November 22, 2014 | 1706 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There's been a few times when I couldn't find this in the morning and kind of freaked out. lol This is the best concealer I have tried and I've probably tried at least 6-7 different ones. I'm NC40-42 and Honey is a perfect match. Let me first say that I don't have major dark circles. I do not need a lot of coverage but my undereye area is maybe 2 shades darker than the rest of my skin. A little goes a long way for me but please keep in mind that I don't need a ton of coverage. I just look a lot less tired with this on and it looks natural. The one thing I took a point off for is the lack of staying power. It doesn't last all day especially if you're in humid weather. Halfway through the day, I can see it disappearing a bit. Now, I do have to say that if you pack a lot of this on especially if you're one who applies concealer almost all the way down to your cheeks (Kim Kardashian-style), it will look cakey and dry. When the sales assistant applied this on me, she used way more product than I needed and it did indeed look cakey, dry, and just horrible especially up close. I also think this works a lot better if you use it over the Bobbi Brown eye cream (ugh.. the price of the eye cream). Unfortunately, the eye cream is necessary for me. At first, I was using it over other eye creams and it didn't work as well. With the eye cream, the concealer just goes on more smoothly and looks more natural. I normally apply a small amount of eye cream then wait a few minutes before applying the concealer. Now, I know a good product shouldn't require having to buy other products to make it work but I think the effect is worth it especially considering that the color is just right for me and us darker skinned ladies can have a hard time finding a decent match when it comes to concealers and foundations. I don't use a large amount of product so this ought to last me a long time and is worth my money. I've had it for maybe 5 months and with daily use, there's still a lot left.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I like the concealer itself. I find that used over eye cream (also BB) it goes on smoothly and lasts all day. It comes in a variety of colors and Honey is perfect for me. I don't like the powder. You have to be very careful when applying it, because it can get cakey. One morning I actually had to start over and wipe it off because the powder looked so bad. I set my whole face with powder daily, I don't need a seperate powder for under my eyes. I bought this at Sephora. I didn't realize that Bobbi Brown counters and online sell the concealer by itself. In hindsight, I wish I had bought just the concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by onoriki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of a few reviews from my fave YT gurus with my similar complexion. I have this in golden. Of the concealers that I have tried this has probably worked the best for me. That said, yes, it still creases however, unlike the other concealers' that I've tried with this one the creases aren't massively obvious unless your looking me dead in the face an inch away. I really like the compact that it comes in, I find the translucent powder works well for me. I apply the concealer with my real techniques essential foundation brush and then dust the translucent powder with a domed all over eye-shadow brush lightly. The SA applied it on me using the dark peach corrector to hide my genetic dark circles and then the concealer on top but it creased like crazy and made me look 20 yrs older. I still purchased the concealer but did not bother with the corrector as I have an alternative at home ($45 for the BB corrector in Australia) that said, I've been using it without the corrector, only because right now I don't seem to need it. I still see the massive dark circles when i take off my make-up at night so I know that this is providing the coverage I need. I'm finding that as long as I'm blending this in and starting off with a thin layer and building and blending using my concealer brush it really does minimize any creasing. As long as I dust the powder over the concealer to set it LIGHTLY, it last for a good part of my day and has open and brightened my eyes massively, I know this from comments from friends about it and recent photos taken, i can definitely see the difference because it looks natural and not cakey or obvious. I will definitely repurchase unless i find a cheaper alternative. 2 lippies off for the fact I feel like could still find a better concealer, obviously I haven't found it as yet... but for now this has been my favorite of the ones I have tried so far. Also I wish it didn't cost as much as it does, I wouldn't usually pay that much for any of my make-up loves ($65 buckeroos in Australia)..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by dilayla

I hate this concealer. It's sticky and creases like crazy. The powder dries out the eye area like crazy and makes you look unnatural and old.

Don't put any powder on the eye area if you have dry skin there. It will just look horrible when you laugh and emphasize every wrinkle.

This concealer is also too thick..like a paste. I didn't try it on my face because I am scared that it breaks me out, since it's too sticky and thick and oily. Maybe it can cover blemishes, but if you have acne prone skin, I won't try it out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

I've had to erase this review and start over cause there were so many "update".

Ok. In the winter I'm a NW 15, but I can also wear NC 15, I'm right in between...
I have acne prone skin, but as I get older I have also developed fine lines around the eyes. I was looking for a concealer that covers my really bluish/purple undereye circles, BUT doesn't enhance the lines.

So: I bought the corrector in Light Bisque and the duo concealer kit in sand. ( until now I've always used Everyday Minerals Loose matte foundation in Fairly light neutral for concealing both around eyes and acne.) First week I hated both those! I actually putted them out for sell on eBay!! I couldn't stand the stickyness, the synthetic feeling and the thickness of them...I also didn't liked the colors and felt that these products made my eyes itchy, watery and irritated. I was sooo sad that I'd paid sooo much money for this sh*t!!

But as the days went by I experimented on with this, and in the end I got used to the colors!

My mistakes were:

1) I stared at the color in the pot - the colors don't come out that dark at the face...

2) I putted them to close under my eyes and even on my eyelids...this made my eyes itchy and irritated... Now I only put it under my eyes and not so close that it can "walk into the eye".

3) I hate sticky stuff and a synthetic heavy feeling. Yes, these are really heavy and sticky creams! But they cover, and give a more natural look than the mineral concealers.

Although they set into layers under the eyes after a couple of hours, but I guess I need a eye primer... Cause all creamy stuff maybe settles...or...?

I'd give the corrector 4 lippies, for giving such a glowy base and erasing a lot of the tired look after a bad nights sleep.... One lippie off for the stickyness...

And I'd give the creamy concealer 3 lippies for now, cause the corrector does most of the job, and I think that there are other concealers you could use with the corrector... A big minus for the little yellow powder in the duo kit, that even the SA said is nothing to use. Completely useless - to dry for undereyes, and can't be used as a shadow, so waste of money!! The other minus is for the stickyness...

Anyway, go and try it all out! Before you buy. :)

Update 12-11-30
I have noticed that I don't like using this every morning, cause of the stickyness. Yes it covers and gives a "sheen"/glow, but the very thick feeling, and the stickyness feels so heavy under my eyearea...the skin is SO fine and thin on these areas, and this stuff is almost like syrup/sugar... So I've continued my search. I guess I'll use this for special occasions, until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in conjunction with the corrector and both in combination are miracle products in hiding my undereye circles. I use corrector in light bisque and concealer in warm ivory. You don't need a lot of product in order to cover, so definitely use a tiny bit at a time and build it up as you need it. It will look cakey if you apply too much. It took me a few trials in order to get the hang of it, but now it looks fantastic when I apply it. I use the pale yellow powder to set it and it finishes the concealer. I absolutely love these products and will continue to buy them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I use the corrector for dark circles by Bobbi Brown and had heard very good things about their concealer. I was actually sold this new duo by a SA who said it would be BETTER than the corrector. No. It is very thick and under my eyes it becomes very visible and only increases the look of the fine lines.

I have tried to use it on other parts of my face but I am just not that impressed with the coverage.

For the price I would not recommend this concealer. There are better out there, both expensive and inexpensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had hoped that I had unlocked the "secret to the universe" by buying this concealer but I have been sorely disappointed. The concealer is so dry and chalky that it ages me by about ten years, and using an eye cream first defeats its purpose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kawanii

The SA sold me on this as she said it works in complimentary with BB's Corrector. I needed a better concealer anyways so I thought, why not? Might as well use what I can to fix my undereye area!
The Corrector itself works really well for me but this Creamy Concealer Kit brightens up my undereye area more. I could probably go with or without this product but it was good as a more polished look versus with just the Corrector. I definitely notice a brighter difference after using the kit in conjunction with the corrector. I'm so impressed with BB's products! This concealer also worked well with my other spots that needed concealer. I dab a bit on the areas (mostly pimple spots or discoloration) and blend it well with my fingers. Haven't really tested the longevity of the product but I don't see it melting off my face or anything and I don't wear foundation so it wouldn't matter much to me anyways! Nice to work with for the undereye area but probably looking for something else for a concealer for other areas of the face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Although it's expensive, I love this set. The concealer matches my skin, doesn't look obvious and lasts most of the day. I like applying with my finger, it seems to blend into my skin easier. It does crease a little, but a gentle pat with my finger corrects it. I always set with the powder and it looks like I'm well-rested. I love that you get both concealer and powder in a slim case. I can use the powder anywhere my face needs a little brightening.

Pros: great color match, covers well, doesn't irritate eyes, doesn't dry eye area, very travel-friendly
Cons: expensive