The Body Shop Exfoliating Gloves

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

plastic!

on 9/7/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Exfoliating gloves are one of the single most amazing and cost savings tools in my beauty arsenal. The Body Shop are the only brand that I can find consistently but there are both cheaper pharmacy alternatives and nice luxury ones - body shop are a great fit in the middle. The gloves are great they keep my skin amazingly smooth, I use with a gentle body wash and don't have to both with buying additional body exfoliating products. They last for a long time - I just toss them in with the wash every week and a pair will keeps its texture and shape for at least a month.

Most IMPORTANTLY what makes these gloves worth hundreds more than I've paid for every pair I've owned for the past 5 years - using them daily reduces time between expensive waxes. I can wait an extra 2 weeks easily and without the bf noticing - the 'dark curlies' grow in straight and smooth, I no longer am plagued by in grown hairs, and the next appointment hurts a little less every time. Don't buy those expensive salon serums - these gloves and soft circular motions in the shower are fractions of the cost and actually work. Same if you shave instead.

Love love love this product. I use them everyday in th shower and makes my whole body smooth and free of dead skin particles. They're really easy to use and I don't really have anything bad to say about them apart from them being slighty hard to slip on when wet, but it's probably because I have big hands :P Definitely recommend this to people lookingg for an exfoliating product.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this and the fact that they come in yummy colors! I use it to "scrape" the dull, rough skin on my knees and elbows. It always makes me feel good 'cos I think I've given my skin a very good scrubdown!

on 5/21/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow. I really was blown away by these. I was in the Body Shop a few weeks ago looking for a mothers day present for mum haha, and I saw these and randomly decided to buy them. I actually have no idea why I bought them, I just saw them and thought they were really cute. Anyway, my legs aren't usually too dry, but I do get quite dry knees which is annoying. I first used them on only my legs, and was very impressed by them. After getting out of the shower and putting on my moisturiser, my legs felt much softer and smoother than usual. After a few weeks of use now, my knees seem to be improving and the rest of my legs are feeling nice. At first I found the gloves too harsh on the rest of my body, but I have become used to them and can now use them without any pain or discomfort on my arms, underarms and stomach. I really like these gloves, they are very easy to store as I can just hang them on the hook on my showerhead where they will dry. I can already tell these will become a must-have for me!

on 4/23/2011 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have used these gloves on and off for several years. I don't have sensitive skin at all, and can usually do whatever I like to my skin with no repercussions, but these gloves are just too much for me anywhere but my legs. If I use them on my arms my skin gets very itchy straight away after the shower, and they are far too harsh for my torso. I wouldn't dream of putting them anywhere near my face.

on 4/16/2011 9:32:00 PM

I use to buy a lot Body Shop products esp their Tea Tree range but as my acne get lessen with age and looking after I switched to Simple facial form. However, this glove has been with me for 6 month now and I love it more than another exfoliating cloth or gloves which I have tried most of them (expensive or reasonable price ones) and I found this does the perfect job. It's not expensive and pretty long lasting as I use very frequently for 6 month and it seems fine.

Meh.
These gloves sustained me until I bought the Salux washcloths, which these gloves can't hold a candle to. They do exfoliate.
They are awkward to take on and off and if you use a scrub with them good luck getting all the scrub granules out.
The surface is an ideal place for bacteria and molds to flourish so I had to wash them constantly.
These are a half step above using a loofah.

on 4/11/2011 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

These gloves are the best. I've been using them for almost 3 years now and these do a really great job in keeping my arms and legs/feet smooth. I use this with a body scrub usually to get best results. A must have especially to use before getting a spray tan or using self-tanners. :)

on 4/6/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I've been using this for about 7 years now after a classmate recommended them in high school. Prior to using them the skin on my legs and arms would be very dry and prone to flaking, and I'd get small bumps on my arm.

I use this every day in the shower (small circular motions) and it has made a TREMENDOUS difference in my skin tone, along with moisturizing with pure virgin coconut oil afterwards. This is probably one of the top 3 beauty products I could not live without!

If you have a nook in your shower you can also hang them up!

It also lasts a long time, I would recommend washing it once a week to keep bacteria at bay.

on 3/27/2011 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is the BEST thing I have ever used for exfoliating my skin. I bought mine in purple. It makes my skin as smooth as silk! and I've only used it twice! I don't have bumps under my skin anymore. My skin glows on its own. I can't live without these gloves. I jst hope bodyshop never stops making this!:)

Popular Body Skincare Products