April 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Eye Shadow - Too Faced - Natural Eye Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I've had this palette for YEARS and it's become one of the ones that I reach for most often. TF palettes are affordable, have cute packaging (although I wish I bought this when they made the palettes thinner because mine is the boxy old version) and even come with cards showing you various ways that you can wear the eyeshadows. The quality of the eyeshadows are great and very beginner-friendly - soft and well-pigmented, but not ridiculously pigmented so you don't overapply. I just need a swipe of each eyeshadow to cover my whole lid if need be!

The top row of the Natural Eye palette is my favorite - it consists a matte light creme (great for blending and softening edges), a soft taupe (Velvet Revolver is just BEAUTIFUL and has purpley-grey undertones) and a dark brown. Absolutely perfect for a daytime, work-appropriate look. The other shades are soft and shimmery, but not UBER shimmery like Urban Decay eyeshadows can be. They're all very blendable and can be mixed-and-matched for many different looks.

I'm taking off a lippie for the packaging, because a lot of the box feels empty and useless. If the thickness of the palette was cut in half, I'd carry it around everywhere, but due to its thickness, I have to let it sit on my vanity when I travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by fashioneestahh

I love this palette. Although I have the Naked palette, I always find myself reaching to this palette as often as I do the Naked, maybe even a little more. The color silk teddy is comparable to Sin from the naked, and honestly, i much prefer Silk Teddy, same thing with the gold color (cant think of the name). I love sexpresso for the outer corners and use it with a pencil brush. However, I've found that the best way the shimmery colors show up on me is when i tap it on my lids with my fingers. The palette is about $40 but considering the colors last you a while, its ok to me. My only issue was the size of the palette itself but i know they redesigned it to be smaller. REPURCHASE!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually like this eye shadow, contrary to some of the reviewers here.

Here is what I like:

I find that these colors by far, out of everything I've tried (and I've tried them all!), give me, with such minimal effort, that model-ish eye make-up look that you see in magazines but can never achieve on your own. There is something to these colors once they are applied that really bring out the eyes and the skin, yet they do not take center stage. They make you a prettier version of you without screaming "Check out my eye shadow!" I like the packaging, that I can just throw it in my bag and I have all my eye shadows in one place. When I go for an eye shadow color, I care more about how finished it looks and the overall effect it gives my eyes. I want it to not overpower but give me a little extra something and I find that this product does the trick. My favorites are Satin Pillow on the lid and brow bone with Cocoa Puff in the outter V and crease, with Sexpresso as a liner.

Also, try the Day look as per the enclosed card's instructions. It is a very clean, natural, no fuss look that would be great for work, school, weekends and days when you just don't want to look made up.

I use Velvet Revolver as an eyebrow color. I have light brows and this color really works well with them and looks very, very natural.

Okay, so what I don't like:

The fall out that occurs. It can cause eye irritation if you don't use a wet brush when you get up close to your eyes with it. Also, I don't use all the colors (the Fashion trio). I could do without the vulgar names of the colors as well. And the price is a little high. I think you can purchase some of Too Faced's most popular colors separately though if you want to, to save some $.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

I got this palette as a gift from my friends on my birthday and it is wonderful. All the colors are very pigmented and very unique with the exception of the bottom highlight color as others have mentioned. It is similar to the middle highlight color in tone, but it has the chunkiest glitter that falls out like crazy. Regular glitter is much easier to work with. I wish they would replace that color, but the other colors are more than good enough to make up for it. The matte white highlight in particular is amazing. It is very buttery and pigmented-perhaps a tad on the powdery side-but I would not change anything about the formula. The packaging is a bit bulky, but I can't imagine anyone having too much trouble fitting the small box into their suitcase. I travel with it quite frequently and find the box quite sturdy, but a bit unnecessarily bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by struby09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! I just got it for Christmas but have wanted it forever! The waiting has paid off! I totally recommend it! I know that all the shades are perfect for so many looks! Although I do not like the tutorial cards ( I just don't like the finished look) I LOVE how it looks after I experiment a little! My only problem is it is a bit pricey for me ($36) but I think it is the perfect item to splurge on! If you want a new, modern take on a natural eye this is the PERFECT pallet for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I love this shadow pallette!!!! Such beautiful colors, shimmer, and quality!!! Ladies, dont be like me and never venture into quality makeup simply because of the higher prices. I am bummed on all the money I spent on crappy drugstore shadows. Anyways, these shadows are beautiful and many are a close dupe for the infamous UD Naked pallette. So you can get this for 36 bucks as opposed to 50 for the UD. I was immediately bowled over by the color intesity and payoff. They blend like a dream too. They is very little fall out on the brush or your face when applying these with the proper brushes. So, yes, $36 bucks is a lot of money but for 9 shadows that are pro quality and will last quite a while, its not that much and you will get a lot of bang for your buck. Love these :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette contains 9 shades:
Heaven-similar to a MAC Blanc Type,a soft off white matte shade.
Silk Teddy-Similar to MAC Jest, a frosty soft baby pink shade.
Nude Beach-a shimmery champange, similar to MAC Retrospeck, but with more pigment.
Velvet Revolver- a matte shade midtone cool brown, similar to MAC Kid.
Push up-a shimmery bronze shade with a slight peach undertone.
Honey Pot-a shimmery midtone gold. A very nice natural gold shade without too much yellow to it.
Sexpresso-similar to MAC Espresso, a rich dark brown shade, warmer in tone.
Coco Puff-A chocolatey shimmer, reminds me of MAC Mulch.
Erotica- a midtone purpley grey...kinda a darker verison of MAC Shale.

This palette overall is a really nice mixture of neutral shades. 3 light, 3 mid and 3 darker. You have 3 matte, 3 which I would consider frost and 3 lustrey shades. The lustres in this palette are, to me, what everyone wishes MAC's lustre formula would be. The shimmer is there, without a lack of pigment. The wear of these shadows with a base is similar to any other high end shadow. The lustrey shades do tend to have fallout, but I think that is expect of a high shimmer product. Applying with a flat brush can help combat some of that problem. All of the shadows do have a overall softness and blend very well.

Some of these shades are similar to shades in the Urban Decay Naked palette and to the MAC shades I mentioned above, so if you're trying to avoid dupes that is something to keep in mind. Great value for the price. Also comes with cute lil "how to" cards which can be helpful for those of us stuck in a rut or who get overwhelmed by large shadow palettes. At $36 its also a very reasonable price. Def worth giving a try if you think it might be up your alley!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Kristin93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this palette ALL the time. I absolutely love it! Think I might even buy it again once I run out of it all. It is a little pricey but I think it's worth it.
I always get compliments on how I do my eyes when I use this stuff.
The colors are pretty neutral so you can wear them every day if you want.
I will try and post a picture of how I do my eyes with this palette so you can get a better look at what I'm talking about.
The palette comes with 9 shades. The top first 3 are matte and the rest are shimmery. Also comes with 3 separate illustration cards on how to create the perfect natural eye look with the shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all-time favorite eye shadow pallette. The quality is excellent. You can easily create a nice, neutral look. You can also create a smokey look using the darker shadows in the pallette. It's easy to mix and match the 9 colors (it comes with 3 highlight colors, 3 crease colors and 3 dark brown colors). Only 3 are matte and the rest are shimmery. The pigmentation and the wear is excellent.

The only con is the price. I think $36 is too high, even though the quality is great and it will last you a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by conniehe

With this palette you can pull off TONS of looks!!! you can adjust it from simple to bombshell! Its a great neutral palette with great shimmery eyeshadows ( no fading) and some matte ones! The price is not the best but i really like the product and its perfect for travelling, i only take this palette when i travel and it works for everything! DEFINETELY recommended ( especially when you want 1 multi purpose product)