August 21, 2014 | 940 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I used to use the other one in the red container by the same company but I like this more and here's why - you can find it easily at most CVS stores, and the powder is somewhat finer so your hair/roots don't feel quite as sticky. Easy to use and really works!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently finished chemo, lost a lot of hair. It is thinning, baby fine, limp and lies flat on my head
I have been trying to find anything that would give me some volume to hide my scalp.
I just used this and it worked great! I am very happy with it and will experiment with the use. I put in my hands rubbed together and then rubbed my scalp however I see here that some people sprinkle on the scalp and then rub. I will try that.
While I have baby hair all over it is very short so my scalp shows through. With this product I feel better about the way my hair looks. It was also a good price.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this stuff! I Couldn't live without it. Ive tried more expensive ones from the salon that were triple the price of this & they don't compare. I'm typically a product snob, but have been branching out lately & purchasing more from the DrugStore. I really think that some of the DrugStore beauty brands are really stepping up their game! Helps me out in this horrid economy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by onyxdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally picked this up when Superdrug (UK) had a 2 for 5 promotion running. I usually use their collagen hairspray for volume, so figured getting both was a bargain.

The product itself is in a short tube container which resembles a salt or pepper shaker. Sooo easy to use. Sprinkling a small amount onto the hands and rubbing together, you then apply to the roots. Then all you have to do is fluff up the hair and turn the volume up as high as you want.

I gave this product a five, because it does what I want it to. I use it for volumous hold that gives me time to use hairspray. I find it just does not stay put on its own for very long, but who doesnt set their haor with a little hairspray, right?

Good product. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Foua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium thick strands but my hair isn't in the thick zone- it gives my hair, body that its not flat looking anymore. I had tried the first time on not freshly washed hair (quite eager to see if it works any good) and it seemed to absorbed the oils in my hair which is GREAT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lovebuzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this product for 6.99

This stuff..... IS AWESOME

You know that feeling when you JUST have washed your hair and you can't get any volume in it because it's too silky, and clean? WELL THIS STUFF WILL WORK FOR YOU! It is BEST to keep a backcomb in! Stylists, I think you could have found a "powdered" gold for updos!
Anyways, the stuff comes out as a light powder in your hands. You lift your hair in sections and rub it into your roots. It leaves a REALLY TACKY feeling to your hair- UNTIL you brush your hair out! Then that feeling is gone! I did this yesterday before going on a date with my boyfriend and my backcomb power was AWESOME because of this product

This product will not give you HOLY CRAP! volume by just putting it into the roots of your hair, but backcomb/tease with it and I PROMISE it works wonders! I will use this sparingly but definitely will be purchasing again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually like this product, granted I have nothing to compare it to, but for what it advertises, what it does and how much it costs (Wal Mart, $4 USD) - pretty good! For me, it's like hairspray in powder form. It's a fine powder that you shake into your hands, rub together and ruffle into dry hair. The texture starts out...well, powdery, but then gets a little "grippy" for lack of a better word. Not only does it give my hair a little height, thickens it slightly but adds some texture to twist and bend certain sections of hair into submission and keep them in place. I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by silverlilly

Ok, the Osis hair powder gets amazing reviews...this one, not so much. But they are made by the same company, and have the exact same ingredients, with the exception of the citric acid, which is in different places on the list:

Osis: Aqua (Water), Silica Silylate, Sodium Benzoate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl, Methacrylate Copolymer, Citric Acid

Got 2 B: Aqua, Silica Silylate,iSodium Benzoate, CitriciAcid, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl, Methacrylate Copolymer

I haven't tried it yet, but I expect it will perform the same as the Osis, which people love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is in comparison to the Aveda Pure Abundace, which I like quite a bit. I thought I would try this because I had a coupon for $3.00 off so I got it for 99 cents. It's an alright product, if you don't have the money to spend on the Aveda. I like the packaging better, I like that it has a shaker dispenser, so it would work better if you were to shake it on the area that you want volume. I like to just put it on my hands and apply it to the roots. The Aveda I think is better in the fact that it isn't as tacky or sticky. It feels the same when you apply it, but my hair overall just felt dirty when I used this. You would have to wash your hair the next day or else you'll have a big old birds nest of tangly hair. I would say buy the Aveda, it's better and will last your at least a year.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this because of the great reviews as well and while it does provide volume, it was quite sticky and my hair got tangly. i even tried it on my mom, who has really fine hair and she said she'd rather have flat hair as oppose to having this product on her head. i think this may be great for those with shoulder or shorter length hair.

got mine at rite aid for $6 and came with a free mini hairspray buy i will never purchase again.