Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

I like using this with my heavier foundations so I can still achieve a lighter and even coverage. No shedding, great value for price :)

on 6/30/2014 12:53:00 AM

Bougt it after reading all positive reviews on MUA, but I don't like it...
1) It sheds. I washed mine already 3 times, but still have to remove 1-2 bristles from my face after applying foundation.
2) It gives a streaky look. Iíve tried different products with this brush but canít get airbrush effect: with liquid products it leaves streaks and with cream products itís hard to blend.
3) Bristles are not that soft. If I donít press enough the brush doesnít work at all, if I press harder I feel that the bristles are scratching, though I donít have sensitive skin.

Overall: I can do work better and faster with other brushes. (using: Sigma F82, F80, E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush)
Iíve tried this brush with: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation, REVLON ColorStay, MUFE Mat Velvet Matifying Foundation and several Korean BB-creams.
P.S. it may work for very liquid products like L'Oreal Magic Nude, because I agee that in such cases kabuki brushes soak up too much product....

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Terrific brush! Totally improved the look of my liquid foundation. The price is unbeatable too!

on 6/13/2014 3:29:00 AM

I have 4 of these brushes now, that's how much I love it. I had problems using a foundation brush because it left streaks on my face, and the kabuki brushes that Sigma suggested for foundation would soak up product like an desert oasis, but this stippling brush cured all of that. I use it for a lot of things : BB or CC creams, liquid foundation, mousse foundation. I works very well!

on 6/10/2014 5:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This brush is excellent! I have stippling brushes from MAC and e.l.f. and this is far and away the best. I've not had any problems with shedding. The only problem I have with this brush is I didn't buy two.

on 5/24/2014 1:19:00 PM

I really like using this brush, but after the first time I washed it it started shedding a lot of hair. It's gets pretty annoying peeling hairs off your face while putting on foundation, it's a shame :/ will try to get a similar foundation brush next but maybe from MAC cosmetics :)

on 5/13/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely fantastic!!!! Whatever you want to use it for! I am going to go back and buy another one. Why? Because I have been using it to blend cream blushes and found out it is excellent at blending cream type highlighters as well and since I do not want to mix my blush color in with the highlighter 2 brushes would make things way easier. Originally for foundation but does an awesome job on anything creamy or liquid.

It is nice to handle and does not shed. Washes well. It is soft yet dense. Really I have found no cons whatsoever with this brush. The price is great also at $10.00.

If you do not have one already....treat and surprise yourself with this brush. It will be the one you use everyday. It sits proudly with my expensive brushes....a star in its own right!

on 5/10/2014 2:42:00 PM

HG foundation brush, great even coverage but it's hard to build more coverage on particular areas with it so I tend to use the face brush from the same range just to add more coverage on bad areas. But so good apart from that and also unlike lots of brushes you don't lose a lot of product into the bristles

on 5/6/2014 6:15:00 PM

I had been using a flat foundation brush with my liquid foundation for years before I started using this one, and immediately I noticed a difference! Its much easier to blend using this brush, I get better coverage from the same foundation and (most importantly imo) no streaks! The flat brushes always left lines on my face, and this one doesn't.
I found that once I watched a few tutorials on YouTube showing me how to use this properly, that I finally got the finish I was looking for.
The bristles are a little hard but they hold up well and none have fallen out so far, despite rough use. The only downside is I notice I've been using a little more foundation that usual with this brush than with my old flat one, but it's worth the finish and I wouldn't look back.

ckb

on 5/5/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first RT purchase. I got it to apply NYX cream blush. Since then, I find it to be my favorite brush to apply blush and also to apply Mac F&B. I love to stipple blush along my cheekbones. I also love to use it to blend in Mac F&B and then to blend the edges of my blush. I doesn't seem to soak up a lot of product (like the EFB) and I really like the look of it.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products