April 24, 2014 | 1329 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Candy Yum-Yum

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by MyLittleGetaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm sure my review is longer than most, but it means a lot to me. Thanks for reading :)

Let me start off by telling you a little bit about my previous lipstick wearing habits. Don't worry, it's short because it's basically nonexistent. The only lip product I wore sort of proudly was L'Oreal's Fairest Nude. I love the idea of lipstick, I think it is romantic in a way, but I never felt right wearing it. -Like a little girl who got into Mommy's makeup. As for my physical features, I wear MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus, and my lips are small and definitely not the highlight of my face.

I had containers to return to MAC (if you are familiar with the Back to MAC program you know what I mean) and I was picking out my lipstick. I told the woman at the counter I had practically no experience with lipstick and would let her pick some out for me. Honestly the only one I truly remember was Candy Yum-Yum. She held the tube up for me to examine and I immediately thought: "ARE YOU CRAZY?! I tell you I'm not used to wearing lipstick and THIS is what you pick out?" but I put on my best poker-face and agreed to at least try it. To my absolute surprise, I LOVED it. The color is so intense, it is perfect on my small lips; just the right pop of color. I felt a coolness and confidence that I had never felt before while wearing lipstick. To think, that I pulled off this crazy color! I get lots of compliments from my girl friends; guys, they just don't get it. :)

As for the product itself, it was suggested to me by the woman at the counter that I line my lips with MAC's Magenta lip liner pencil first. I own that as well and usually use it before applying Candy Yum-Yum, but I wouldn't say that you HAVE to. It just makes my lips look especially bold. There is no smell that I have noticed and it isn't at all sticky. (Which is great because I think that's what deters me the most from lip products.) It is a matte lipstick so my lips do feel a little dry and I seem to wet them more often. Thankfully, this does nothing to the pigmentation and it wears for about 4-5 hours. Even after eating/drinking the color stays put. When it does begin to fade, it is only the vibrancy that fades a little bit and it still looks nice. The staying power is so good, that I need a makeup remover to get it off completely. Using a napkin or tissue just won't do it. -Not that I mind!

I would tell anyone to at least give Candy Yum-Yum a try in the store or at the counter. The worst that could happen is that you won't like it and wipe it off. You'll never know until you try! :-) Good luck!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this lipstick on and it looked terrible on me I really didn't like it. I think this lipstick would look best on NC20 skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I believe this is my HG pink lipstick! Paired with minimal makeup, it's a great color for spring & summer! Best to use a lip primer so it doesn't bleed or feather, and/or MAC Lip Erase to get the truest color. I hate matte lipsticks so I top it with MAC Right Image Cremesheen lip glass and it's so beautiful! Love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I can see why this is so popular. I am now experimenting with bright crazy colors for this spring season and had to try this out for myself.

First of all, the color is absolutely beautiful even with my warm toned skin and makes my teeth absolutely white like rice. It is bright without being garish. When I first applied, I was afraid but after a few minutes of adjusting to the bright color, it is absolutely stunning. My husband said "your lips are creepy!" But guess what? I don't really care. This is a girl pretty color and will get you those evil eye stares from jealous women, and men will stare just because its so bright. I would have to say I adore it and will be abusing it frequently with a simple eye look, regardless of what others say.

The matte finish makes sure it stays put and doesn't bleed, I can't stand bright colors that seep out beyond my lip line and makes me look Iike I just ate a batch of neon crayons. Just wear a balm underneath and over it to make sure your lips stay moist.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Ashliebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! the color is so vibrant. One of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by effstar

OH MY GOD. I don't think I have to say much more. I love this and that's all you need to know. Every girl needs this. ESSENTIAL

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pretty much obsessed with this product. I really love how bright and pink it is. I honestly think this is the perfect Spring lipstick albeit being a little bit obnoxious at times... YA JUST GOTTA LEARN TO ROCK IT, GURL. When I first tried this on I didn't have any make-up on at all and I was utterly against it. I didn't like the way it looked on my skin at all. I came back a month later, and tried it on with minimal make-up and I adored it. I guess I just didn't appreciate it as much because I wasn't all made up. But I digress, apart from me being completely in love with this lipstick, there are some things that are quite undesirable about this thing of beauty: I highly dislike matte lipstick and this lipstick and matte beyond belief - meaning, it sets into your lips' line... especially if you don't use a lip balm beforehand. Other than that, I have no issues with anything else, really. I'm pretty much satisfied with everything else especially the price.. It's not exactly cheap, but it's worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I have a huge obsession with pink lipsticks, and because of my obsession I feel compelled to buy every shade that MAC has to offer. Candy Yum-Yum is my most recent acquisition, a very bright, neon pink. The matte formula is great, the longevity is phenomenal but I can't help but feel it's too similar to another beloved pink lippy I own - NARS Schiap. I would say Candy Yum-Yum is just a bit more pink, but they're both very comparable. It's worth mentioning that you MUST prep your lips beforehand - give them a good exfoliation followed by either lip balm or prep + prime lip then apply with a lip brush so you can control the depth of colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried it on at the mac store because the girl said it would really suit me (I am blond and I have full lips). It looked great but a bit 80's as I was wearing blue eyeliner that moment. I love the texture (matte) and the colour but it's definately overhyped. I didn't buy it, have enough other pinks (and i'm not really a pink girl). It's really overhyped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MAC was dead on when they described this lipstick as "neon pink" because it is truly fluorescent in your face bold blue based pink....and I love it! It's such a fun colour to wear and looks beautiful paired with a neutral eye, cat eyeliner, and pink blush, such as MAC's Sweetness, Her Blooming Cheek, Dollymix and Pink Swoon. The matte finish is an extremely long lasting formula on the lips, but can be slightly drying therefore lip care with exfoliation and hydration is a must. Plus it looks great on it's own with a matte finish, but gloss takes this shade to a whole other dimension of beautiful too. If you love bright and bold pinks, then this lipstick is totally for you.