October 23, 2014 | 846 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by exelero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works great before the summer, on pale skin! After a couple of days on the beach, you can't see it on the face, it just doesn't add color/tan to the already tanned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by 4everbeauty21

Loveeee it gives the best bronze dewyyy look ever perfect for summer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by MacMia12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Gabyrrsm

Excellet product!!!! Since there are not a lot of cream bronzer is difficult to compare but it is actually incomparable !!! Natural, and beautiful color! Just a fav of mine!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by perfumista1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference, I'm a natural MAC NC30, Bobbi Brown #4 and Chanel Perfection Lumiere B30. This cream gives me an added glow without the orange or glitter that most bronzers have, and it doesn't exaggerate wrinkles and dry skin like powders do. I watched Lisa Eldridge's tutorial and thought her application took too long and wasted product. To economize, I applied it over foundation and moisturizer, in the center where the sun hits, with #134 Japonesque angled foundation brush. I set it with Bobbi Brown sunny beige loose powder. Then blush, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, lipstick...and I'm good to go! Less muss and fuss to clean up. It took only 5 minutes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This was my first chic piece of makeup I bought for the full price (yay for Ebay when it comes to most of it!). I love bronzers and I became obsessed with getting this bronzer after reading a lot about it. I had extra money to spend, so I ran and bought this.
What I love the most about this product is actually one element that a lot of people seem to dislike. I actually enjoy how dense this base is. Ultimately this product feels creamy when touched with fingers, but it is very thick and dense. The reason I love this consistency is because it is EXTREMELY buildable. My skin tone all year around is about NC 20 (light complection with yellow undertone) and unless I self-tan, any bronzer looks quite unnatural on me. What this base does it creates a very subtle sun-skissed glow (no shimmer!) and you can tell that even with just a little color my face looks tanner (NOT organge or dirty, but sun-kissed).
The way I apply it is I use Real Technique flat top blending brush (I suppose any flat top kabuki brush will work just as well). By gently touching the surface of the bronzer and GENTLY swirling the brush in it I build up the coverage (the brush moves in circular motion by gently touching the surface of the product). I begin by using as little of the product as possible all over my face (it's not a foundation, so try not use it as such) and then go back with more color and countour.

If you have a medium to darker complexion you, of course, will have to use more color and perhaps this will not appear as super dark (if you want a very tan look). In my opinion this product works best for people with fair-light-medium skin tones.

Would I purchase this product again? Probably not. Although, I feel like one jar will last for years, since I've had it for a few months and it still looks almost brand new (I use it everyday). If you are interested in this sort of bronzing base and don't want to spend the money check out Sonia Kashuk's bronzing base for fraction of the cost.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by monicaroon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing. I love it!
Everyone pretty much already said as to how this product is so great but I'll continue anyways:
- Me being fair skinned, it just gives this great natural 'sun-kissed glow'
- Blends very well into the skin, and simply looks like it's your actual skin.
- There is a scent, but it's not a bad scent and you can actually smell it for a while when it's on your skin. I personally like the scent.
- Many have said it has an orange hue, which yes, I agree. But it's not as orange as some people think, so don't be too intimidated by the colour.
- Make sure you blend it well, I use a really small dense brush (mineral matte brush from Bourjois) And even though many say the best is MAC 109 or some sort of synthetic duo fibre brush, or kabuki, I just like this tiny brush because I can actually see where I'm putting the product. But of course it's whatever works best for you.(:
- And if the product seems to look too harsh, putting powder over it tones it down and looks even better and more natural
- There is the price issue, but it'll last you a long time and you get so much product so it's definitely worth it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Kealeighg1291

I absolutely love this!
In winter I use this on its own to give me a light bronze ... In summer as my skin gets darker I tend to use it as more of a base with my Bourjois 'Delice de Poudre' ontop to deepen the colour... It is perfect and I find that it makes my powder bronzer last all day (and with stand a night on the town in a sweaty club!!)
One of my regular go-tos, can't imagine my make up collection without it.
Slightly pricey @ 30, but it lasts a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So far yes I would buy this again. Yes it is a little orange but a lot of bronzers are and it blends in so well I can deal with that . It sinks right into my skin I really have a hard time blending in powder bronzes I never seem to get it right. Even though it is a tad orange it still looks great on me can't really complain I look like I have a nice glow. Will report back if I notice any oxidation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by BeautyGlam

I love the glow affect on my skin face. It warms my skin in the right way. I may not use this product every day, but i used it occasionally when i'm in the mood to have "a sun kissed glow" make up.
I'm using a stipple brush when applying on my cheek and also the forehead before i'm applying my foundation/ tinted moisturizer, after that i powder my face with my powder brush and put a little bit bronzer highlighter on my cheek bones and on my nose, and the result is perfectly amazing sun kissed look without looking orange/ too yellow. I'm an asian and i have a fair skin with yellow undertone (NC20). This bronzer is also my prime make up for my beach time holiday and the packaging is very travel friendly.
Unfortunately Chanel make up is not available in my country (i live in Indonesia), but they sell it in Singapore so i can only buy the product when i'm visiting Singapore (my city to Singapore only takes 1.5 hour by plane). Since i will definitely buy this product again, i think is not a big problem for me.. :)