Got2B POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

3.8

Aqua , Silica Silylate , Sodium Benzoate , Citric Acid , Octylacrylamide , Acrylates , Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer

on 7/28/2012 5:23:00 PM

I have very fine hair. This stuff basically takes the place of back-combing. It allows me to achieve the same exact results without creating clumps of rats nests. I don't like how quickly it pours out, and because it's lightweight powder, it's really difficult to determine how much product is remaining in the opaque container.

That said, the product itself is far and away the most innovative one I've ever used. It soaks up oil and provides grit to my flat, oily roots - gives volume by itself and makes it easier if I want to create even more volume with back-combing. Also makes my roots appear fuller because there's no liquid or alcohol to pull strands together giving that hard look that exposes scalp - yeah, there's none of that here. Just really gritty, textured hair. Does NOT leave any residual powder, and doesn't make hair look dirty in the slightest.

For anyone with fine hair, limp hair, or if you just want some more grit, volume, and texture for pliability, this is the HG. I WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT THIS PRODUCT AGAIN!

on 7/14/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hoard this stuff; when it's on sale I buy 2-3 at a time and throw one in my purse, one stays at work and one at home.
I am not a fan of having to wash my hair daily-it's hard on it so I used to use dry shampoo between hair washes. Dry shampoo hasn't been my favourite, it's dulling and hard to get the white residue out no matter how much I try and brush it out. Using this kind of does the double duty of volumizing AND making it look less oily.
As for volume, that it adds. I do find it makes hair a bit sticky and hard to run your fingers through BUT the style holds all day. If hair falls a bit flat, i just dampen my hands and fix it up. Awesome.
Love, love, love this stuff! I've tried the salon stuff and it's not even close to being better. This stuff's cheap and works.

on 7/9/2012 1:27:00 AM

Just bought this a couple of days ago and I love it. My hair is fine and really soft so it tends to go flat and doesn't hold a lot of styling or body. Rub some powder in my hands and rub it in my scalp for some instant volume and texture. Hair is still really touchable and not stiff which I like.

Heck yes I would buy again!!!

on 6/11/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I used to use the other one in the red container by the same company but I like this more and here's why - you can find it easily at most CVS stores, and the powder is somewhat finer so your hair/roots don't feel quite as sticky. Easy to use and really works!

on 5/26/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I recently finished chemo, lost a lot of hair. It is thinning, baby fine, limp and lies flat on my head
I have been trying to find anything that would give me some volume to hide my scalp.
I just used this and it worked great! I am very happy with it and will experiment with the use. I put in my hands rubbed together and then rubbed my scalp however I see here that some people sprinkle on the scalp and then rub. I will try that.
While I have baby hair all over it is very short so my scalp shows through. With this product I feel better about the way my hair looks. It was also a good price.

on 5/18/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this stuff! I Couldn't live without it. Ive tried more expensive ones from the salon that were triple the price of this & they don't compare. I'm typically a product snob, but have been branching out lately & purchasing more from the DrugStore. I really think that some of the DrugStore beauty brands are really stepping up their game! Helps me out in this horrid economy.

on 5/11/2012 2:35:00 PM

I originally picked this up when Superdrug (UK) had a 2 for 5 promotion running. I usually use their collagen hairspray for volume, so figured getting both was a bargain.

The product itself is in a short tube container which resembles a salt or pepper shaker. Sooo easy to use. Sprinkling a small amount onto the hands and rubbing together, you then apply to the roots. Then all you have to do is fluff up the hair and turn the volume up as high as you want.

I gave this product a five, because it does what I want it to. I use it for volumous hold that gives me time to use hairspray. I find it just does not stay put on its own for very long, but who doesnt set their haor with a little hairspray, right?

Good product. :D

on 5/5/2012 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have medium thick strands but my hair isn't in the thick zone- it gives my hair, body that its not flat looking anymore. I had tried the first time on not freshly washed hair (quite eager to see if it works any good) and it seemed to absorbed the oils in my hair which is GREAT!!!

on 4/14/2012 2:48:00 PM

Got this product for 6.99

This stuff..... IS AWESOME

You know that feeling when you JUST have washed your hair and you can't get any volume in it because it's too silky, and clean? WELL THIS STUFF WILL WORK FOR YOU! It is BEST to keep a backcomb in! Stylists, I think you could have found a "powdered" gold for updos!
Anyways, the stuff comes out as a light powder in your hands. You lift your hair in sections and rub it into your roots. It leaves a REALLY TACKY feeling to your hair- UNTIL you brush your hair out! Then that feeling is gone! I did this yesterday before going on a date with my boyfriend and my backcomb power was AWESOME because of this product

This product will not give you HOLY CRAP! volume by just putting it into the roots of your hair, but backcomb/tease with it and I PROMISE it works wonders! I will use this sparingly but definitely will be purchasing again

on 4/12/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually like this product, granted I have nothing to compare it to, but for what it advertises, what it does and how much it costs (Wal Mart, $4 USD) - pretty good! For me, it's like hairspray in powder form. It's a fine powder that you shake into your hands, rub together and ruffle into dry hair. The texture starts out...well, powdery, but then gets a little "grippy" for lack of a better word. Not only does it give my hair a little height, thickens it slightly but adds some texture to twist and bend certain sections of hair into submission and keep them in place. I like it!

Popular Styling Products