July 28, 2014 | 2076 users online

Eye Shadow - Too Faced - Natural Eye Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this palette, the cards are so helpful for me as I suck at eye makeup application. The colors are very naturally pretty and are not to sparkly and stay put !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I'll start out by saying that I absolutely love this product!! The quality and lasting power of the shadows are amazing! The packaging is classy adorable, and the box is small and thin enough that it's easy to throw in your purse and travel with. It's my go to palette and i always bring it with me when i go on vacation for quick, gorgeous eye looks. I was first drawn to this palette when i saw a friend of mine that had it. I was drawn to the colors in the palette so i drove down to our Ulta at the mall and bought it for about $36. It is a little on the pricey side, but totally worth the money!

I never had much use for the 3 cards included in the palette, i just paired the 3 shades in the rows together and it worked out wonderfully! The top 3 shades, the matte ones, are gorgeous, blendable, and I especially love the darkest shade in that row (sexspresso). I also love the sexy names of the shadows! ;)
The highlighter in the second row has to be my favorite shadow in the palette though. Silk Teddy is a beautiful highlight color for the inner and eye and also looks amazing alone on the eye lid. It just makes your eyes pop! You can create a variety of day and night looks with this palette, and if you are considering splurging on some eye shadows this month I would choose this one!! As some people before have said, nude beach, the highlight color in the bottom row, has large chunks of golden glitter in it. It is hard to apply, and I would definitely only consider wearing it for a night look because it is really sparkly! Also the glitter in it has a way of transferring all over your face. If you really like glitter then this shadow is no problem, but you just have to be careful to make sure the glitter doesn't wind up all over your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by tlkingsley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first 'pro' grade eyeshadow palette I'd ever purchased and I absolutely loved it. That is, until I discovered Urban Decay, Lorac and Make Up For Ever. After using my newer shadows, I went back to this one for nostalgic reasons and realized that it simply wasn't as high quality as my other palettes. This palette left me with a great deal of fallout, to the point that I had to remove my foundation and redo it. I also noticed that these colors simply did not have the pigmentation that my other newer shadows had. The blendability wasn't the same either. Also, the TF palettes have one fatal flaw, in my opinion. If you run out of a favorite color, you can't go out and buy a single of that shade. You're simply out of luck. I really love UD palettes because you CAN buy singles of all the shades they put in their palettes. I wish I had better things to say about this palette but I simply can't. For what you're going to pay for this palette, throw a couple more bucks toward an UD or Lorac palette. You'll be much happier with your purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I just bought this not too long ago. I think this palette is very nice! First of all, the packaging is very cute (although I dont mind packaging as long as the product is good quality).

Colors-
The first 3 top colors are all MATTE.
The second row 3 colors are pearl shimmer
The last row (bottom) 3 colors are pearl shimmer except "Nude Beach"-which is more of a pearl shimmer/glitter color.

I've read a lot of reviews about the Nude beach and glitter, but so far I actually havent had any problems with this one. A little glitter falls out here and there, but nothing to the extreme. I also find that this one is a great layering to any other color like purple, blues, and pinks of any other shawdows you have. :) I always apply Nude beach with my finger tip anyways-so this may be small trick to getting a very tiny amount rather than a brush that will just pick up more of the product much easily. The glitter to me is not too chunky but I actually think this one is one of my favorites.

Heaven-the white matte one-is soft, subtle, and smooth, and is perfect for highlighting, brow bone, tear duct, and even a slight sweep under your eyes if your concealor isn't covering it enough.

Velvet Revolver- a very light matte toupe /light brown beige color that is very light but very nice and natural.

Sexpresso- a very matte dark chocolate brown.

Silky Teddy- (one of my favs of this palette)-a very pretty pearly shimmer light peach/pink.

Push up- (another fav)-a pretty bronze brown pearly/shimmer

Erotica- a pretty dark gray-ish brown shimmer pearly shadow (another fave)

Honey pot-a pretty gold pearly shimmer

Cocoa puff- a pearly bronze brown shimmer

ALL of these are really wearable. Just fabulous..

I wear them these ways (so many ways)!

1. Cocoa puff on lid/Pushup in crease

2. silk teddy on lid/sexpresso in crease

3. honeypot on lid/erotica in crease

4. sexpresso on lid/ push up in crease

5. cocoa puff on lid/silk teddy in crease

...there is SO many ways to wear these! (including the way the cards are using them three ways).

My favorite row is the middle one "Classic" overall, and the 2nd would be "Fashion", and 3rd natural.

The lasting power of these is also very very good, I did not get any creases (but I also use primer under my shadow). I will def buy this whenever I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by megg15

I received this palette from my grandmother about a month ago and it's great! All the colors are beautiful and nicely pigmented. The bottom highlighter (I forget the name) has pretty big chunks of glitter in it that will transfer all over your face- at least it did for me. But other than that, I absolutely love this palette!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I've had this palette for YEARS and it's become one of the ones that I reach for most often. TF palettes are affordable, have cute packaging (although I wish I bought this when they made the palettes thinner because mine is the boxy old version) and even come with cards showing you various ways that you can wear the eyeshadows. The quality of the eyeshadows are great and very beginner-friendly - soft and well-pigmented, but not ridiculously pigmented so you don't overapply. I just need a swipe of each eyeshadow to cover my whole lid if need be!

The top row of the Natural Eye palette is my favorite - it consists a matte light creme (great for blending and softening edges), a soft taupe (Velvet Revolver is just BEAUTIFUL and has purpley-grey undertones) and a dark brown. Absolutely perfect for a daytime, work-appropriate look. The other shades are soft and shimmery, but not UBER shimmery like Urban Decay eyeshadows can be. They're all very blendable and can be mixed-and-matched for many different looks.

I'm taking off a lippie for the packaging, because a lot of the box feels empty and useless. If the thickness of the palette was cut in half, I'd carry it around everywhere, but due to its thickness, I have to let it sit on my vanity when I travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by fashioneestahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette. Although I have the Naked palette, I always find myself reaching to this palette as often as I do the Naked, maybe even a little more. The color silk teddy is comparable to Sin from the naked, and honestly, i much prefer Silk Teddy, same thing with the gold color (cant think of the name). I love sexpresso for the outer corners and use it with a pencil brush. However, I've found that the best way the shimmery colors show up on me is when i tap it on my lids with my fingers. The palette is about $40 but considering the colors last you a while, its ok to me. My only issue was the size of the palette itself but i know they redesigned it to be smaller. REPURCHASE!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually like this eye shadow, contrary to some of the reviewers here.

Here is what I like:

I find that these colors by far, out of everything I've tried (and I've tried them all!), give me, with such minimal effort, that model-ish eye make-up look that you see in magazines but can never achieve on your own. There is something to these colors once they are applied that really bring out the eyes and the skin, yet they do not take center stage. They make you a prettier version of you without screaming "Check out my eye shadow!" I like the packaging, that I can just throw it in my bag and I have all my eye shadows in one place. When I go for an eye shadow color, I care more about how finished it looks and the overall effect it gives my eyes. I want it to not overpower but give me a little extra something and I find that this product does the trick. My favorites are Satin Pillow on the lid and brow bone with Cocoa Puff in the outter V and crease, with Sexpresso as a liner.

Also, try the Day look as per the enclosed card's instructions. It is a very clean, natural, no fuss look that would be great for work, school, weekends and days when you just don't want to look made up.

I use Velvet Revolver as an eyebrow color. I have light brows and this color really works well with them and looks very, very natural.

Okay, so what I don't like:

The fall out that occurs. It can cause eye irritation if you don't use a wet brush when you get up close to your eyes with it. Also, I don't use all the colors (the Fashion trio). I could do without the vulgar names of the colors as well. And the price is a little high. I think you can purchase some of Too Faced's most popular colors separately though if you want to, to save some $.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

I got this palette as a gift from my friends on my birthday and it is wonderful. All the colors are very pigmented and very unique with the exception of the bottom highlight color as others have mentioned. It is similar to the middle highlight color in tone, but it has the chunkiest glitter that falls out like crazy. Regular glitter is much easier to work with. I wish they would replace that color, but the other colors are more than good enough to make up for it. The matte white highlight in particular is amazing. It is very buttery and pigmented-perhaps a tad on the powdery side-but I would not change anything about the formula. The packaging is a bit bulky, but I can't imagine anyone having too much trouble fitting the small box into their suitcase. I travel with it quite frequently and find the box quite sturdy, but a bit unnecessarily bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by struby09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! I just got it for Christmas but have wanted it forever! The waiting has paid off! I totally recommend it! I know that all the shades are perfect for so many looks! Although I do not like the tutorial cards ( I just don't like the finished look) I LOVE how it looks after I experiment a little! My only problem is it is a bit pricey for me ($36) but I think it is the perfect item to splurge on! If you want a new, modern take on a natural eye this is the PERFECT pallet for you!