October 21, 2014 | 1194 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This is an awkward brush for blush. It's just way too big for my cheeks so when I put blush on, it gets to certain areas that I don't want it to. Just when I was about to give up on it, I found that it is most useful for powder since it's so fluffy (wasn't too fond of the RT powder brush). Definitely doesn't leave a cakey finish which I appreciate.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by slm1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

:( I'm actually really dissapointed with this brush, I love all the Real Techniques brushes that I already own & I really really wanted to love this brush coz I'm a blush junkie so I was so excited to try this one but sadly it just isn't working as well as I'd hoped it would. I feel it does apply blush really nicely but that's only when I want to achieve a natural 'no make up, make up' look but the times when I don't want that look it just doesn't quite do the job. Great quality brush & I do use it but not as much as I hoped I would.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by makeupenthusiast1994

This was my first real techniques brush, I was so stoked because this brand had so much hype! Unfortunately, I did not like this brush. It says it's a blush brush, but for me it's a little to big to apply brush-I like to apply my blush w a precise brush and when I first got it, it ALMOST resembled the f25 in shape-but more fluffy and not so 'tulip' shaped. This brush is tapered, soft and I had no issues w any bristles falling out but this brush is just waaaay to big for blush! It also takes a couple swirls to pick up my nars blush (amour).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I love the Real Techniques brushes. They're such a great product for a great price. Serious value in these brushes.
The blush brush is a good brush, but not my favourite of the line. I love the shape, the softness and the actual look is aesthetically pleasing.

My only complaint with this brush is it doesn't keep its form. Much like the powder brush, when you use it, the bristles don't stay or flex back into the dome tapered shape it has originally. The powder brush does this too and it's pretty annoying! How are you supposed to have a precise application of blush if your brush is completely unshaped. I have to constantly press it back into shape after every few sweeps. Do I have faulty brushes or does this happen to everyone..?

I love these brushes but I wish Sam (or her distributor really) would fix that one issue. It would make them absolutely perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this brush up along with an EcoTools brush with a coupon from Ulta a few weeks ago. I'd heard so many good things about the Real Techniques brushes that I was eager to try one. I bought it more with contouring in mind because of the domed shape, but right away I noticed that may not work as well because of the size of the brush.
Here is my breakdown of this brush:
Pros:
The handle seems very sturdy and not susceptible to coming apart or peeling like my FaceSecrets brushes do.
The bristles are very soft
It doesn't really shed when I wash it or use it.
By the time I used my Ulta coupon, the price was pretty reasonable (though $8.99 for a blush brush of this quality is still a pretty decent deal)
The white ends of the bristles allow me to see the product on my brush a little better.
Cons:
I'm not in love with the shape of this. It just seems very award for applying blush. I think the top of the dome is a little too tall for me or something. I think I prefer the shape of a more traditional blush brush much more.
It doesn't work quite as well as a contouring brush for me either. Almost need something a little smaller.

I don't find myself reaching for this one as much as I do my Sonia Kashuk blush brush. It's kinda sad because I really had high hopes for this, but it will probably end up on my swaplist at some point. The quality and construction of this one has convinced me to try some of the other Samantha Chapman brushes, but this particular one is a miss for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by blinkthenfall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

soft brush, which i like, but it's a bit bulky to put in your makeup bag and carry around. it doesn't pick up much product which is good because you can build up and intensify the blush/bronzer (i use for both) but when you're in a hurry it can be a pain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok. I just bought this and I'm going to brake my rule of reviewing too early. I had just lost me E.L.F. blush brush and heard good things about this and I had a coupon so I picked it up. I do love the softness and I love that I got it for almost half price. I like that I can blend or apply a less streaky blush with this since it covers more area. However, I already have problems picking up product even from only trying this a few times. This brush is way too big. It's the size of my face brush from The Body Shop (which has lasted sooo long btw). If you hit pan, this picks up a ring of product since it's too big to get it focused in the center, unless you really break up your blush and then it's just wasteful. It applies ok, but I did have to run out and get my E.L.F. one agian. I need a smaller area for contouring and for getting more color on. I will keep this for blending and because of the deal I got, but I might not have at full price.

After some more time, this did grow on me more, I do like it to do the apples and to blend, but it was just a bit bigger than I was used to. Idk if I'd get it at full price or just try another line, but I got a good deal so it's all gravy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

Really good, soft brush but I think its a bit too big. It depends on what blush application do you prefer, some do blushes in a very long and wide ''line", but I like more natural look without any ''clubbing" variantons, very harsh contouring, so this brush is OK. I use it and I wont buy another but its because my blush is very hard and I dont get too much product. I really dont recommend using soft blush with this brush, you might overdo it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like most of my Real Technique brushes. They are great tools for a good value. However, this particular brush is my least favorite. It just seems huge and the oblong shape of the bristles makes it awkward to apply blush on my face. It is very soft, but I think this is also why it does not pick up much product. Granted, I don't want a ton of product and end up looking clownish. But this brush doesn't give me enough control over where I exactly what the blush to go. I've resorted to using my Elf blush brush, which isn't nearly as soft, but it is easy to pick up product and place it exactly where I need it.

Overall, I really enjoy the rest of my RT brushes. This one just missed the mark for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

Great for powder blush powders (MAC).