November 24, 2014 | 1991 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On the box, this product claims to give 'Flawless skin instantly...natural-looking coverage evens skin tone and minimises appearance of imperfections.' The second of these 3 claims is mostly true - it does even out skin tone. But as with any BB Cream, don't expect full, flawless coverage and vanishing act on imperfections! So for over-hyped marketing, I'm removing one lippie. However: it does improve the appearance of skin, it blends invisibly into skin, it doesn't turn orange and it leaves skin comfortable and hydrated. This is a product for people with fairly good skin who just need a bit of a lift. I team with lip balm (vaseline rosy lips), neutral cream blush (Bobbi Brown Fresh Melon Pot Rouge), a matte, creamy nude eye shadow (Mac Soft Ochre paint pot) and mascara (Bourjois Volume Glamour) for a quick day-time look.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Kat630

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've almost used the whole tube of Dr. Jart's Water Fuse. I have extreme combo skin in the winter: Oily t-zone then red, dry, flaky patches on my cheeks. Dr. Jart's is hydrating and feels so good on my cheeks. It doesn't cake on my dry skin either if I do it right. At frist I tried putting it on with a brush because I didn't like how it would at first feel so creamy, then all the sudden the water fuse would kick in and it would suddenly be very watery. But I used too much product with a brush and it would start to look cakey. I find it's best for me to use a primer on my t-zone (I love Happy Me Skincare Pore & Fine Line Perfector and Primer), then I put on Dr. Jart's with my fingers. I spread it on with one swipe, wait a minute for the water to bead up, then I go ahead and rub it in. I go back and build slightly by patting a tad more on redder spots, then set my t-zone with powder. It is just one color fits all. It looks very close to Revlon's Colorstay buff. But my darker-skinned sis uses it too and it blends well with her skin. She only has to use it on her cheeks to cover redness. It does even out my skin tone and covers most redness. You can't expect a BB cream to be full coverage though. But with my extreme combo skin, this works better for me. It starts to wear off of my nose and chin after about 6 hours. I'm trying a better setting powder tomorrow though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

I've been using this for almost a year straight with really no complaints. my skin is combo/dry and this is the only 'foundation' that keeps my skin hydrated and comfortable all day. while it leaves a dewy finish it can come off as greasy around my t zone. I'll press some powder into my usual oily areas and I find by doing this it keeps the foundation in place for around 8 hrs. application wise, I get the best results when applying with my fingers. I've actually gotten comments on how healthy my skin looks when I wear this and really, I agree. Also my skin is about nw15-20 and this bb cream blends seamlessly with my skin tone. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin or even some with combination as this is very hydrating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I bought all 4 Dr Jart BB creams available in the UK and have been testing all of them for a few months now.
I have to say this one is my least favourite/ I don't really like it.
It's a bit sticky and hard to spread around and when using my hands to apply it it's just rather unpleasant. Once it's on it feels nice and comfortable on the skin though. I use this without moisturiser underneath, and even though my cheeks are a bit dry, this was enough and did not make them feel tight.
The coverage is very very sheer. With this, even on my good skin days I'd still need concealer on top or something with more coverage on my nose/ chin/ redness areas. It has a natural skin-like finish - but that's the least I'd expect from something so sheer!
The only thing that it does do is give a bit of sheer colour to my skin, which brings me to my next issue: the only shade they have is too dark for me! I'm an NC15 for reference and I think this would be fine for an NC 20/25.
Maybe if you have good skin but that is oily, this would work for you, but I for one will not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Got this as a sample from birch box. Applied it on left side of face and nose and my Cover Girl Aqua Smooth TM/BB cream on the right side. Seems too greasy and cause a break out on my nose. =(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by AllyInc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

made me break out - despite having dry-normal skin. the only upside is that it gives u a nice glow and doesn't look too 'caked' on. perhaps it will work better on someone with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Made me break out horribly. I saw Sodium Chloride on the ingredient list after I used it one time and had massive acne. Wish I would have checked the ingredient list first. Not only that but I just wasn't impressed with the formula. It was my first time using a BB cream and I'm not familiar with how they should apply but it did not smooth evenly or cleanly. Went on very gloppy. Just not a fan, especially with about eight pimples on my face when my face is normally completely clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Rlarkin

I received this in my birchbox months ago. It's the only bb cream I have used, thus the 4 star rating versus a 5. I really like this product. I am still using my sample, but I would/probably will buy the regular size. It's light and doesn't give me the look or feel of wearing foundation- I hate wearing foundation. It's also an SPF and moisturizer which is perfect. I hate to put on moisturizer, then SPF, then foundation. I much prefer a product such as this for daily wear. My blush stays on as well- so it's a good 'primer' if you will. It also helps my concealer set well (I put it on prior to my concealer). Gives a nice, even skin tone. Would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by larryhotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have finally figured out that this is making my sensitive, combo skin break out into small bumps all over my cheeks. I got this as a sample in my birchbox but after getting the full sized version I am not very impressed. It's very thick and almost hard to blend. The color is orangey for my pale NC15 (MAC) skin (I wear the lightest shade in almost every foundation). It's just okay. I would rather mix an SPF moisturizer with my liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale, dry and blemished skin and while I do like the formula and the way it feels on my skin the colour is far too dark for me and doesn't blend with my natural skin tone. I only use this mixed in with my foundation which is lighter so it adjusts the colour. I would not purchase this again as I can't wear it on its own whereas I can wear something like the Holika Holika Petit BB range or Missha perfect cover alone and these are much cheaper. Very moisturising and dewy but the colour isn't right for me.