Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

3.2

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-80, Polysorbate-20, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, (Antioxidant), Sucralose.

on 1/16/2014 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i have been really reluctant to jump on the oil cleansing bandwagon because i have super oily skin and this brand has always been so expensive. i then tried dermalogicas pre-cleanse for a week and its super awesome and did not break me out. this winter i developed some dry patches around my eyes so i decided to purchase this to put some moisture back in and not strip it so much. the 1st day, i was impressed. i thought, oh, it leaves my skin so smooth and supple afterwards! even though i had to pump out like 10,000 pumps just to get enough to give it some "slip" i was positive about it. fast forward to last night, i had a TON of eye makeup on and it only got like 40% of it off. i thought, oh thats ok, at least it got my foundation off"-NOPE, when i went over my eyes with remover later on, a ton of foundation came off too! gross! now i have broken out with waxy bumps and pimples on my chin, forehead and cheeks, this was not cleansing anything unfortunately. i really wish i had followed this oil w/a cleanser for the past 2 weeks!!! it smells nice, does not give you "blurry eyes" & has a nice bottle but that's it. so overpriced (and i just found out its not even 100% argan oil!), doesn't have enough slip-so that you end up tugging and pushing at your face, didn't break down my makeup. returning and getting pre-cleanse!

on 1/7/2014 8:19:00 AM

This product has a lot of potential however I feel that it needs to go through a few rounds more of testing and development. Firstly, this is very thick, probably the thickest cleansing oil i have used but it doens't spread well either, this means you need to use a lot. Secondly the level of emulsifying agent is low (the stuff that makes it mix with water and goes milky) so i feel that a lot of elbow grease is required to get make up off. Having said that, the ingredients are natural but I just don't find it to be user friendly. Yes it removes makeup but with the effort I would much rather use a cleansing balm. For the price you can get about 3 bottles of asian cleansing oil which is far more developed and cosmetically elegant. Not all cleansing oils need to be the same but i just don't think this is user friendly enough for me to purchase again.

on 12/21/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is by far the best I've come across in a very long time. For years I've spent tons of money buying a million different products trying to find something that actually made a difference in my skin. I stumbled upon this after first finding the 100% pure argan oil. I loved that on my skin so much that I had to try her other products. After trying it... within a week I noticed that my normally large pores on either side of my nose were much smaller and that my skin was way less oily. Prior to using this cleanser I would put my make up on in the morning before leaving for work then blot before I got out of my car to walk into work. (only a half hour drive mind you). Now I don't blot until the end of my day if at all. Most days I don't even need to. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I break out less so far and the breakouts that I do get seem to heal in half the time. Since finding this product I've converted several of my coworkers into Josie Maran users. As for the reviews that say it's hard to use.... they must not be doing it right. You have to shake the bottle because it separates into layers... then you put it on your face dry and try to spread it around and then slowly add in some water to make the oil spread out. It removes all of my make up including my water proof mascara. And no it does not taste good as many people say but it's not made to be eaten!!

on 12/19/2013 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

what i love about this cleansing oil? the smell. otherwise, it is a very thick oil that is difficult to remove. in addition, it leaves my sensitive skin feeling dry.
i really wanted to like it, but glad that i only have a small bottle (part of the gift set). will not re-purchase. as other reviewers pointed out - it would be better to mix some food-grade oils and use them as cleansers for a fraction of a price.
this cleansing oil is expensive, given that argan oil is NOT a main ingredient. in addition, even if argan oil is beneficial and your skin loves it, you might ask -- can argan oil bring any benefit in a cleanser, given that you will be washing it off almost as soon as you apply it. think about it :)

on 11/23/2013 2:14:00 PM

I got this as a sample, but I can definitively say that this is much oilier than some of the other oil cleansers that I have tried. This does not wash off completely and I feel like there is a film on my face when I use it. On the other hand, the scent of this oil is very lovely. This would be ok as a makeup remover, but not so much as a cleanser.

on 11/8/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm on the fence for this one. It's not bad but it's not that good either. Does a good job removing makeup in general (as most cleansing oils are) but not so much at removing mascara and long wearing eyeliners. While it smells nice, I find the texture a bit too thick for my liking, and much prefer the fluidness of Shu Uemura's cleansing oils (which works better at removing eye makeup). It also seems to leave some residue on my skin. Maybe it's argan oil, which might be a good thing for my dry skin but I don't think I'll be revisiting this for a long while.

on 11/5/2013 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This cleanser does a great job of removing my makeup and getting my face clean, but it does seem to leave me quite dry, which is why I only gave it 4 lippies instead of 5. It is a very thick oil (think SAE 50 motor oil consistency) that you massage onto your dry skin, massage, then add some warm water to form a milky emulsion, then rinse thoroughly. It cleanses thoroughly and smells nice, but can be a little difficult to use. My skin is normal to dry, and this does tend to dry me out. It removes my makeup, but for some reason I'm just not in love with it. I don't dislike it either. Undecided if I will repurchase or not.

on 11/4/2013 2:59:00 PM

I love this cleanser. My skin has sundamage and I am 54 years old. This has made the rough texture of my skin feel soft and soothed. It is thick and I apply a coating then with a warm washcloth wash in circular motion then I rinse clean. I dont know how this would be on younger skin but has wonderful results for this old bird. I cant wait to try more josie maran products

on 11/2/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't love this product, but i don't hate it. I actually only use it because it doesn't break me out and I'm scared to try something that might. i have oily skin and this doesn't make it worse, but it doesn't help it. It gets off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling good after i wash it. I'm pretty neutral on this product. I did just buy another bottle, because i was running low. The packaging isn't great, i broke and spilt everywhere. It's gentle. The price is a little expensive but there are a lot others that are much costlier.

on 10/24/2013 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Tried a sample of this oil cleanser. It was my first try at using an oil cleanser. First, off it smells amazing! I love the fresh scent. Second, I found this to be very thick for being a cleansing oil. It broke down most of my makeup, none of it was waterproof except for my Mally liner. It did lack the strength to get off all of my mascara and eyeliner. The name is a bit deceiving. The main ingredient is not argan oil it is cheap safflower oil and sunflower oil. Argan is about 5th on the list of ingredients. Did you know companies are required by law to list ingredients by volume? So the first ingredients on the list make up the main ingredients or the majority ingredients in a product. You could make a vat of this oil yourself for a fraction of the price. Dont invest this kind of money to rub oil on your face that you would fry your food in.