Brown shade which is 'Alabaster'. I'd say the shade Extra Light is more like 'Porcelain' the shade higher. This will still work for an alabaster skin tone though.

My usual BB Cream is one from Korean brand 'Missha' in the colour #13. For a 'Western' BB Cream Bobbi Brown is decent. The packaging is great, a small thin black tube in Bobbi Brown's classically minimalist style, which I love.

Overall, this is a good BB Cream and probably the best Western BB Cream I have experienced. Plus it is SPF 35+ which is great news. I'd probably sample this cream first, as the shades seem to run darker than what you would expect. I would not repurchase this product for now, as I prefer the coverage and benefits from Korean BB creams, they are also cheaper and better on all levels.