July 22, 2014 | 1724 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tarayeo

This foundation is really light on the skin and gives a light to medium coverage. Has a really natural finish on the skin that is sort of semi-matte. Would love it for an everyday foundation but in my country the shade range is pretty limited. Therefore I can't seem to find a match. But otherwise, lovely foundation. Maybe I'll get it when I go overseas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a real shame Bourjois isn't sold in the US. This is a really beautiful foundation. The only complaint I have is the fact that it includes fragrance, although I do have to say it hasn't caused any sensitivity.
The coverage is light, but can be built to medium without losing its gorgeous semi matte finish. Doesn't settle into pores or fine lines AT ALL. It's nearly imperceptible on the skin.
It wears comfortably and lasts a good 10 hours, though I did need a bit of powder on the nose around the 5 hour mark.
All the wonderful things you hear about this beauty are true!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by tampants

So I was at the drugstore and saw this stuff out of the corner of my eye, I hadn't seen it before so I quickly tested it on my hand. It sunk in to my skin like nothing I've ever seen, it was amazing. Nothing has ever done that before! I bought it to see if it would work the same on my face and it did!

I bought mine in the shade 51 Vanille Clair, it's an excellent match for NC 15 skin. It's yellow toned though, so it you have any pink in your skin it may not be a great match for you. Shade selection in this foundation is not great to be honest. It's not high coverage either so if you're looking for a heavy foundation this is not for you! It's a heavier sheer foundation, if that makes sense. Feels like you aren't wearing anything, but will help to even out your skin tone and will cover MINOR imperfections. You'll definitely still need concealer for any scars or blemishes.

Initially this goes on sooooo beautifully, it's my favourite foundation at the moment. The only thing is, it doesn't last very long. I have oily skin and it only lasts about 4-5 hours before becoming quite oily in my t-zone (even with primer and setting powder). It's still beautiful though and even after several hours of wear it doesn't look bad, I just look oily on my nose and forehead. I use blotting sheets and it looks fine after that. If you're the kind of girl who can't stand any oil peeking through, you probably won't like this!

I can see this working very well for someone who has dryer skin, or normal skin. Personally my skin can be pretty oily and I still use it anyways, just be sure to blot. Beautiful foundation, the most natural looking one I've tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have just tried this today in the shade 52 Vanilla and it is good for NC25 NW25 skin. I did not like the original Healthy Mix with the black cap, but I really like this serum one.

In short, if you have combination or oily skin with some dry patches and not many imperfections and want a natural matte finish, get this one!

This is great for oily and combination skin like mine! The consistency is runny and it feels watery (maybe it has no silicon) so it is not the easiest to blend and needs a while to set and dry, but when it does, it leaves a beautiful finish. Very natural looking and feels like skin to the touch as if you have really applied a watery light weight serum with colour pigment to make your skin look better.

I think this foundation offers sheer to medium coverage, and it is not very buidable unless you wait 3 minutes before layering it. Good for oily and combination skin. Shades are neutral so good for yellow and pink based undertones. Feels great on the skin like you are wearing nothing, looks glowy but MATTE and stays like so the whole day.

I was going to return it when I find that it is difficult to layer and blend, but once it sets, I saw how beautiful it looks and decided to keep it because it does not accentuates dry patches on the skin and has friendly ingredients. I will pair it up with a good concealer to cover imperfections instead of trying to build it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by charmedmanic

Who couldn't resist giving this a shot after essiebutton has raved on about it so passionately?! I couldn't (and that's why YouTube marketing works kids). Colour range is poor, 51 is too light for me, 52 is too dark. When I first tried it I thought oh boy, greasy grease. I really had to buff this guy into my face and layer with some powder but it seems the more I use it the less shiny it becomes. I'm not sure if the mixture had settled and there was more oil on top but I'm not complaining now. Can leave dry patches but I've found that only when I touch my face. Don't bother it and its a great foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by hazelbeth

I have relatively dry, acne prone skin but when I'm having a 'good skin day' I love this foundation. I'd say that if you wanted a product that would completely cover any blemishes this wouldn't be the right one for you, however if you're looking for something linter then I would definitely recommend this foundation. It brightens my skin, it's easy to blend and is very light so I find it perfect in the summer. You can build onto it to make the coverage slightly heavier and if you reapplying during the day it blends in so easily. The packaging claims that it lasts for 16 hours, I never wear my makeup for this long but I haven't noticed it going patchy when I've had it on all day (from about 8am to 7pm). The light consistency makes it easy to apply whether you use a brush or your fingers and I think the packaging is appealing as well. I can definitely see myself repurchasing this foundation again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by hlillico

I have combination skin with dry patches in certain areas from using Retin-A for acne. This foundation did a terrible job, the coverage was so minimal, it covered almost none of my spots, and it accentuated the dry patches. In Canada this is about $26 so I was really disappointed with it. I've used better drugstore products that were way cheaper. The smell is nice, that is about the only good thing I can say.

If you already have flawless skin then I can see this being an okay foundation as it will just even you out, but I needed something with a little more coverage and this did not do it for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Monellebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had dry skin until 2 years ago when it turned to combination/oily. I always wore tinted moisturizers or mineral powders from The Body Shop, nothing too heavy. When you get older you discover amazing things like blemishes, breakouts, dark circles,oily t-zone and many more (I know I'm very lucky discovering that at 25yo) so I really wanted to find a foundation that was light to medium coverage but that would also mattify my skin. I saw Miss Budget Beauty raving about that foundation, she's got combination/oily skin as well (at the time), it felt like she was talking about me when I read her review so I went out to buy that gem the next day. I went for the shade number 53. You know how painful it is to choose your foundation at the drugstore, they all seems to match, you stay 30 minutes in front of all these bottles that look the same, you have all the shades mixed up together on your hands, arms and sometimes your face until you finally give up and look like a crazy woman asking random chicks if they think it matches your skin. It says : "Instant blending gel, flawless complexion, undetectable coverage" obviously they know what they are talking about. You Bourjois peeps took these words right out of my mouth (I mean my fingers). First of all, it smells AMAHHZING. It contains vitamin fruits, surprise ... it smells fruity. It's divine, you really feel like you're swimming in a fruit bowl. It is a classy glass bottle with a pump, yeah you read that, A PUMP, I don't do foundations with no pump, who has time for that? I rarely apply foundation with my fingers so I used my Real Techniques buffing brush and it felt great but more than anything it looked great! The semi matt finish is perfect and I do have some dry bits on the cheeks but it worked fine. It lasted pretty well through the day but you probably need to touch up with some powder at some point. The bottle seems slim but don't be fooled ladies, it lasts for a while. I do love Bourjois, when I was a kid I used to play with my grandma's blushes and single eye shadows, wishing I could have them all, well now I'm an adult and I can buy them all. Dreams come true. I can't even think about a product from Bourjois that disappointed me so of course I highly recommend that one. When nothing was coming out of the pump anymore (yes, I got sad and asked myself "what am I going to do with my life") I turned it upside down, put it in the toothbrush holder and opened up the bottle. That lasted me for an extra week. Read s'more at http://monellebeauty.blogspot.com.au

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I like this foundation; it's not HG for me but it's solid and I could see it working for a lot of skin types. I'm pretty pale (NW15ish) and I actually bought shade 52, which is a bit too dark for me right now, but will be perfect in the summer when I need a lighter foundation like this on anyway. Even with the slight shade mismatch, it does a good job of sinking into & blending in with your skin, which I consider a big plus. It doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation with this, really, and it does not transfer at all which is awesome!! It also feels just great on the skin, not heavy at all. However, the major con is that coverage is quite light/sheer... like almost BB cream status to me. If you want to build it up it uses a lot of product and it's quite messy. But on "good skin days" I really like using this foundation! Finally, the price is good but it's a bit hard to find in the US.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by pandalong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a product of good value. Don't miss it, If you like luminous finish. The shade 52 is a little darker for my skin tone. I'm in NC20. Then I'm not a big fan of the scent, and it lasts few hours. Sometimes I think it's just too luminous, i have to use a mat powder to mattify it a bit.