September 1, 2014 | 2239 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Made me break out horribly. I saw Sodium Chloride on the ingredient list after I used it one time and had massive acne. Wish I would have checked the ingredient list first. Not only that but I just wasn't impressed with the formula. It was my first time using a BB cream and I'm not familiar with how they should apply but it did not smooth evenly or cleanly. Went on very gloppy. Just not a fan, especially with about eight pimples on my face when my face is normally completely clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Rlarkin

I received this in my birchbox months ago. It's the only bb cream I have used, thus the 4 star rating versus a 5. I really like this product. I am still using my sample, but I would/probably will buy the regular size. It's light and doesn't give me the look or feel of wearing foundation- I hate wearing foundation. It's also an SPF and moisturizer which is perfect. I hate to put on moisturizer, then SPF, then foundation. I much prefer a product such as this for daily wear. My blush stays on as well- so it's a good 'primer' if you will. It also helps my concealer set well (I put it on prior to my concealer). Gives a nice, even skin tone. Would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by larryhotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have finally figured out that this is making my sensitive, combo skin break out into small bumps all over my cheeks. I got this as a sample in my birchbox but after getting the full sized version I am not very impressed. It's very thick and almost hard to blend. The color is orangey for my pale NC15 (MAC) skin (I wear the lightest shade in almost every foundation). It's just okay. I would rather mix an SPF moisturizer with my liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale, dry and blemished skin and while I do like the formula and the way it feels on my skin the colour is far too dark for me and doesn't blend with my natural skin tone. I only use this mixed in with my foundation which is lighter so it adjusts the colour. I would not purchase this again as I can't wear it on its own whereas I can wear something like the Holika Holika Petit BB range or Missha perfect cover alone and these are much cheaper. Very moisturising and dewy but the colour isn't right for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by msjoannabanana

Best BB cream I have used. Love that it has SPF and does not irritate my very sensitive, acne-prone skin.

I have been using this as my morning moisturizer/primer before adding powder foundation and my skin looks great all day! If I am having a casual day just running errands I will use this alone and it really does perfect the look of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

This stuff is great! I've been wearing it for the past couple of weeks and I'm hooked. I use about a dime-sized amount and my skin looks more even all day. I don't need to use moisturizer, primer, or powder with it. When I get home, I don't feel like I immediately need to wash it off, like I usually do with foundation. I bought the Dr. Jart BB cream sampler set from Sephora. I didn't like the Renewalist or the Black Label varieties (too greasy and wrong color), but I am pretty sure that I will be buying a full-size of either the Water Fuse or Premium. I do wonder how it would work on someone with a different skin tone. (I'm somewhere around NC/NW 20).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by itsjustjess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this BB cream!
I used to use laura mercier tinted moisturiser - but was looking for something lighter and was curious about BB creams when I stumbled upon this.

I love light coverage so this is amazing. I usually apply with a real techniques stippling brush and work it into the skin, stippling where I need extra coverage. I've never really been game to put foundation etc over my whole face as I have oily skin, but the way this evens out my skin tone is amazing - it just makes me look awake.
I have warm indian olive skin, and when first applied the product does look kind of ashy - but then kind of fades out. It covers my red cheeks, the darkness under my lips and the discoloration on the sides of my face.
if you are someone who is used to foundation i'm not sure if you will like the super light coverage - but if you are someone like me who adores natural looks you will love this!!!!

another point is, i did have to use a setting powder as my face gets oily from this later in the day, but i have hyper oily skin and its summer in australia. i think this would work wonders in winter - but i am happy to set this with a translucent powder and that combats the oilyness!

will repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by emmaorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i received a few deluxe samples of this with a Sephora purchase, tried it once, and immediately put it at the back of my bathroom cabinet. i stumbled upon it several weeks later and tried it again. the first time i tried this product, i dismissed it as being too light colored for my olive toned asian skin, and it became way too oily throughout the day. after i gave it another chance, however, it quickly became my everyday go-to for class. although it initially seems light, it seems to quickly adjust to my skin (helps that i am paler in the winter!). a quick swipe of my Laura Mercier mineral finishing powder almost eliminates any oil throughout the day. but best of all, this bb cream is super moisturizing and gives me the dewiest glow out of any other bb cream i have tried. in conclusion, it's really great for winter days (may be too pale and no-coverage for nights out), but i would hesitate on buying it for the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by GingerSwagg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first BB cream, but sadly, it didn't work out. I'm a NC/NW10-15 and it was too dark for me. Plus it was too light in coverage.

Overall:
Pros:
•Very moisturizing
•Smooth, even finish
•Nice packaging
Cons:
•Too dark for pale gals comme moi
•Light, light coverage

Perfect for those with normal, but dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have dry, pale, and sensitive skin. It gives light coverage, and is just a little bit darker then my skin. It looks much darker in the tube but it adjusts to my skin. Evens out skintone but doesn't cover my freckles. The finish is dewy. Scent is very light. It wears much longer than my Missha Perfect Cover. I would say it is similar to Missha's #21 in terms of color.