July 22, 2014 | 1405 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Pure-Clean

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by thyniki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm normally someone who only buys brands like Nature's Gate and Avalon Organics, but since this is somewhat "green"/paraben and 'cone free and was REALLY cheap I decided to give it a try. Initially, I LOVED the softness it added to my hair, but over time it gave me a strange buildup and made my hair really dull and dry. On the bright side, it adds an amazing amount of volume and beautiful texture to my fine, straight hair, even after getting that buildup. But I've discontinued it because I'm afraid of it doing some serious long-term damage in terms of dullness/drying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

No no no.

In my quest to go paraben free I thought, 'why pay $18 for conditioner?' and decied to try garnier.

My 8 year old and I use the same shampoo and conditioner and I kept accusing her of not rinsing her hair enough. It looked greasy the same night as her shower. Greasy and weighed down, coated with something.

Then one day I spent an hour trying to dry my hair before I realized it wasn't wet but was coated with some kind of horrible greasy glop. I had encountered this once before with a L'oreal product. Sigh.

As much as I appreciate their attempts to go more natural, avoid this product line like the plague.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by funkyfresh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This sucks! It weighs my hair down a lot, yet somehow still manages to keep it dry and frizzy at the same time. Never getting this again.
However, it does smell good, and it is cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by parsonsperson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this conditioner! I always use it paired with the shampoo and find that after use, my hair is easy to comb and not weighed down. I do notice as I'm rinsing it out that there's not as much slip to my hair as there normally is with other conditioners, and I attribute that to the lack of silicones. It's a good, basic, product that smells nice and does a good job detangling and conditioning.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

What is going on with Fructis???? I used to use the sleek n shine one about 5 yrs ago so i decided to try the new pure clean line... BIG MISTAKE. For me it felt like i didnt even rinse, like it was crunchy, and that was still IN the shower. The conditioner did nothing for my long colour treated black hair. Later on in the night, my scalp had this weird oily car grease smell, not cool.so what do i do with a full poo n cond????? I hate throwing things out when there full, but i kno it will just sit in my bathroom...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by KatieSix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only person who got incurable greasiness with this conditioner. The first time, I assumed I'd somehow forgotten to rinse. The second time, I figured I'd just have to rinse *better.* The third time, I wised up: you can rinse your hair until it squeaks and still get the greasies the next day. And why does it contain corn starch?

If this is Garnier's attempt at creating a "greener," less wasteful product, they've utterly failed, because the rest of this is going in the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

***EDITED 4/13/2012 to add: I think I now understand why people are complaining about the smell of this product. The berry smell does not 'age' well on my hair. By the end of the day, it smells a bit 'off;' not pleasant. The issue with the scent is noticeably worse when I put any styling product in my hair... it's as if this conditioner does not 'mingle' nicely with styling products of any kind. This is not a dealbreaker, but I'm taking the rating down from 3 to 2 because I am sensitive about smells. I still would buy again because even though this is a bit drying, I like the squeaky clean feeling in warm weather, and the fact that this makes my long hair dry faster***
I walked into Rite-Aid looking for Pantene Aqua Light conditioner which I've been using, but that was sold out. An employee recommended this product as being similar. She also mentioned that they had just gotten it in stock last week. This is my first time using a Garnier hair product. After quickly smelling several of the shampoos and conditioners on the shelf, it seems like all the Garnier products smell the same, and this product was no exception. Thankfully I did not notice any unusual/rancid smell during or after use, as some other reviewers did. I did not buy the matching Pure Clean shampoo, as I do not use sulfates on my hair, which I color every 3-4 weeks to cover gray roots. I've got long, wavy hair which is brittle from all that color, but also fine and gets weighed down easily. So I need a conditioner which is light but also has enough slip to detangle my long hair, and also at least light moisturizing for my color damage. For me this is a very light product - I did not experience any build-up or residue like some other reviewers. The problem is, it's just a little too light. It's got a little slip - better than the average "natural" product from Whole Foods, actually - but I still need to use a serum or leave-in spray afterward to get all the tangles out & avoid breakage. This would be great for the lucky ladies who have fine hair, oily scalp, and normal (undamaged, not overly dry) hair. If your hair is healthy enough that you can just "wash and wear," I think this would be a great product. It rinses clean quickly. It reminds me a bit of the old Redken "flash wash"/"express wash" line from awhile back - great if you're in a hurry. I'll use it up, and might even buy again during warmer months, but for me Pantene Aqua Light is a better product, with a bit more slip & moisturization. I am thinking that based on the number of negative reviews (seemingly too many to be the result of isolated "bad batches") perhaps this product was just recently reformulated. As I said, the rite-aid employee mentioned they had just restocked the product so I know I got a "new" batch. So glad I didn't experience the residue etc. This was not awful, just average and more to the point, not the best match for my hair type.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by xfightonx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't brush through my hair, which is pretty awful. The weird coating that others have mentioned.... it's just so bad! What a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely horrible. This conditioner does not rinse well like the shampoo (which I love). It feels like the conditioner is absorbing into my hair. When rinsing, I spent more time in the shower making sure if I got everything out than the shampoo. It just felt like I didn't rinse well enough, even though I check the drain periodically for soap content. Definitely won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by valancyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I wanted a light conditioner and I believed the "no weigh down" claim on the bottle. Not so much. My hair feels dirty a lot faster. I used to be able to wash just every other day but now I can't make it to the second day. It smells fine but I won't be buying this again.