October 31, 2014 | 1561 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely excellent makeup brushes! Love them all, especially the super soft blusher brush and amazing expert face brush. Just excellent and unbelievably good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by mog12

I agree that these are great. I'd bought the set for my daughter and after trying them myself had to get them too. I use Bare Minerals and I'm afraid their brushes don't compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I can only reiterate what others have said, so I won't bother.
Just buy them. You're welcome.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by grace64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I put off buying this collection several times due to the price and I ended up getting it as a present for christmas.
Concealer brush - I personally do not understand this brush, its so small and fiddly, using your fingers to apply concealer is easier and a lot quicker.
Foundation brush - I'm not a fan on foundation brushes but i think this one is okay, I am more likely to use it to apply concealer but it is nice and soft.
Contour brush - perfect size, super super soft, washes easily, use everyday, does exactly what its made for.
Buffing brush - THIS WAS WORTH THE MONEY. Favourite beauty product I own, gutted they don't sell it separately. It makes foundation application quick, easy and flawless. It applies an even coverage without caking up the foundation or powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbytori

I love these brushes, so dense and soft, they make applying makeup so much easier

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Mireille85

Love these brushes ..makes my makeup look flawless

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Great little set at a great little price! Especially love the face brush for flawless cream foundation and the contour brush also perfect for contouring / blusher / lovely soft hairs on both. The little brush works best for lips. Slightly disappointed by the foundation brush as it's a lot smaller than it looks, it does the job but not quick enough application due to its size for my liking so if I'm using a liquid foundation I'll pick it up with the foundation brush and roughly wipe it on my whole face, then buff it in with the face brush to give a really flawless finish. Finally, none of the brushes have shed a single hair, a rarity in my experience! Thoroughly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

I personally think Real Techniques brushes are fantastic. I love this collection that features a detailer brush, contour brush, buffing brush and pointed foundation brush. My favourite is the buffing brush it makes my foundation look flawless and blends very well. The only negative is that I absolutely hate the pointed foundation brush, it is completely useless to blend foundation as it is far too small and leaves my skin incredibly streaky. Overall, though, this is a fantastic brush collection. I also recommend purchasing the expert face brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

THE BUFFING BRUSH:
I loooove this brush for foundation, bb cream, etc.
It litarally takes me 2 sec. to blend out my foundation with this brush, so it's perfect for everyday. It doesn't give you an airbrush finish, like if you were using a beautyblender og dapping it on with a flat kabuki brush, but honestly for an everyday foundation routine, it is perfect and quick! Also gives you an incredible natural finish.

THE FLAT FOUNDATION BRUSH:
This is not a favorite of mine. For foundation it's way to small, and for concealer it's to flat and stiff, to blend out under the eyes and even on blemishes. Normally I don't even use these flat foundations brushes, but if I do I will always use the one from Sigma! It's bigger and blends out better.

THE CONTOUR BRUSH:
Okay. This. Is. Perfection.
I literally use this for everything. Blush, bronzer/contour, and my favorite: concealer.
This blends out concealer SO well. I use it to cover both under the eyes and on blemishes and scars.

THE DETAILER BRUSH:
I never ever use this brush. I'm not much of a fan of little stiff brushes like this. Either you should use it for blemishes, which for me doesn't work, since it doesn't blend out the concealer at all. OR for applying lipstick, but I always apply lipstick straid ahead. I guess I'm to lazy to use a brush ;-)

- Overall I LOVE the Buffing and Contour brush, but not a huge fan of the 2 others.
I deffintly think it's still worth it to buy this set, since it's not even that expensive for brushes and the quality (of the buffing and contour brush) is AMAZING.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by mka87

My first encounter with RT brushes was the large powder brush and the blush brush. I hated both, and was recluctant to try anymore, particularly a set of brushes from the same brand. I was intrigued to try the buffing brush (partly due to the hype online, and I don't usually buy into various 'hypes') so bought the set when I spied it on offer in Boots. What can I say? I have taken one lippie off because you can't buy the buffing brush seperately but overall I love this set. Some of the brushes I doubt I'll get much use for truth be told but the buffing brush is superb. Absolutely superb. Doesn't drink up the liquid foundation I use it with and feels very luxurious on the skin. The contour brush is also a winner and excellent for blusher on cheeks and a bronze contour. I don't use the other brushes much but generally speaking I enjoy this set a LOT more than the brushes which are sold seperately. I deliberated with buying this set/buffing brush or the Sigma F80 and came to the conclusion that for the same price I would pay for the F80, I could get a whole set of RT brushes. Definitely worth a shot.