April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This seems to be a very controversial brush. It either works for you or it doesn't. I might have figured this out a bit. If you have a thin face, narrow face, small face or very high cheek bones, this is not the blush brush for you. It is large and domed. I have been pretty happy with my angled blush brushes but I picked this up recently at Ulta. I have a somewhat wide face with a lot of cheek area and I like my blush to apply lightly and blend out softly. I will use this blush with my more pigmented products and when I want a light application. It is very soft and takes some practice to use it effectively. I would certainly rebuy if I lost it. I almost shelled out for an expensive Japanese yashiro shaped blush brush. Don't need it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It is very pleasant and soft to the skin, it has a good shape for applying blush or to make contouring. I don't find it too big as some people say, I swipe just the tip of the brush on the blush and then when I apply it on the cheeks the shorter clean bristles are blending the blush perfectly. I personally never had problems to pick up as much pigment as I needed. It didn't shed even one bristle after washing. The handle is very comfortable to hold. I believe it is a good value for money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an interestingly shaped brush that gives me more aesthetic appeal in comparison to technical appeal. However, I cannot deny that it gives me much pleasure to use this brush for blush, bronzer, or powder.

To be fair, it's use for blush is more complicated than meets the eye. The shape renders it's inability to pick up pigment over an uneven body of blush (Example: Nyx blush when it's new) nor does it enjoy picking up the pigments of a harder baked blush (Chanel JC's), but there are other blushes that it will work with that I use when I can attempt using this brush.

If you swipe once on a blush, it picks up very little pigment and deposits a little. I usually need multiple swipes, unless for pigmented blush. (Nars Exhibit A)

It is great for powder or bronzer, despite it not being used for those purposes, but honestly, labels are just that on brushes now. A label. You needn't use it for it's exact purpose (because I don't treat any of my other brushes this way, I don't really care about the labels on this one either.)

I cannot compare this brush to the powder brush as I've gifted that away even though I purchased it. That one had more density and less of an 'egg'/rounded shape though.

It is just exciting that I can finally purchase a few of these brushes in a Canadian local store now. Finally!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by wdiarom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is very soft. I think this brush is rubbish for applying blush. I use it to powder my face to set my foundation. This brush is actually quite excellent for applying bronzer cos it's so big! This is a decent brush for its price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was anxious to try the real techniques brushes everyone was raving about. I initially picked up this brush because of the shape. I'm sorry to say that it distributes color horribly and it shedded to boot. I returned it to Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush for both face powder and blush. It really gets the job and you can't beat the price. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by pinkhollogram

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This blush brush is shaped like an egg, and I think it is perfect! It picks up and blends in color so wonderfully. The only thing I'm not to crazy about is the wide bottom. It doesn't fit in to a brush case because of that, but it does stand on its own, which is great to use at a gym or public bathroom so it doesn't touch the counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Real Techniques brushes are fantastic! The blush brush is so soft, the perfect size to contour or give colour to my cheeks. It blends the colour brilliantly and gives the right amount of blush on your cheeks without looking ridiculous like some brushes do. I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by akyu615

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush was a disappointment. The shape of the brush is kind of awkward and too big to really do any contouring or applying blush. Felt weird in my hand and uncontrollable when I would try to apply blush. Although it is very soft, like the other RT brushes, it is not the best blush brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the softness of this brush however I found it too large to sweep enough colour onto my cheeks. I fixed this by wrapping a hair elastic around the base of the bristles. I wouldn't buy this again