November 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by maymakeup24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect brush for applying blush!! gives you a nice application, not too concentrated which i love. Overall just a really nice brush, especially for the small price tag!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I really don't like these RT brushes. This one is too soft to pick up powder blush and I end up having to swirl it over the pan several times. And it doesn't apply precisely enough. The only one in the range I actually like is the face brush (foundation).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

My favorite blush brush ever. It's thick and big and comes to a point at the end. It's perfect for blush and even setting powder under the eyes. It's super soft and gentle and doesn't shed.

This is my favorite brush from them along with the Powder brush. I get so much use out of them. I use them for almost anything. They are very multi-purpose.

Every brush in this line is amazing quality and under $10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:41:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's too big for my face to apply blush but I love it for my setting powder. But You don't have to use it for blush... I use the RT multi-task brush for my blush because its smaller. This brush is super soft, applies makeup well and affordable. And the best part is it's easy to clean, and dries extremely fast!!! Faster than my ecotools, Mac or sephora brushes! In Canada this brush retails for $8-10 at London drugs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always feel like I have a large face, but this brush makes my face feels small because it's so big for a blush brush. I definitely get the design, since it's domed and very good for fluffing and blending out extremely pigmented blushes.

I honestly bought it for a powder brush because it's so huge! I definitely use lesser product (I'm using innisfree no sebum mineral pact) with this brush, to mattify and set my liquid foundation.

I feel that this brush is getting bad reviews, just because it's called a blush brush. Who said you need to use a blush brush to put on blush? Who said you can't use a blush brush to put on other powder products. There's no rule in this, I have bought this for a whole different purpose, since I found the powder brush to be too expensive for my liking and this was in the right size. (It's like people rave about the ELF powder brush to be a good liquid foundation brush soooo...)

I definitely don't picture myself using this as a blush brush since I have my favorite SASA blush brush still working really well.

I would repurchase once it has reached its maximum wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just couldn't get this to work for me. I have a small face and this brush was so huge that it was a challenge to get precise placement. Yes, it's cheap. Yes, it's soft. Yes, it has a celebrity name attached to it. But it provided only a barely-there wash of color and was using a huge amount of product to get that. This just isn't efficient or precise. And I'm experienced with brushes. I can't image being in my teens and new to makeup and using this successfully. If you can afford to spend more the Hakuhodo Basic line blush brush with the round and flat head is amazing (about $40 and their web site is very good and has paypal.) For a synthetic blush brush I also like the Illamasqua round blush brush from Sephora or Nordstsrom (not the flat, angled one which is too narrow); it is about $40, too. For a cheap option a Sonia Kashuk blush brush from Target is superior to the RT one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This is an awkward brush for blush. It's just way too big for my cheeks so when I put blush on, it gets to certain areas that I don't want it to. Just when I was about to give up on it, I found that it is most useful for powder since it's so fluffy (wasn't too fond of the RT powder brush). Definitely doesn't leave a cakey finish which I appreciate.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by slm1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

:( I'm actually really dissapointed with this brush, I love all the Real Techniques brushes that I already own & I really really wanted to love this brush coz I'm a blush junkie so I was so excited to try this one but sadly it just isn't working as well as I'd hoped it would. I feel it does apply blush really nicely but that's only when I want to achieve a natural 'no make up, make up' look but the times when I don't want that look it just doesn't quite do the job. Great quality brush & I do use it but not as much as I hoped I would.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

This was my first real techniques brush, I was so stoked because this brand had so much hype! Unfortunately, I did not like this brush. It says it's a blush brush, but for me it's a little to big to apply brush-I like to apply my blush w a precise brush and when I first got it, it ALMOST resembled the f25 in shape-but more fluffy and not so 'tulip' shaped. This brush is tapered, soft and I had no issues w any bristles falling out but this brush is just waaaay to big for blush! It also takes a couple swirls to pick up my nars blush (amour).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I love the Real Techniques brushes. They're such a great product for a great price. Serious value in these brushes.
The blush brush is a good brush, but not my favourite of the line. I love the shape, the softness and the actual look is aesthetically pleasing.

My only complaint with this brush is it doesn't keep its form. Much like the powder brush, when you use it, the bristles don't stay or flex back into the dome tapered shape it has originally. The powder brush does this too and it's pretty annoying! How are you supposed to have a precise application of blush if your brush is completely unshaped. I have to constantly press it back into shape after every few sweeps. Do I have faulty brushes or does this happen to everyone..?

I love these brushes but I wish Sam (or her distributor really) would fix that one issue. It would make them absolutely perfect.