July 29, 2014 | 1972 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Fabulous product! This is everything I wanted Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser to be! And as a HUGE plus, it contains beneficial ingredients to skin e.g. antioxidants and skin-repairing ingredients. It is also fragrance and alcohol free, great for my sensitive skin.
The finish is so natural - it looks just like healthy, hydrated skin with a slight glow. I would say the coverage is light-medium but it is buildable and easy to blend. I find the lasting power amazing - it lasts until I take it off basically! Also, it does not oxidise.
I have slightly oily (combination) skin that is very breakout prone and I have had no problems from this in that respect. I study ingredients for any hint of comedogenic ingredients and there are no offenders here! I have NC25ish skin with slightly golden/yellow undertones and use "Light" - my sister who is slightly fairer with more pink undertones uses either Light or Fair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

Color Range: I just finished my first tube of this BB Cream, which lasted about six months if not a bit longer. The range of colors is not as good as her foundations and while Extra Light looked good on me, I feel it was a bit darker than my skin color, maybe it would be better for Warm Ivory users.

Coverage: The coverage was nice, not heavy but it did cover my redness and minor imperfections, for new breakouts I needed concealer but considering this is a BB Cream and not a foundation I expected this. Great for everyday use, school, work, etc. One of my friends uses the CC cream from Clinique and her skin looked great, almost as if she was wearing nothing so I might try this product next, but sometimes is difficult finding a good color match with Clinique.

Skin types: I have combination skin and this BB Cream worked great in the summer, in winter I started using a light moisturizer underneath and the dry patches in my skin starting looking more pronounce. It lasted most of the day for me, when the oil started to surface it looked radiant rather than oily so that was nice. It's oil free so anyone who has oily or combination skin can use this product without a problem, people with dry skin might not like it or will need to use a very good moisturizer before applying the BB Cream.

In general, I would say this product is more beneficial for people with oily skin, who are looking for a light-medium coverage, and don't mind using concealers for breakouts or other more pronounced imperfections.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Started wearing this bb cream recently, started on days off where I didn't mind going a bit more natural coverage and even braved wearing it into work a few times (usually wear medium cover due to my cystic acne breakouts on cheekbones). I used mac studio finish to cover any blemishes, which in my case are quite red, so I use it first then build up the bb cream on top. I have used a flat brush to apply it and also have used my fingers, I've read a few reviews on people saying how it doesn't spread/blend easily and I can understand what they mean but I have sort of worked out that if you're using a brush, spread it evenly and then using warm fingers tap the product in or even use a make up sponge to blend it evenly and this can eliminate the look of visible pores. I think the coverage it gives is really good, obviously it will never give medium-full cover on its own, it's only a bb cream after all! I am quite oily so find I have to use a little powder sometimes to set lightly but it IS oil free and so when my skin is slightly dryer I do use a little moisturiser before hand so that my skin doesn't look dry! Great wee product, price slightly high but a little goes a long way due to its consistency so you do get your money's worth! Def recommend for someone who's looking a nice lighter cover foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awful. This had minimal coverage, colour is very yellow based, and worst of all...it broke me out. I have combination skin type, and I have never broken out from traditional BB creams. Absolutely hated this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't like this much- has a flat finish and a bit chalky on my normal-slightly dry skin.

I do a lot of walking outdoors so always use a high SPF ( 25+) under foundation. I thought this product would be great for summer- no need for foundation, separate sun block- just use this and out the door fast!

Pros
-Can't think of any except it works like a tinted moisturiser.

Cons
-Colour range limited - extra light is darker than Porcelain in foundation, but okay once blended.
-Texture - I still need to use a moisturiser under this or it drags my skin on application.
-Coverage- hardly any. May as well use tinted moisturiser. Layering makes it streaky because it dries quickly. Has no 'glow'.
-Doesn't last- has to be re-applied after a few hours.

I won't buy again and wish I'd gone for the tinted moisturiser which has SPF 25 and seems much more dewy.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by PauleL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not for dry skin. As a big fan of Bobbi Brown products, I badly wanted to love this but it just doesn't work for dry skin -- well, maybe if you were planning on using a moisturizer underneath but I feel that defeats the purpose.

Immediately after applying the skin on my face felt tight and it only got worse as the day wore on. It also lacks any kind of "slip" so it's hard to apply evenly.

I can only see this product working well for oily skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this BB Cream in the shade 'Extra Light', which I thought would match my usual Bobbi Brown shade which is 'Alabaster'. I'd say the shade Extra Light is more like 'Porcelain' the shade higher. This will still work for an alabaster skin tone though.

My usual BB Cream is one from Korean brand 'Missha' in the colour #13. For a 'Western' BB Cream Bobbi Brown is decent. The packaging is great, a small thin black tube in Bobbi Brown's classically minimalist style, which I love.

Overall, this is a good BB Cream and probably the best Western BB Cream I have experienced. Plus it is SPF 35+ which is great news. I'd probably sample this cream first, as the shades seem to run darker than what you would expect. I would not repurchase this product for now, as I prefer the coverage and benefits from Korean BB creams, they are also cheaper and better on all levels.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Doodlebug95758

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first BB cream I've tried that really works for my skin type and coloring. It's natural looking while evening my skin tone. Blends easily. Holy grail product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by fashionista412

I originally received a deluxe sample of this BB cream at my Bobbi Brown counter and was extremely skeptical. I've always been a full-coverage foundation lover and like the look of airbrushed skin since I battled with acne in my teenage years. I told the consultant that I typically used MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation, but she suggested I give it a try and see how I liked it. I'm now on my second tube!! I absolutely love the long-wear of this BB cream and how it has made my skin glow. When I wash my makeup off at night, I still am in awe of how this makeup has made my skin so even and amazing. It might be a little pricey, but a little goes a long way. I've found the key to making it set is to first allow my moisturizer to completely dry. Then I apply the BB cream and wait about 2 minutes for it to fully set before finishing it with a little powder. This has become my HG foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

If you want a lightweight, sheer coverage BB this is a nice option. I wear this in Medium and am NC25-30 in MAC's range or a Beige 3 in Bobbi Brown. This would likely suit any skin type except very oily or very dry. Like always - best to get a sample at the counter and try it out first before wasting money. This is very much a Western-style BB; not much coverage compared to Korean BB's. Basically a tinted moisturiser priced at $42.00 US

The suncreen actives are:
Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4%, Oxybenzone 2.5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.1%

Pros:
- sheer, lightweight natural coverage
- satin matte finish that meshes with skin and looks very "skin-like"
- has some antioxidants
- 9 shades available from Extra Light to Deep

Cons:
-overpriced (in my opinion)
- low % of titanium dioxide, spf questionable but can be remedied by wearing separate spf underneath
- coverage is barely buildable, tends to get streakier when layered so anyone requiring more coverage must use concealer or foundation with this
- doesn't actually replace your skincare/skin treatments like the claim says (most people will need lotion or serum underneath this - plus all the beneficial ingredients are quite low on the ing. list)

Overall, I think this is a nice addition to the Bobbi Brown make-up collection. It's not by any means a must-have for me - I can get the same look by mixing my foundation with a moisturiser. I would not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No